A THIRD of Americans making over $150k are living paycheck to paycheck...

You act like 150,000 is a lot of money, it's not, it's still middle class.
They aren't rich, especially after taxes, Medicare, etc..
sheesh
It’s upper middle class

Only in the most extremely high cost of living areas like Manhattan or Hawaii would any family have trouble living on 150k a year

Anywhere else and your bad with money, living way beyond your means or have some serious gambling addiction

It’s upper middle class

Only in the most extremely high cost of living areas like Manhattan or Hawaii would any family have trouble living on 150k a year

Anywhere else and your bad with money, living way beyond your means or have some serious gambling addiction
There are places outside of Manhattan and Hawaii that are expensive. true story

And, you really don't have a grasp on everybody's living situation. I'm not so that some don't
live above their means, but there are a lot that have situations where they are pressed.
By the way, go live in the Silicon Valley for awhile.

Remember...we're talking about 1/3 of those making 150,000. Not all of them.

By the way, go live in the Silicon Valley for awhile.
another tiny portion of the country where only those who can afford it live there

Proves my point. In 99% of the USA, 150k is more than enough to live comfortably. Unless you’re spectacularly bad with your money.

You can rent or afford a mortgage payment nearly anywhere in the U.S. and still have plenty on $150k a year. How stupid are you? Or do you just argue stupid points just to argue?

If your NYC rent is $3,000 a month, that's $36,000 a year.

If your mortgage is more than $3,000 a month you are living above your means. But that $36,000 a year also leaves you with $114,000 a year. How are you not able to live on that?

And of course two of the board imbeciles think you made a genius post. :rolleyes:
View attachment 831505

I’m going to go with the poster who didn’t deduct federal, state and local taxes as the imbecile of the year.

another tiny portion of the country where only those who can afford it live there

Proves my point. In 99% of the USA, 150k is more than enough to live comfortably. Unless you’re spectacularly bad with your money.
Proves your point? Hardly :laughing0301:
In most areas, 150,000 does cover the bases.
But there are those areas where the cost of living is high. Seattle is another area.
I'm sure if I researched enough, there are plenty more to cover most of that 33%

Subtract it completely from your list - no one needs a car in NYC, and the vast majority of NYC residents do not own one. The speed limit in the entire city is 25mph. You can certainly live on $5,000 a month for food and utilities and entertainment in NYC.

And I was using a very expensive rent in the most expensive city in the U.S. to make a point.

Was the OP about NYC residents? No.

Most places in America do not charge $3,000 a month for rent, unless you are living above your means.

Most mortgages in America do not cost $3,000 a month unless you are living above your means.

And most places in America do not have the tax rates of NYC, so you have a LOT more than $96,000 after taxes.

FAIL.

You got owned on this thread. Your attempt at covering it up is even worse.

Proves your point? Hardly :laughing0301:
In most areas, 150,000 does cover the bases.
But there are those areas where the cost of living is high. Seattle is another area.
I'm sure if I researched enough, there are plenty more to cover most of that 33%
Yeah, so you can’t get a large house in Seattle for 150k a year. So what? Not everyone wants a big house and two cars anyway.

It’s upper middle class

Diploma Zombies

They went through an unnatural delay, sacrificing all present desires, while sucking their thumbs in college working without pay because the plutes told them that's what they had to do to get ahead, though the hypocrites never tell their sons that and therefore know it is childish, depressing, and insulting.

This makes the Yuppies want to make as much money as they can, any way they can, and spend it as fast as they can. It's the natural starve then pig out syndrome.

In Vietnam, I had to go without food for three days because our supply helicopters were grounded by heavy rains. I was a glutton for months afterwards, scarfing up any C-rations other Marines had thrown away.

Could it be higher inflation putting a wedge into earnings and savings. Have you seen where
the mortgage rates stand? Have you looked around at how much the rentals are now?
Energy prices have surged with winter approaching.
Yeah...it's the dumbasses that mismanage their money living above their means.
Maybe they should just pick out a plot in a tent city. :rolleyes-41:
If you are living paycheck to paycheck on 150k/yr., you are not living within your means.

Forum List

Back