AARP backs healthcare bill

Larger healthier client base, more money in premiums vs money spent.
How does everyone automatically become healthier just because gubmint is running the show?
Currently Medicare's client base are the oldest/sickest demographic (either seniors or disabled). If everyone was covered by Medicare, the average age will go down, while the average health will go up. Not only that, but currently only 2.9% of their client base pays premiums (A). Add younger people who have to pay premiums and their revenue increases.
Yeah...And those otherwise "healthy" people (i.e those who don't make any contact with medical services) are going to now begin taxing that system for every minor ailment and injury because they're paying in and it's "free".

BTW...How are those gubmint projections on the production and availability of the pig flu vaccine working out?

Membership is $16 / year.

Just checked their health insurance rates. Much better than what I've been quoted from other companies. Ranges from $231 to $434.

dead wrong. my aunt was paying 250 bucks a mon for AARP premiums
If you mean membership, that's $16 / year. If you mean insurance premiums, I do believe $250 / month falls within the range I posted above ;)

($250 a month insurance premium for a person age 50-64 is a damn good price, btw)

it is??? well now lets put you on a very limited income. now you have the choice. 250 a mon for ins OR food OR rent OR utilities. what's it gonna be ????

How does everyone automatically become healthier just because gubmint is running the show?
Currently Medicare's client base are the oldest/sickest demographic (either seniors or disabled). If everyone was covered by Medicare, the average age will go down, while the average health will go up. Not only that, but currently only 2.9% of their client base pays premiums (A). Add younger people who have to pay premiums and their revenue increases.
Yeah...And those otherwise "healthy" people (i.e those who don't make any contact with medical services) are going to now begin taxing that system for every minor ailment and injury because they're paying in and it's "free".

BTW...How are those gubmint projections on the production and availability of the pig flu vaccine working out?
Considering they started out two months behind and how slow it grows (and because the FDA hasn't approved cell-culture vaccines as they are doing in Europe), I'd say they're doing pretty good.

Considering they started out two months behind and how slow it grows (and because the FDA hasn't approved cell-culture vaccines as they are doing in Europe), I'd say they're doing pretty good.

The FDA is inefficient at approving many things when compared to Europe. That just shows our government is part of the problem.

Membership is $16 / year.

Just checked their health insurance rates. Much better than what I've been quoted from other companies. Ranges from $231 to $434.

dead wrong. my aunt was paying 250 bucks a mon for AARP premiums
If you mean membership, that's $16 / year. If you mean insurance premiums, I do believe $250 / month falls within the range I posted above ;)

($250 a month insurance premium for a person age 50-64 is a damn good price, btw)
you realize that is only medicare supplemental coverage, right?
if you don't have medicare you don't get that

Cover everyone with Medicare, and the size and overall health of their client base goes up along with their revenue income from premiums. It's not rocket science, people...
there are currently 3.7 people paying into medicare for each person on it
just where are you going to get the extra people to pay in for all those you want to ADD in?

Yes, and when you add 40 million people who think that they have FREE healthcare, they will go to the doctor for a hangnail removal, overwhelming our health care providers because you are dramatically increasing the patient load with the same number of providers. It's just not possible.

BTW- The AMA only represents 17% of physicians, the overwhelming majority of Physicians do not want a federal 1 payer system because they know it will cause rationing and the reduction of the quality care in this county. In fact, the AMA is being pressured to rescind that support by the overwhelming majority of physicians who are in total opposition to Obama care.

BTW, I know several seniors who have cut up their AARP card and sent it back to them. Millions are doing just that. You can't tell any senior that they are going to cut medicare by 500 billion a year and tell them at the same time that they will retain the same quality of care they do today. It's not possible. Only dumbacrats beleive that crap.

They can not get out the right number of swine flu vacinations, people are waiting in lines for this. As my daughter states if they can't handle a simple flu vacination how in the hell are they gonna handle the entire health care system. Answer- they can't!!!!!:cuckoo:

Yes, our government is the problem.

Specifically the Republicans and the Blue Dogs in Congress who received $3.4 BILLION DOLLARS from healthcare company lobbyists in the last decade.

Uh-huh.....I rest my case.

Emma- made your point for you. FDA= the FEDERAL drug adminstration, boy are they ever competent.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes, and when you add 40 million people who think that they have FREE healthcare, they will go to the doctor for a hangnail removal, overwhelming our health care providers because you are dramatically increasing the patient load with the same number of providers. It's just not possible.

