AARP backs healthcare bill

Oh, please, not that again.

Just go back to watching your Glenn Beck reruns.

Damn, I knew there was something I keep forgetting to watch online ...

Hint: I haven't watched one of his shows yet. I am just posting logic, something you are incapable of using.

So ... show exactly how having the government run and pay for health insurance will decrease the cost ... directly, none of this false connection bullshit anymore, nut up or shut up.

Sorry, I already answered that question.

Three times.
only in your very delusional mind

Hint: I haven't watched one of his shows yet. I am just posting logic, something you are incapable of using.

So ... show exactly how having the government run and pay for health insurance will decrease the cost ... directly, none of this false connection bullshit anymore, nut up or shut up.

Three times.

No, you spun off on a new tangent about something completely unrelated to health insurance.

Three times.

no that's how many times old rocks made you swallow.

Three times.

No, you spun off on a new tangent about something completely unrelated to health insurance.

Seriously, have you been drinking?

Here it is for the fourth time....

Other countries control costs by making medical schools cheaper to attend, reducing the cost of drugs, eliminating useless procedures and tests, using electronic records, streamlining admins, limiting malpractice, paying doctors less, and covering everyone, so the most expensive medical care there is, the emergency room, is used less often.

Three times.

Other countries control costs by making medical schools cheaper to attend, reducing the cost of drugs, eliminating useless procedures and tests, using electronic records, streamlining admins, limiting malpractice, paying doctors less, and covering everyone, so the most expensive medical care there is, the emergency room, is used less often.

You have yet to say how they do all this ...

See, you are just spinning, nothing more. Making false connections and assumptions does not answer the question: How does having the government control and pay for health care keep the costs down?

Show your damned work for once, show some logic, not just catch phrases, or admit you don't know a damned thing about what's really going on and are just swallowing some political bullshit.

See, you are just spinning, nothing more. Making false connections and assumptions does not answer the question: How does having the government control and pay for health care keep the costs down?

Show your damned work for once, show some logic, not just catch phrases, or admit you don't know a damned thing about what's really going on and are just swallowing some political bullshit.

Now you are just being silly.

Now you are just being silly.
no, that would be you

why dont you answer her question Chris?......you answered mine...twice....or are you going to just keep letting me and JUST ABOUT everyone else keep thinking your a clueless idiot....

why dont you answer her question Chris?......you answered mine...twice....or are you going to just keep letting me and JUST ABOUT everyone else keep thinking your a clueless idiot....

He can't, he simply has never been able to counter anything I have posted, much less answer any of my questions, it would require he admitting to being wrong. ;)

Three times.

no you gave your standard answer to every fucking thing anyone asks you....
"
Every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare because they do these things."

you must be a great person in real life to have a conversation with......

hey chris wanna go to the game tonight?....

Every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare because they do these things."

hey Chris wanna go get some dinner?

do you get this line in while your selling the houses you sell in the ghetto?.....while having sex?....if you actually do.....broaden your horizons Chris.....every person here,including those just as left as you are....DONT ...i repeat.....DONT keep on repeating the same shit over and over.....only you and your hero Sean Hanitty seem to do this.....you dont do a good job of convincing people Chris....as a matter of fact ....YOU SUCK AT IT...

I find it interesting when people would use the AARP and AMA as somehow being the standard by which Seniors and Doctors are measured. As I posted earlier the AARP is a the number 1 lobby group in Washington D.C. and as a group that provides insurance services under Govt. programs , is that a surprise that they would support a bill that they as a group would get wealthy from? Ask yourself this, if the AARP had intended to represent it's membership i.e. Seniors, don't you find it interesting they would support a bill that cuts 500 Billion from Medicare? So while AARP may support the bill I would not use that as an endorsement by it's membership.

As for the AMA it is much the same as the AARP and has for years been losing membership,

The American Medical Association posted a $28.1 million operating profit in 2005, its sixth consecutive year in the black, but also suffered its sixth straight year of declining membership despite a national advertising campaign launched last spring to counter the trend.

