A Tutorial For Trump Supporters On Climate Change

This is like explaining physics to a chimp. One more time for the slow kid: the WAMSR is fueled by and CONSUMES the nuclear waste THAT ALREADY EXISTS.
What water is used to cool these new reactors?

Some use a closed cooling system, some are do not use conventional coolant. All MSRs are passively safe.

Where does it come from? And where does it go when it is discharged?

It isn't discharged...it is pumped through a heat exchanger, cooled, and used again.

Who cleans it up? Does any radiation seep into the environment?

No.

Is there really ZERO waste?

One more time for the slow kid: the WAMSR is fueled by waste.

Where is the waste-fuel transported from?

Where is is currently stored...power plants, mostly.

Do the vehicles transporting it retain radiation?

No, it is in sealed containers.

I ask because one of the duty meetings a friend of mine had to attend after Fukushima (he works in the military) was how to handle machines that were coming back from Japan: how to monitor their levels of radiation so the mechanics didn't come down with cancer.

Bullshit.

Radiation isn't necessary just to boil water; at least not the deadly kind. Though I understand you're trying to package your idea in a "we're solving the waste of the old nuclear reactor nightmares". Still though, radiation is involved. We need to pack that stuff away in the desert, hope nothing bad happens and NEVER EVER fool with radiation again. Only solar radiation which also boils water with the nice caveat that we have evolved to handle it.

Do you have all your bullshit in Word documents? I figure it is a time-saver--you can just copy and paste your bullshit.

People are arrogant. They always assume their new ideas are always good ideas because "progress is always good!" We've seen so many examples of how wrong this thinking is from mistakes industrious men have made in the past. The lakes forever poisoned with mining wastes. Rivers that catch on fire. Pumping benzenes now near our last fresh water aquifers just to squeeze out what little petroleum we have here in the US from shale deep underground...often right near geothermal reserves. (Oh the irony, the same Japan must feel knowing they could've always boiled water with geothermal instead of nuclear).

We're fools by and large. And progress is not always good. Some is, but some isn't and should never be. Solar thermal is an example of how to boil water that is good, does almost zero harm to anyone or any environment. Sometimes simple, clean ideas that are old fashioned (like boiling water to run a steam turbine to produce electricity), can be done with almost no harm to the environment or biological life forms. Isn't that amazing? Old ideas still work. And, your brand new fangled new nuclear reactors, still handling the most deadly substances known on earth, still only just boil water to run a steam turbine. How silly when you back up and think about it.

What do you suggest be done with spent fuel rods? Be specific.

Some use a closed cooling system, some are do not use conventional coolant. All MSRs are passively safe.

Where does it come from? And where does it go when it is discharged?

It isn't discharged...it is pumped through a heat exchanger, cooled, and used again.

Yes yes...we were told the original reactors were safe too. Pity we bought that package of pure bullshit. What types of subsidies will this new spin on the same deadly radiation boiling water be asking Trump to loosen the Treasury up for? How much will taxpayers have to pay to build these vastly expensive "safe" (that = $$$$) structures just to boil water; which is the same thing coal or coal/solar thermal hybrid plants do at about 1/10th the cost to build a nuclear reactor & it's accompanying litany of safety safeguards?

And can we be assured that not one atom of deadly plutonium or other isotope will escape into the environment to kill children with cancer? You know, just to boil water which is all your new-spin on the old deadly industry does..

Do you deny that nuclear reactors simply boil water to run steam turbines? Or will you try to snooker the public into believing they're some "great new mysterious power-producers"?

WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK! God and goddess, stop wallowing in willful ignorance. One more time: a WAMSR runs at atmospheric pressure. It cannot overpressurize...ecause there is no pressure. It cannot melt down, because it is passively safe: overheating causes a safety plug to melt, the reactant drains into concrete basins, shaped to stop the reaction. (Some work a bit differently, in that they use a molten salt coolant...it is a catalyst, and without it, the reaction simply stops.)

People like YOU are the reason nuclear power is still being generated with primitive reactors, most designed-and many built-when Lyndon Johnson was in the White House! Modern reactors are much better, and safer...but idiots like you will not allow them to be built!

What do you suggest be done with spent fuel rods? Be specific

Using still, deadly radiation and cooling waters that always find their way into the environment...and...JUST TO BOIL WATER. I know we can boil water other ways. So I'm not addicted to having to run steam turbines with water boiled with deadly things. Much better to just boil water with focused sunlight & a carbon backup cogeneration. Might want to watch the youtubes on page one (post #4) to get a quick refresher. Plus, all those safety measures and the facility itself you're talking about are SO expensive. It just isn't feasible financially to boil water that way when there are so many other ways so vastly more cheap and less dangerous to the world.