BTW- The AMA only represents 17% of physicians, the overwhelming majority of Physicians do not want a federal 1 payer system because they know it will cause rationing and the reduction of the quality care in this county. In fact, the AMA is being pressured to rescind that support by the overwhelming majority of physicians who are in total opposition to Obama care.

BTW, I know several seniors who have cut up their AARP card and sent it back to them. Millions are doing just that. You can't tell any senior that they are going to cut medicare by 500 billion a year and tell them at the same time that they will retain the same quality of care they do today. It's not possible. Only dumbacrats beleive that crap.

They can not get out the right number of swine flu vacinations, people are waiting in lines for this. As my daughter states if they can't handle a simple flu vacination how in the hell are they gonna handle the entire health care system. Answer- they can't!!!!!:cuckoo:

Horseshit.

They can, it just requires the political will which means overcoming the idiot Republicans in Congress.

All that "political will" couldn't come up with anywhere near the amount of flu vaccine that was claimed would be available today.

The ones peddling the horse shit here are you and your chorus line of medical care fascists.

Specifically the Republicans and the Blue Dogs in Congress who received $3.4 BILLION DOLLARS from healthcare company lobbyists in the last decade.

What about the democrats " Trail lawyer Lobbyists'" Chris. Do you want to talk about them and how they have driven the cost of mal-practice insurance through the roof, how they are in the back pocket of the democratic party, how mal-practice insurance has increased 1400% over the last few years. How 85% of physicians in states where there is no tort reform practice defensive medicine. How that cost is passed back onto us the consumer in higher fees for service and higher and ever higher premiums. How a bone surgeon pays in excess of $200,000 per year for mal-practice insurance and how a general practitioner pays $100,000 per year for mal-practice insurance. Then you add on the additional costs of defensive medicine and then tell me that this cost is not a major cause of the increases we see in EVERYTHING when it comes to health care.

Go ahead and try to convince me of that and I will convince you that the earth is flat and that you will fall right off it if go too far. :cuckoo:

All that "political will" couldn't come up with anywhere near the amount of flu vaccine that was claimed would be available today.

The ones peddling the horse shit here are you and your chorus line of medical care fascists.

No, your for profit healthcare couldn't come up with any vaccines, because there is no money in it.

Nice try though.

What about the democrats " Trail lawyer Lobbyists'" Chris. Do you want to talk about them and how they have driven the cost of mal-practice insurance through the roof, how they are in the back pocket of the democratic party, how mal-practice insurance has increased 1400% over the last few years. How 85% of physicians in states where there is no tort reform practice defensive medicine. How that cost is passed back onto us the consumer in higher fees for service and higher and ever higher premiums. How a bone surgeon pays in excess of $200,000 per year for mal-practice insurance and how a general practitioner pays $100,000 per year for mal-practice insurance. Then you add on the additional costs of defensive medicine and then tell me that this cost is not a major cause of the increases we see in EVERYTHING when it comes to health care.

Go ahead and try to convince me of that and I will convince you that the earth is flat and that you will fall right off it if go too far. :cuckoo:

Apparently you did not read my post, so I will repeat it....

Other countries control costs by making medical schools cheaper to attend, reducing the cost of drugs, eliminating useless procedures and tests, using electronic records, streamlining admins, limiting malpractice, paying doctors less, and covering everyone, so that the most expensive medical care there is, the emergency room, is used less often.

Every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare because they do these things.

So there it is in a nutshell, my friends. This is how the rest of the world does healthcare better and cheaper than we do.

Other countries control costs by making medical schools cheaper to attend, reducing the cost of drugs, eliminating useless procedures and tests, using electronic records, streamlining admins, limiting malpractice, paying doctors less, and covering everyone, so that the most expensive medical care there is, the emergency room, is used less often.

Every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare because they do these things.

So there it is in a nutshell, my friends. This is how the rest of the world does healthcare better and cheaper than we do.

You don't get it, the problem with this massive take over is that there is NO TORT REFORM, it does absolutely NOTHING to control this cost and without tort reform there is no control on costs. Health care costs will increase and they will increase dramatically. Tort reform is not in this bill, you will still be able to sue your doctor for anything and everything, but you can't sue the government for mismanagement of your health care.

Last edited:

You don't get it, the problem with this massive take over is that there is NO TORT REFORM, it does absolutely NOTHING to control this cost and without tort reform there is no control on costs. Health care costs will increase and they will increase dramatically. Tort reform is not in this bill, you will still be able to sue your doctor for anything and everything, but you can't sue the government for mismanagement of your health care.

You don't get it. I am agreeing with you.

Forum List

Back