Chicago-based AMA earned operating profit of about $40 million in 2004, and the decline in 2005 reflects the cost of the national advertising campaign, $22.1 million in 2005, roughly triple what the AMA spent on marketing and promotion in 2004.

AMA profitable in 2005 but membership continues to slide | Crain's Chicago Business

Seeing the increasing divergence between the perception that the AMA seeks to perpetuate among the general public and an increasingly angered physician population, Sermo polled the 100,000 US physicians in our community as to what they thought of the AMA. Within five days, over 4,100 US physicians voted on the poll and discussed it in over 700 comments. The results were nothing short of stunning – 89% of those physicians say, “the AMA does not speak for me” (See full survey results by clicking the image on the right).

So again when you toot the horn of those 2 organizations please use them in the perspective , and that is the Lobby part of AARP and AMA and not it's members may support the bill.

For the fifth time....

I find it interesting when people would use the AARP and AMA as somehow being the standard by which Seniors and Doctors are measured. As I posted earlier the AARP is a the number 1 lobby group in Washington D.C. and as a group that provides insurance services under Govt. programs , is that a surprise that they would support a bill that they as a group would get wealthy from? Ask yourself this, if the AARP had intended to represent it's membership i.e. Seniors, don't you find it interesting they would support a bill that cuts 500 Billion from Medicare? So while AARP may support the bill I would not use that as an endorsement by it's membership.

As for the AMA it is much the same as the AARP and has for years been losing membership,

The American Medical Association posted a $28.1 million operating profit in 2005, its sixth consecutive year in the black, but also suffered its sixth straight year of declining membership despite a national advertising campaign launched last spring to counter the trend.

Chicago-based AMA earned operating profit of about $40 million in 2004, and the decline in 2005 reflects the cost of the national advertising campaign, $22.1 million in 2005, roughly triple what the AMA spent on marketing and promotion in 2004.

AMA profitable in 2005 but membership continues to slide | Crain's Chicago Business

Seeing the increasing divergence between the perception that the AMA seeks to perpetuate among the general public and an increasingly angered physician population, Sermo polled the 100,000 US physicians in our community as to what they thought of the AMA. Within five days, over 4,100 US physicians voted on the poll and discussed it in over 700 comments. The results were nothing short of stunning – 89% of those physicians say, “the AMA does not speak for me” (See full survey results by clicking the image on the right).

So again when you toot the horn of those 2 organizations please use them in the perspective , and that is the Lobby part of AARP and AMA and not it's members may support the bill.

Doctors support universal health care: survey

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - More than half of U.S. doctors now favor switching to a national health care plan and fewer than a third oppose the idea, according to a survey published on Monday.
The survey suggests that opinions have changed substantially since the last survey in 2002 and as the country debates serious changes to the health care system.

Of more than 2,000 doctors surveyed, 59 percent said they support legislation to establish a national health insurance program, while 32 percent said they opposed it, researchers reported in the journal Annals of Internal Medicine.

Doctors support universal health care: survey | Health | Reuters

Two of every three practicing physicians oppose the medical overhaul plan under consideration in Washington, and hundreds of thousands would think about shutting down their practices or retiring early if it were adopted, a new IBD/TIPP Poll has found.

The poll contradicts the claims of not only the White House, but also doctors' own lobby — the powerful American Medical Association — both of which suggest the medical profession is behind the proposed overhaul.

Investors.com - 45% Of Doctors Would Consider Quitting If Congress Passes Health Care Overhaul

Whats your point Chirs? see what I mean when you use these polls to suggest that Doctors are somehow all in support of the current legislation it's a very weak position at best. while I will agree that like most everyone, myself included, are in favor of healthcare reform, it's a leap of faith to suggest that favoring reform is favoring this bill.

Two of every three practicing physicians oppose the medical overhaul plan under consideration in Washington, and hundreds of thousands would think about shutting down their practices or retiring early if it were adopted, a new IBD/TIPP Poll has found.

The poll contradicts the claims of not only the White House, but also doctors' own lobby — the powerful American Medical Association — both of which suggest the medical profession is behind the proposed overhaul.