One more time, Silly:What do you suggest be done with spent fuel rods? Be specific. Stop tap-dancing and answer the question!
Didn't run away. Have another project I'm working on so won't be as devoted here as often now that the Trump nightmare will begin in three days.

Anyway, the spent fuel rods have nothing to do with this topic. They are a strawman meant to divert the reader from the FACT that nuclear reactors simply boil water to run a steam turbine. And that we have much safer ways to boil water. Safer AND ...important to the Trump administration....CHEAPER by leaps and bounds.

Fuel rods just to boil water should never have been mined, refined and manufactured EVER. The fact that they exist is highly unfortunate for 200,000 years or more. What we are to do with them should be left up to the various governments who foolishly encouraged their existence on the planet. I guess now we could just dump them in the Pacific Ocean since Fukushima has already poisoned the food chain there.

Let's boil water another way, shall we?...
We’re Eating Fukushima Radiation; Bloody Cancerous Tumors in Fish & Seafood - David Avocado Wolfe
As of June 2015, the radiation in the Pacific Ocean reached the US West Coast; the seafood you’ve been eating from the Pacific ocean is loaded with Cesium-137 and Strontium-90. Both radioactive. Strontium-90 mimics calcium. Both radioactive strontium and cesium may end up getting deposited in human bones, where the radiation wreaks havoc on bone marrow, causing bone cancers and blood cancers like Leukemia.....The radiation in the fish is so terrible that wild-caught Alaskan Salmon, Pacific Herring, and Canadian whitefish are being found bloody, with cancerous tumors throughout their bodies.

Last edited:
Wow, you would be a shoo-in on Dancing with the Stars...especially if tbey include any tap-dancing! One more time, Silly: there are thousands of tons of spent fuel rods. They exist, this is a FACT.

One more time, Silly: What do you suggest be done with spent fuel rods? Be specific.

No one said coal fired power plants are free. However, you are clucking that sunshine is free while totally ignoring the cost of gathering it. And, no, solar power plants are not far cheaper than coal fired power plants. Solar plants of the same capacity as coal fired power plants cover hundreds of acres.

What are the costs of gathering coal, oil or uranium vs sunshine? All things being equal, let's discuss the fuel "burned" day to day. The stuff you have to pay for in many ways often one hour at a time, or the kind that shines down from the sky without a cash register.

Solar thermal fields do take up space. Then again, so do coal mines, uranium mines and fracking operations necessary for coal, nuclear or oil based power plants.

Again, all things being equal, I'll invest in the company who gets fuel for free most days of the year vs the other that never can stop paying for it. We are all paying for it if NASA's findings are correct about human carbon use and the thinning thermosphere in our atmosphere. Most importantly, Mr. Trump understands that if all things are equal as to setup costs, the price of fuel after all are up and running is an issue. He likes to keep his overhead down and understands when you do, you increase your profits.

And, it's not like the Southwest & West have millions of acres of complete wastelands sitting under the sun day after day after day.. Oh, wait, that's right. They do.

How are you going to bring it to the Midwest and north east?

Obama couldn't even fix our infrastructure after spend 9 trillion dollars on who knows what..

Wow, you would be a shoo-in on Dancing with the Stars...especially if tbey include any tap-dancing! One more time, Silly: there are thousands of tons of spent fuel rods. They exist, this is a FACT.

One more time, Silly: What do you suggest be done with spent fuel rods? Be specific.
Dunno, why don't you start a separate thread on them since they are a separate topic? We have a lot of dead car tires piled around in mounds. Maybe you're proposing we should burn them to boil water to run a steam turbine? Unless you are, your "what to do with deadly spent fuel rod" strawman belongs on another topic called "highly toxic waste and what to do with it". Reintroducing it into the environment at a not-profitable or competitive steam-boiling operation & its cooling waters is a non-starter on a thread for Trump geared to sell him on the best possible least-cost energy for America.

Obama couldn't even fix our infrastructure after spend 9 trillion dollars on who knows what..

You mean where the sun also shines a lot? The same way as elsewhere: cogenerated with a carbon or geothermal source. The sun boils water even in Canada on the shortest day in Winter so...anywhere the sun shines. Each day it does, you don't burn other fuel. And, therefore, the fuel is free for that number of days each year and zero carbon is released to produce those days' energy.

If Donald Trump had an electric company and he had the choice between...all things being the same on construction costs...paying for fuel every day or only on the days the sun didn't shine, I think I know which company Trump would pick if the government allowed him to charge customers the same on days with free fuel as he did when he had to buy it. We all know which way to boil water Trump would pick. He surely wouldn't boil it with spent nuclear fuel rods by having to invest 100 times more in construction/safety costs in the facility...profits he'd never see...when he could boil it MUCH cheaper in less-destructive ways. Even Trump likes non-radioactive streams and water ways....& profits...

