AARP backs healthcare bill

Oh, and Medicare doesn't cover the full costs of anything, an ambulance ride here will cost at least $50, hospital $500 for emergency room.

Is that per month? and I'll bet it is just supplemental to medicare.
it is
you have to have medicare to get it

The thing I find humorous (and sad) about people like Chris is that they seem to think that this cost will go down, or even vanish, if everyone is on the same program.
and it take 3.7 people paying in to cover ONE person on medicare
where are they gonna find another 3.7 people to pay in to cover everyone they want to add to the system

it is
you have to have medicare to get it

The thing I find humorous (and sad) about people like Chris is that they seem to think that this cost will go down, or even vanish, if everyone is on the same program.
and it take 3.7 people paying in to cover ONE person on medicare
where are they gonna find another 3.7 people to pay in to cover everyone they want to add to the system

Well they are wishful thinkers. Maybe they are hoping illegal immigrants will secretly send in tax payments in good conscience.

What's the population of England, shitferbrains?

Fuck you, asshole.

Every other industrialized country in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare.

If Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Cuba, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Oman, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Ukraine and the United Kingdom can do it....

So can we.

You continue to regurgitate the same point. The fact that you have not responded to post #75 which was my reply to you on this same point shows you are clueless.

What's the population of England, shitferbrains?

Fuck you, asshole.

Every other industrialized country in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare.

If Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Cuba, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Oman, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Ukraine and the United Kingdom can do it....

So can we.

You continue to regurgitate the same point. The fact that you have not responded to post #75 which was my reply to you on this same point shows you are clueless.

No one knows he's Chrissy from Three's Company.

Bad news for the corporate lobbyists and their lapdogs......

Washington (CNN) -- The AARP will endorse the House Democratic leadership's bill to overhaul health care, according to a Democratic source with direct knowledge of the plan.

The move comes as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi oversees final changes to the $1 trillion-plus health care bill, which is likely set to come to a final vote Saturday.

The AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan group that advocates for people 50 and older.

AARP to back House health care bill, source says - CNN.com

Just out of curiosity, have you looked into the lobbying which went into getting this support?

Have you taken the time to investigate what, if any deals and promises were made which would benefit AARP?

Have you paid any attention to what many of the AARP card holders are saying and the opinions they are and have been voicing?

Just curious.

Mike

Who gives a rat's ass?

National health insurance is in the best interest of all Americans, and the people that oppose it in Congress are only doing so because the healthcare lobbyists gave them $3.4 BILLION DOLLARS in the last decade.

oh so now when you are proven wrong....here comes the back peddling.....your a fucking dipshit Chris.....are you still laughing?.....i know all the posters here are....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Who gives a rat's ass?

National health insurance is in the best interest of all Americans, and the people that oppose it in Congress are only doing so because the healthcare lobbyists gave them $3.4 BILLION DOLLARS in the last decade.

Gee Chris, first AARP isn't a corporation and doesn't lobby. Now it doesn't matter? National health insurance is NOT in the BEST interest of ALL Americans. How many are still in Congress from ten years ago? How much of that money was given to those that support a public option now? Any of that money find its way to Obama? You made the assertion, prove it.

The rest of the world gets it, why don't you?

here comes the Chris Hanitty Mantra....

AARP Tops Fortune'sList of Most Powerful Lobbying Groups for the Second Consecutive Year
November 16, 1998
FORTUNE's 1998 Poll Also Ranks the Leading Lobbying Firms and Lobbyist

The American Association of Retired Persons is No. 1 on FORTUNE's second annual ranking of the 25 lobbying groups with the most clout in Washington. AARP captured the top spot last year with the American Israel Public Affairs Committee taking second place for two years running. Completing the list of the top five interest groups are: National Federation of Independent Business (No. 3), National Rifle Association of America (No. 4) and AFL-CIO (No. 5). In the December 7 issue of FORTUNE, senior writer and Washington bureau chief Jeffrey H. Birnbaum identifies the Power 25 and reports on how the business of politics is played in and outside the Beltway.
AARP Tops <I>Fortune's</I>List of Most Powerful Lobbying Groups for the Second Consecutive Year

That was in 1998, so much for AARP not being a lobby group, and here we are 11 years later and AARP is right in the middle of this current healthcare legislation as well as the climate change debate. So whoever said AARP is this little group that just sits around and does nice things for Seniors needs to do a little more research.

First ... you don't have anything more recent?

Second ... that does not address how you came to your assumption that the government paying their healthcare costs influences the price ... a rather flimsy assumption really.

Two years ago is not recent enough?

That's hysterical.

The rest of the world uses national health insurance to keep costs down and provide basic coverage for everyone. We need to do the same.

Chris if this passes and proves to be a huge disaster.....will we see you here admitting it......or will we just not see Chris in any of those threads?......

220 to 215 does not bode well for and easy time in the Senate, it especially is not what you would call resounding agreement on this bill as well. I ask you, shouldn't legislation that effects every single American reflect more agreement when it comes to a vote?

Second ... that does not address how you came to your assumption that the government paying their healthcare costs influences the price ... a rather flimsy assumption really.

That's hysterical.

The rest of the world uses national health insurance to keep costs down and provide basic coverage for everyone. We need to do the same.

Chris if this passes and proves to be a huge disaster.....will we see you here admitting it......or will we just not see Chris in any of those threads?......
he will never admit it was a disaster

That's hysterical.

He'll continue to gag.

Cover everyone with Medicare, and the size and overall health of their client base goes up along with their revenue income from premiums. It's not rocket science, people...

i asked the 3 doctors me and my wife see what they think about this.....all 3 deal with Medicare....all 3 say the management side of medicare is a nightmare to deal with...all 3.... all 3 feel everyone should be able to see a doctor....but if its Medicare that is going to be the public option....they all feel....we may be in trouble.....everyone should poll their doctors....see what other real world doctors are saying instead of the big associations many who are out of touch and in it for perks.....post it here and lets see what the "real" docs are saying about this....

That's hysterical.

He'll continue to gag.

Naw ... he'll just find someone else to blame for it.

Apparently you did not read my post, so I will repeat it....

Other countries control costs by making medical schools cheaper to attend, reducing the cost of drugs, eliminating useless procedures and tests, using electronic records, streamlining admins, limiting malpractice, paying doctors less, and covering everyone, so that the most expensive medical care there is, the emergency room, is used less often.

Every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare because they do these things.

So there it is in a nutshell, my friends. This is how the rest of the world does healthcare better and cheaper than we do.

the Chris Hannity mantra.....

Forum List

Back