A trillion dollar infrastructure plan...

Supposedly that's on Trump's agenda. Good idea, depending on the details.

Do you Trump supporters support that? Do you support paying for it?

From what I've heard not all the money will come form the taxpayers. But I would only support targeted high priority projects. Also with the streamlined permits process they may not need to spend that much. We'll just have to see how it shakes out.

That was My thought. If he manages to remove say.....25% of the obstructionist regulations that do nothing but hold up projects, it could cut the bill in half.

“We offered to work together. We offered our own infrastructure plan to the [White House] to spark discussion. Months passed. We heard nothing back,” Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) tweeted Friday. “Now the few details we have of [Trump’s] plan show it’s private-sector driven, has minimal investment & ignores huge sectors of infrastructure.”--https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/multiple-transit-projects-across-us-at-risk-as-white-house-infrastructure-plan-falters/2017/06/09/0becb67c-4c8b-11e7-a186-60c031eab644_story.html?utm_term=.29690099546b
Obama tried for eight years to get investment in infrastructure
Republicans mocked it as pork

Trump is trying to spend a trillion dollars selling off our infrastructure to private investors

Yep, Obama had a real plan to fix things, while Trump just wants to allow the private sector to keep fucking us over. Not much will be done.
Trumps emphasis on private sector investment ensures that only the most profitable projects will get built

The ones that get passed over will be those that are urgently needed but you can't make a buck on......mostly in RED states

This is why our roads and infrastructure should never be controlled by the profit margins of the private sector. Somethings should be public and for the good of all.
It's 'some things', Matthew. Just saying.
End the Drug War, right wingers.

From what I've heard not all the money will come form the taxpayers. But I would only support targeted high priority projects. Also with the streamlined permits process they may not need to spend that much. We'll just have to see how it shakes out.

The public sector can do it at cost, not, for-profit.

“We offered to work together. We offered our own infrastructure plan to the [White House] to spark discussion. Months passed. We heard nothing back,” Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) tweeted Friday. “Now the few details we have of [Trump’s] plan show it’s private-sector driven, has minimal investment & ignores huge sectors of infrastructure.”--https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/multiple-transit-projects-across-us-at-risk-as-white-house-infrastructure-plan-falters/2017/06/09/0becb67c-4c8b-11e7-a186-60c031eab644_story.html?utm_term=.29690099546b

Trump is trying to spend a trillion dollars selling off our infrastructure to private investors

Yep, Obama had a real plan to fix things, while Trump just wants to allow the private sector to keep fucking us over. Not much will be done.
Trumps emphasis on private sector investment ensures that only the most profitable projects will get built

The ones that get passed over will be those that are urgently needed but you can't make a buck on......mostly in RED states

This is why our roads and infrastructure should never be controlled by the profit margins of the private sector. Somethings should be public and for the good of all.

This is how it generally works. The states identify infrastructure projects, bridges, roads, airports, etc. that need to be replaced. There is a big bid process with a group of constructors. They have a built in rate of return, if the contracts are signed the constructors arrange financing, build the projects, and the state reimburses them over time like a mortgage. Its a good way to get expensive stuff built for little up front money. The problem is ensuring quality, and that maintenance is guaranteed.
A public sector is a requirement for our Republic; 24x7.

Spend some time in an ER before you suggest drug abuse isn't a problem.

Better yet, let's lock you up.

The public sector can do it at cost, not, for-profit.

Yeah at two to three times the costs.

I always support infrastructure investment from either party

I am not crazy about Trumps idea to sell off our roads to private investors

So you saying that 800 billon was useless on shovel ready jobs?

Hey we got some nice signs out of the tool though..

Of course not

400 billion was used on tax rebates
200 billion on salaries for teachers, firefighters and cops
200 billion on projects designated as shovel ready

One of the biggest problems was that so much of the stimulus was invisible. More than half of the package was in tax cuts and safety net programs.

Guess why it didn't work as well as intended?

Of course not

You are lying , you know how much of that money went back in to the government because it was not spent on shovel ready jobs?

There was a time limit on spending..

That and a failed solar company. His buddies got their pockets full of goodies though. Thats all that counts.
It took California about three weeks to figure it out. The South is still looking for their lost clues and lost Cause.

California is the U.S. leader in clean energy and sits high atop world market too, report says

One of the biggest problems was that so much of the stimulus was invisible. More than half of the package was in tax cuts and safety net programs.

Your right about that it went into government jobs that didn't need it.

That and a failed solar company. His buddies got their pockets full of goodies though. Thats all that counts.
It took California about three weeks to figure it out. The South is still looking for their lost clues and lost Cause.

California is the U.S. leader in clean energy and sits high atop world market too, report says

Taxes....go ahead and let California pay for their own mess..

Your right about that it went into government jobs that didn't need it.

More than half of the package was in tax cuts and safety net programs.

Say's law covers social spending, not tax cuts; because, it is too "anarchic".

Taxes....go ahead and let California pay for their own mess..

California could make $1 billion in legal marijuana taxes

Of course not

You are lying , you know how much of that money went back in to the government because it was not spent on shovel ready jobs?

There was a time limit on spending..
Try to keep up
Close to 50% of stimulus was used for tax rebates
The rest was given to the states to distribute
It went for shovel ready projects designated by the states, salaries of public workers and paying debt

California wouldn't exist without crude or natural gas. Wind and sun are supplemental at best.

He got bailout money..............gave it to his buddies on BS..................said shovel ready and shoveled it to corrupt ass political donors and their buddies.........

Bailed out states.........................It was Crap...........he and the rest of the Swamp can't be trusted with anything anymore.

We know what needs to be fixed...............It's been reported for decades now on Water and Sewage Problems......Bridges......Dams.........Levies that are in desperate need of repair and replacement.............Some of which if they fail would put entire cities under water............In California should a earthquake hit the levies there the people of California wouldn't have any dang water left..............

But no..........they handed the damned money out like candy to their PET PROJECTS and Buddies..............

Let me repeat............WE CAN NOT TRUST THE GOVT. ANYMORE.

He got bailout money..............gave it to his buddies on BS..................said shovel ready and shoveled it to corrupt ass political donors and their buddies.........

Bailed out states.........................It was Crap...........he and the rest of the Swamp can't be trusted with anything anymore.
In the end, stimulus worked

Reversed an economic collapse and prevented a depression

Forum List

Back