Aaron Rodgers has gone nuts

Normally I would agree with you but Rodgers doesnt seem to want to put in the work during the offseason it takes to make things work with a young WR corps. It's why the Packer struggled so much last year early.
I think you might be exaggerating a bit. Did you watch the Jets last season? Did you see them beat the Packers in GB with a wasted draft pick as their QB?

Think about this:
Defensive ROY - Sauce Gardner
Offensive ROY - Garrett Wilson

Both are Jets. Not only that but RB Breece Hall was going to ROY until he tore his ACL. And they have a great defense, who were hung out to dry by their offense last year.

Maybe the Raiders should have told Adams that Carr was on thin ice.
He probably wasn't. He did play a good playoff game in Cincinnati that season Adams was with GB. That was under a different coach, one they fired so they could hire the Belichick guy, when they should have kept what they had.

I think you might be exaggerating a bit. Did you watch the Jets last season? Did you see them beat the Packers in GB with a wasted draft pick as their QB?

Think about this:

Both are Jets. Not only that but RB Breece Hall was going to ROY until he tore his ACL. And they have a great defense, who were hung out to dry by their offense last year.
The Jets faltered down the stretch last season.

Think about this:

Rodgers said he doesn’t want to play with young receivers. He’s said he doesn’t want to go to OTAs and do the work in the offseason to build rapport with them. It's not something I made up or think Rodgers has said it.

Carr was not a Playoff Caliber signal caller this go round , ( Flag Football Pro Bowl aside )

Have you looked at what went on in Oakland/LV while Carr was there? Mind you he's only been in the league 9 years.

5 HC's. One was fired in the middle of the season and the ST coach took over.

They have had multiple draft picks arrested, including their 1st Rd pick in 2022

There are only 3 of their 1st Rd picks since he's been there are still on the team. They are either out of the league or on other teams.

I think the verdict is still out on him. He's not a generational talent, but he's a starter in this league and given the right situation, you can win with him.

Have you looked at what went on in Oakland/LV while Carr was there? Mind you he's only been in the league 9 years.

They have had multiple draft picks arrested, including their 1st Rd pick in 2022

There are only 3 of their 1st Rd picks since he's been there are still on the team. They are either out of the league or on other teams.

I think the verdict is still out on him. He's not a generational talent, but he's a starter in this league and given the right situation, you can win with him.
I had forgotten about much of that. The team has definitely had some leadership and personnel issues. Last year they had a great preseason and self destructed when the regular season began due to internal conflict. Carr is not a top talent, but given the right circumstances could likely be effective as a starting quarterback.

I had forgotten about much of that. The team has definitely had some leadership and personnel issues. Last year they had a great preseason and self destructed when the regular season began due to internal conflict. Carr is not a top talent, but given the right circumstances could likely be effective as a starting quarterback.
Yep, he's a 12-20 guy. He's Dak Prescott with a lesser publicist.

He probably wasn't. He did play a good playoff game in Cincinnati that season Adams was with GB. That was under a different coach, one they fired so they could hire the Belichick guy, when they should have kept what they had.

I’ve watched 85% of their Games for last 55 Years ( Lifelong Raiders Fan ) and have seen 95 % of Carr’s Games in his entire Pro career

It makes sense that Jimmy G. goes to the Raiders, as he played under McDaniels in New England. Atlanta needs a QB and Lamar Jackson would fit into that scheme in Atlanta, if he won't play under the franchise tag he might get traded there. Rodgers to the Jets or Rodgers stays in Green Bay.

I’ve watched 85% of their Games for last 55 Years ( Lifelong Raiders Fan ) and have seen 95 % of Carr’s Games in his entire Pro career
Then you know Carr has been a 11-15 guy essentially his whole career. He's not Patrick Mahomes but he's good enough to win you a SB given the right circumstances. What QB available on the FA market is better than Carr? You might get Aaron Rodgers, but you'll have to trade the farm to do it and I dont know if I'd trust him to bring me a championship. So you're stuck with the draft. What are the chances the QB they draft will be better than Carr over the next 2 years? 5-10%?

It makes sense that Jimmy G. goes to the Raiders, as he played under McDaniels in New England. Atlanta needs a QB and Lamar Jackson would fit into that scheme in Atlanta, if he won't play under the franchise tag he might get traded there. Rodgers to the Jets or Rodgers stays in Green Bay.
Do you really think Jimmy G is an upgrade over Carr?

Gotta take what you can get, and he did almost win a Super Bowl.
The point is why get rid of Carr, if you're just going to get the same level of play or worse from the replacement and likely pay more for it?

Carr was due enough $ to get a top 3 Rookie QB and a veteran All Pro Linebacker and Real Deal #3 Receiver
That contract that Carr signed with LV was never going to be honored. They knew that when they wrote it. They could have signed Carr for 25-30 million a year. Maybe a little less if they did a long term deal. Carr seemed pretty devoted to that franchise and would have probably taken a team friendly deal. LV has to roll the dice with a rookie at this point or the move to get rid of Carr makes no sense.

Forum List

Back