A trillion dollar infrastructure plan...

Supposedly that's on Trump's agenda. Good idea, depending on the details.

Do you Trump supporters support that? Do you support paying for it?

I always support infrastructure investment from either party

I am not crazy about Trumps idea to sell off our roads to private investors
“We offered to work together. We offered our own infrastructure plan to the [White House] to spark discussion. Months passed. We heard nothing back,” Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) tweeted Friday. “Now the few details we have of [Trump’s] plan show it’s private-sector driven, has minimal investment & ignores huge sectors of infrastructure.”--https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/multiple-transit-projects-across-us-at-risk-as-white-house-infrastructure-plan-falters/2017/06/09/0becb67c-4c8b-11e7-a186-60c031eab644_story.html?utm_term=.29690099546b

infrastructure spending is always a good plan ... whether Shitforhair does it the right way remains to be seen.
So far, Trump’s advisers have publicly identified projects to cut at a faster pace than they’ve identified projects to fund, leading to widespread confusion about the administration’s intent.--https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/multiple-transit-projects-across-us-at-risk-as-white-house-infrastructure-plan-falters/2017/06/09/0becb67c-4c8b-11e7-a186-60c031eab644_story.html?utm_term=.29690099546b

“We offered to work together. We offered our own infrastructure plan to the [White House] to spark discussion. Months passed. We heard nothing back,” Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) tweeted Friday. “Now the few details we have of [Trump’s] plan show it’s private-sector driven, has minimal investment & ignores huge sectors of infrastructure.”--https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/multiple-transit-projects-across-us-at-risk-as-white-house-infrastructure-plan-falters/2017/06/09/0becb67c-4c8b-11e7-a186-60c031eab644_story.html?utm_term=.29690099546b
Obama tried for eight years to get investment in infrastructure
Republicans mocked it as pork

Trump is trying to spend a trillion dollars selling off our infrastructure to private investors

Trump is trying to spend a trillion dollars selling off our infrastructure to private investors

Yep, Obama had a real plan to fix things, while Trump just wants to allow the private sector to keep fucking us over. Not much will be done.

Yep, Obama had a real plan to fix things, while Trump just wants to allow the private sector to keep fucking us over. Not much will be done.
Trumps emphasis on private sector investment ensures that only the most profitable projects will get built

The ones that get passed over will be those that are urgently needed but you can't make a buck on......mostly in RED states

I'm glad my tax $ will finally start going into projects that will benefit Americans.

Trumps emphasis on private sector investment ensures that only the most profitable projects will get built

The ones that get passed over will be those that are urgently needed but you can't make a buck on......mostly in RED states

This is why our roads and infrastructure should never be controlled by the profit margins of the private sector. Somethings should be public and for the good of all.

This is why our roads and infrastructure should never be controlled by the profit margins of the private sector. Somethings should be public and for the good of all.
It's 'some things', Matthew. Just saying.

From what I've heard not all the money will come form the taxpayers. But I would only support targeted high priority projects. Also with the streamlined permits process they may not need to spend that much. We'll just have to see how it shakes out.

This is how it generally works. The states identify infrastructure projects, bridges, roads, airports, etc. that need to be replaced. There is a big bid process with a group of constructors. They have a built in rate of return, if the contracts are signed the constructors arrange financing, build the projects, and the state reimburses them over time like a mortgage. Its a good way to get expensive stuff built for little up front money. The problem is ensuring quality, and that maintenance is guaranteed.

So you saying that 800 billon was useless on shovel ready jobs?

Hey we got some nice signs out of the tool though..

So you saying that 800 billon was useless on shovel ready jobs?

Hey we got some nice signs out of the tool though..

That and a failed solar company. His buddies got their pockets full of goodies though. Thats all that counts.

Then why is our water lines 100 years old?

The government sucks..

U.S. could face a $300B lead pipe overhaul, agency warns

The EPA's latest survey estimated the entire sector needs $385 billion in water infrastructure improvements through 2030, and this estimate includes the costs to only partially replace lead pipes, according to the rating agency.

Barry Hussein wasn't much else but a crooked and slick politician. He received the authorization to spend close to a trillion dollars in infrastructure repair and nothing was ever done. The money was diverted to fake global warming schemes and laundered into democrat party campaigns. If Trump gets the money and the cuts in red tape you will see more construction than y'all lefties can stand.

Forum List

Back