Investors.com - 45% Of Doctors Would Consider Quitting If Congress Passes Health Care Overhaul

Whats your point Chirs? see what I mean when you use these polls to suggest that Doctors are somehow all in support of the current legislation it's a very weak position at best. while I will agree that like most everyone, myself included, are in favor of healthcare reform, it's a leap of faith to suggest that favoring reform is favoring this bill.

It's an even bigger leap of faith to believe a poll from the "Investor's Business Daily."

It's an even bigger leap of faith to believe a poll from the "Investor's Business Daily."
only because you are a fucking IDIOT

Chris, FYI

William J. O'Neil (born March 25, 1933) is an American entrepreneur, stockbroker and writer, who founded the business newspaper Investor's Business Daily and the stock brokerage firm William O'Neil + Co. Inc. He is the author of the books How to Make Money in Stocks and 24 Essential Lessons for Investment Success and is the creator of the CAN SLIM investment strategy.

O'Neil was born March 25, 1933 in Oklahoma City and raised in Texas. He studied business at Southern Methodist University, received a Bachelor's degree and served in the United States Air Force. [1]

In 1960, he was accepted to Harvard Business School's first Program for Management Development (PMD). [2]

In 1958 he started his career as a stockbroker at Hayden, Stone & Company, and developed an investment strategy which made early use of computers. He stated in a 2002 interview that one of the books which was an early influence on him was Gerald Loeb's The Battle for Investment Survival. According to O'Neil, this is the best book on the market.[3] Other investors which he took great interest in were Bernard Baruch, Jesse Livermore, Jack Dreyfus, and Nicolas Darvas. He also greatly admired Thomas Edison.

From his research, O'Neil invented the CAN SLIM strategy and became the top-performing broker in his firm.[citation needed] He bought a seat on the NYSE at age 30 (the youngest at that time ever to do so) [4], and in 1963 founded William O'Neil + Co. Inc., a company which developed the first computerized daily securities database in 1963/1964 [5], and currently tracks over 200 data items for over 10,000 companies

I made no conclusions on your source which by the way I have used many times, so let's try and stick to the topic, or is it you didn't like the results of this poll as it was the opposite of yours? I did that to show that polls, especially one's like these are subjective.

Chris, FYI

William J. O'Neil (born March 25, 1933) is an American entrepreneur, stockbroker and writer, who founded the business newspaper Investor's Business Daily and the stock brokerage firm William O'Neil + Co. Inc. He is the author of the books How to Make Money in Stocks and 24 Essential Lessons for Investment Success and is the creator of the CAN SLIM investment strategy.

O'Neil was born March 25, 1933 in Oklahoma City and raised in Texas. He studied business at Southern Methodist University, received a Bachelor's degree and served in the United States Air Force. [1]

In 1960, he was accepted to Harvard Business School's first Program for Management Development (PMD). [2]

In 1958 he started his career as a stockbroker at Hayden, Stone & Company, and developed an investment strategy which made early use of computers. He stated in a 2002 interview that one of the books which was an early influence on him was Gerald Loeb's The Battle for Investment Survival. According to O'Neil, this is the best book on the market.[3] Other investors which he took great interest in were Bernard Baruch, Jesse Livermore, Jack Dreyfus, and Nicolas Darvas. He also greatly admired Thomas Edison.

From his research, O'Neil invented the CAN SLIM strategy and became the top-performing broker in his firm.[citation needed] He bought a seat on the NYSE at age 30 (the youngest at that time ever to do so) [4], and in 1963 founded William O'Neil + Co. Inc., a company which developed the first computerized daily securities database in 1963/1964 [5], and currently tracks over 200 data items for over 10,000 companies

I made no conclusions on your source which by the way I have used many times, so let's try and stick to the topic, or is it you didn't like the results of this poll as it was the opposite of yours? I did that to show that polls, especially one's like these are subjective.

Thanks.

The monied interests are fighting tooth and nail to continue to rip off the sick.

In the end they will lose.

Forum List

Back