A Town Hall Meeting Report

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
I got this e-mail from someone who attended one of Specter's town hall meetings.

Kittanning TH Overview you be the Judge

Several of us attended Specters Town Hall in Kittanning on August 13th. The Town Hall was scheduled to start at 3:00pm. We arrived at 11:45 am and there were about 100 people standing in line. By 2:45pm, there were over 1,000 people in line. Things were pretty normal until at 12:15 when two school buses pulled up loaded with SEIU members (which, one of them said they were getting $16.00 per hour to be there), mostly in their blue tee-shirts. I also need to mention that up until this time the line was orderly and following the instructions of law enforcement. As these individuals came off the bus the taunting started, pre-printed signs, chanting and attempting to cut in line. I have to say for the most part, no one fell for their tactics, although some did make remarks in rebuttal once their buttons were pushed too hard, but nothing profound. Then what seemed to be a bus load of ACORN people, showed up in tie-dyed shirts. The News media was there from many local stations, along with FOX NEWS and some I was not familiar with. KDKA conducted some one on one’s within the crowd, but severely edited the video only to a covenant part of mine, that’s ok the message was still there. I did learn a lesson, don’t give them anything that can be twisted or just avoid them altogether. Around 2:30, a group of 20-30 individuals were ushered into the complex hall. It wasn’t until later that I found out that these were the 30 invited pre-selected question holders. So there was nothing random in the questioning inside the meeting room. The meeting room only seated 200. I feel this is a control tactic (limit the number, limit the opposition). It seemed that out the 30 question only six were from a conservative stand point. After some questions were asked a young Christian man stood and started by thanking Specter for inviting him to attend a week earlier. I think this invite backed fired on Specter, because the fine young man nailed taxpayer dollars going to fund abortions. Specter was on the ropes, offering plans with abortion option and plans without. Even with most of the questions being staged, our message is getting out. More and more of the lies are beginning to surface. In my mind, we need 3 things to change our Healthcare: 1. No government ownership, 2. Tort reform, and less intervention of the FDA delaying new medicines and medical procedures. This is what I mean by Healthcare Reform is needed not HR 3200, I will not support any portion of this bill as it is.

Did I miss Nan's bitching about these organized protesters? I didn't think so.

Forum List

Back