Last edited:

Dunno, why don't you start a separate thread on them since they are a separate topic? We have a lot of dead car tires piled around in mounds. Maybe you're proposing we should burn them to boil water to run a steam turbine? Unless you are, your "what to do with deadly spent fuel rod" strawman belongs on another topic called "highly toxic waste and what to do with it". Reintroducing it into the environment at a not-profitable or competitive steam-boiling operation & its cooling waters is a non-starter on a thread for Trump geared to sell him on the best possible least-cost energy for America.

Thanks for that fat, hanging curveball that I just launched into the Monster Seats: there ARE plants that burn old tires to generate electricity!

Look, I understand: you have no answers and are simply flailing.

You mean where the sun also shines a lot? The same way as elsewhere: cogenerated with a carbon or geothermal source. The sun boils water even in Canada on the shortest day in Winter so...anywhere the sun shines. Each day it does, you don't burn other fuel. And, therefore, the fuel is free for that number of days each year and zero carbon is released to produce those days' energy.

If Donald Trump had an electric company and he had the choice between...all things being the same on construction costs...paying for fuel every day or only on the days the sun didn't shine, I think I know which company Trump would pick if the government allowed him to charge customers the same on days with free fuel as he did when he had to buy it. We all know which way to boil water Trump would pick. He surely wouldn't boil it with spent nuclear fuel rods by having to invest 100 times more in construction/safety costs in the facility...profits he'd never see...when he could boil it MUCH cheaper in less-destructive ways. Even Trump likes non-radioactive streams and water ways....& profits...
Yet again, at least the tenth time: does not and cannot work. You need to keep a steam plant running ALL THE TIME (burning fuel), EVEN FOR THE FEW HOURS A YEAR YOUR PIXIE DUST SOLAR PLANT IS ACTUALLY MAKING ITS RATED POWER!

Thanks for that fat, hanging curveball that I just launched into the Monster Seats: there ARE plants that burn old tires to generate electricity!

I could burn tires in my backyard too to boil water to run a small steam turbine to power my house. The question is, should I? Likewise, burning spent radioactive/deadly fuel rods (and needing cooling waters and a vastly expensive facility) for that process also will boil water. The question is, should we.

Let's ask Mr. Trump:

"Mr. Trump, do you think we should spend more money and dangerously boil water? Or do you think we should spend less money and safely boil water?"

Trump: "I think increasing overhead cuts into profits. I think that would be a YUGE mistake."

I could burn tires in my backyard too to boil water to run a small steam turbine to power my house. The question is, should I? Likewise, burning spent radioactive/deadly fuel rods (and needing cooling waters and a vastly expensive facility) for that process also will boil water. The question is, should we.

Let's ask Mr. Trump:

"Mr. Trump, do you think we should spend more money and dangerously boil water? Or do you think we should spend less money and safely boil water?"

Trump: "I think increasing overhead cuts into profits. I think that would be a YUGE mistake."
No you can't....democrat regulations would put you in jail for utilizing that useful resource.....

Talking about Global Warming makes me sleepy. It is one of Lefty's Favorite bed time stories, along with Goldilocks, Three Little Pigs, and Little Red Riding Hood.

Lefty doesn't believe in God, so he clings to his fairy tales, and liberal science, like the Nazis clung to their politically driven and tainted Nazi Science.

All perfectly fine to believe in such nonsense when it dovetails with a dark agenda, and you are a liberal.

Last edited:

Let's ask Mr. Trump:

No you can't....democrat regulations would put you in jail for utilizing that useful resource.....

If you can boil water using clean sources, why would you choose deadly radiation or burning tires instead? The facilities for either of those will cost 100 times what a green solar thermal/coal cogenerated facility would. Trump knows about profits. And, if you're using solar thermal every day the sun shines to boil water, you're not only getting a cheaper facility, you're getting FREE FUEL every day the sun shines and charging the same price as if you weren't. I think Mr. Trump can crunch the numbers on that...

WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK! This is like dealing with a mental patient!

Yet again, at least the tenth time: does not and cannot work. You need to keep a steam plant running ALL THE TIME (burning fuel), EVEN FOR THE FEW HOURS A YEAR YOUR PIXIE DUST SOLAR PLANT IS ACTUALLY MAKING ITS RATED POWER!

WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK! This is like dealing with a mental patient!

Do you understand that a cogeneration plant has backup systems? Every power plant has a backup system. So your "point" is meaningless. Solar thermal fuel is free every day the sun shines while the company charges the same amount as if it were buying fuel for its secondary backup. Trump loves that type of profit. In vast areas of the US, the sun shines over 300 days a year. You're aware that there are only 365 days in a year, correct? Can do basic math, yes?

Forum List

Back