A whole lot of nothing

While House Republicans and President Trump were in the Rose Garden celebrating their health care win, Senate Republicans announced that they wouldn’t be voting on the House bill, but will instead write their own.

The Washington Examiner reported, “Senate Republicans said Thursday they won’t vote on the House-passed bill to repeal and replace Obamacare but will write their own legislation instead.A Senate proposal is now being developed by a 12-member working group. It will attempt to incorporate elements of the House bill, senators said, but will not take up the House bill as a starting point and change it through the amendment process.”

The assumption had long been that Senate Republicans would at least vote on the House bill. Instead, what is going to happen is that the Senate is going to try to pass their own bill with no timeline for passage, and then the House and Senate will need to reconcile their bills into one final bill, which may or may not be able to pass the House and Senate depending on how far to the middle the final bill moves.

Trump’s victory party in the Rose Garden was overblown and premature because Republicans haven’t really accomplished anything. House Republicans passed a bill that could have devastating political consequences for their futures that may never become law.

The House health care bill that Trump was celebrating is already dead.

In its place is who knows what, but the reality is that Trump was celebrating a whole lot of nothing.

ACHA, American Health Care Act, Senate Republicans kill House health care bill, Senate won’t vote on ACHA

Follow Jason Easley on Twitter

While Trump Was Celebrating Senate Republicans Killed The House Health Care Bill added by Jason Easley on Thu, May 4th, 2017
Well, they really needed a "win", even one as flawed as this one, so there ya go.

That was quite a party they had.

Personally, I was disappointed that they didn't have strippers.

The AHCA now forces the Senate to write its own bill, which will be to the left of the House pubs.

That is a victory for Americans, as we grow ever closer to single payer medicare-style national health care.

How would a single payer work? Are insurance companies going to rollover and disappear? I can't see the Democrats or Republicans stopping the insurance lobby, money runs both the partys. Killing the insurance medical would put millions out of work.

somebody has to do the paperwork & filing... they just won't be denying a basic human right to anybody like they have been because the profit motive is gone. they can do the same jobs they have been doing but the big bad gubment will be their boss.

Single payer means the government is the payer, no need for insurance companies anymore. I can't see the rich cutting out a means for them to make money.
You are not dense, so don't pretend to be so.

Competitive bidding for providing services will bring down the cost dramatically and still give private business a healthy profit.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't single payer in every country run by the government and doesn't use insurance? Why would we add a layer to the costs? Isn't that what we are trying to eliminate?

What you are describing is universal healthcare similar to what we currently have. Single payer is only one source for healthcare and that would be the government, like medicare, there isn't another provider, there are supplemental policies however Medicare is a single payer.

Maybe I am completely off but that is my take.

Why can't we not do it, pray tell.

All single payer is that the government collects and distributes the money to the providers.

So have the providers bid. That would be the American way.

All single payer is that the government collects and distributes the money to the providers.

So we add a layer of cost, that is fine, I can live with it but the way some of these companies have bailed on the current program, I don't see where any profit would be.

While House Republicans and President Trump were in the Rose Garden celebrating their health care win, Senate Republicans announced that they wouldn’t be voting on the House bill, but will instead write their own.

The Washington Examiner reported, “Senate Republicans said Thursday they won’t vote on the House-passed bill to repeal and replace Obamacare but will write their own legislation instead.A Senate proposal is now being developed by a 12-member working group. It will attempt to incorporate elements of the House bill, senators said, but will not take up the House bill as a starting point and change it through the amendment process.”

The assumption had long been that Senate Republicans would at least vote on the House bill. Instead, what is going to happen is that the Senate is going to try to pass their own bill with no timeline for passage, and then the House and Senate will need to reconcile their bills into one final bill, which may or may not be able to pass the House and Senate depending on how far to the middle the final bill moves.

Trump’s victory party in the Rose Garden was overblown and premature because Republicans haven’t really accomplished anything. House Republicans passed a bill that could have devastating political consequences for their futures that may never become law.

The House health care bill that Trump was celebrating is already dead.

In its place is who knows what, but the reality is that Trump was celebrating a whole lot of nothing.

ACHA, American Health Care Act, Senate Republicans kill House health care bill, Senate won’t vote on ACHA

Follow Jason Easley on Twitter

While Trump Was Celebrating Senate Republicans Killed The House Health Care Bill added by Jason Easley on Thu, May 4th, 2017
Well, they really needed a "win", even one as flawed as this one, so there ya go.

That was quite a party they had.

Personally, I was disappointed that they didn't have strippers.

they were $5,000.00 a night hookers after hours ...

So we add a layer of cost, that is fine, I can live with it but the way some of these companies have bailed on the current program, I don't see where any profit would be.
The cost would be much less governmentally than administering the system, a la UK. And the companies would have to engage in good old time capitalism to figure the cost angles while providing a competitive product.

The cost would be much less governmentally than administering the system, a la UK. And the companies would have to engage in good old time capitalism to figure the cost angles while providing a competitive product.

So it isn't really single payer. I think that an easier method would be you go to the hospital, the hospital bills the government and the government pays, less money, lower overheads, no out of pocket, no insurance premiums, no deductions. I don't think that will happen, it would be to logical for the government and would cut insurance providers completely out.

GOP voted to keep Ocare's "community rating," so premiums will keep rising, insurers will keep fleeing. But now GOP will get the blame.

So it isn't really single payer. I think that an easier method would be you go to the hospital, the hospital bills the government and the government pays, less money, lower overheads, no out of pocket, no insurance premiums, no deductions. I don't think that will happen, it would be to logical for the government and would cut insurance providers completely out.
There would need to oversight of the billing to ensure cost control analysis, but, sure, if that works better, yes.

There would need to oversight of the billing to ensure cost control analysis, but, sure, if that works better, yes.

See how much better you can communicate by not being a fucking asshole. Thanks for the info.

You don't celebrate victory after a field goal in the 1st Quarter. You don't celebrate victory after a field goal in the 1st Quarter.

See how much better you can communicate by not being a fucking asshole. Thanks for the info.
See, you acted the asshole. I knew you could not let a reasonable discusstion stand. You can't let go of being corrected over the years.

Papa, when you are wrong, I will call you out. That's our life together. It will always happen.

You were making sense for once, so I rode it until you had to act all Correll like. << :lol:

In this thread, you made a lot of sense. Good on you.

So...

Republicans pass a spending bill. Democrats rejoice.

Republicans pass a health care bill. Democrats celebrate.

Is this winning?

See, you acted the asshole. I knew you could not let a reasonable discusstion stand. You can't let go of being corrected over the years.

Papa, when you are wrong, I will call you out. That's our life together. It will always happen.

You were making sense for once, so I rode it until you had to act all Correll like. << :lol:

No you are purposely an asshole and you prove it over and over, thanks for continuing to prove that this conversation is an aberration. BTW, we have no life together.

No you are purposely an asshole and you prove it over and over, thanks for continuing to prove that this conversation is an aberration. BTW, we have no life together.
Pap you probably have no life together with anyone JMHO

You provoked it because you cannot be thought of as less than competent. So I corrected you, yet again. That is our connection here.

Be polite. That is all you have to do to get it return. Correll just could not do it, and apparently you are just as broken.

Forum List

Back