A THIRD of Americans making over $150k are living paycheck to paycheck...

Who pays 1200 a month on a car payment?

Unless you can afford that, just get a cheaper car for fucks sake.
there are cheaper options that are totally fine, functional cars.

Ditto for 2k mortgage payments

I don’t care how many kids you got. You don’t need a McMansion

Anyone, any family, anywhere in America that isn’t downtown Manhattan or Malibu beach or somewhere ridiculous like that can live comfortably on 120k a year. Period. End of discussion.

Anyone struggling at 120k a year is a fucking moron
Or lives in an expensive area. $2000 for a mortgage is normal here-you won't find much for less than that, at least not anywhere you would want to live. $1200 was 2 car payments.
Who the hell is paying $600 per month on utilities and $1200 on food?
4i6Ckte.gif

$300 per week on food??? Does this person have no insulation in their house or do they live in the Taj Majal, living way above their means?

Are you going to the dentist monthly? Maybe brush your teeth regularly, would be my advice.
Leaky pipes? that might be a once per year type of issue. Not monthly.
I change my oil for $20 + $4 for the filter. Takes 20 minutes. And certainly not monthly.
Why do you have a $1200 per month car payment? Unless it's multiple vehicles, that's excessive. But someone making $150k maybe feels like they should be driving a new BMW. Meh. I have no use for status and bragging and showing off. But some people need it.

Insurance and daycare can be expensive. So I won't quibble with those. But a $2000 mortgage payment each month is either a really high interest rate or, again, living above your means. Unless you have a 15-year loan. Then I could see a high mortgage payment.
$1200 car payment was explicitly 2 cars. $2000 mortgage is nothing unusual. $600 utilities are high but nothing remarkable in aome areas.

Living pay check to paycheck? Now personal debt is on the rise.

Personal debt dropped dramatically during COVID due to the insane amount of money being given away while people did not have any where to go and spend it. But historically speaking debt as a percent of income is pretty low.

1695232324958.png

Not many times am I ever going to agree with you but after reading the title of this thread, this is exactly what I was thinking. If you're making OVER 150G'S A YEAR and you are living paycheck to paycheck, you are simply living beyond your means. I make a third of that and I have huge savings.
Escape Velocity

Yuppies lead empty lives, and they are depressed because of their frantic bootlicking of their bosses. So they have a desperate need to spend a lot of money, which to their empty minds makes the pain go away.

One of the reasons I don't have kids but I don't see why i should pay more in taxes than people with kids since people with kids are using far more government services than I
It's called 'society'. Do you know how many people don't drive? Yet they still pay taxes to maintain highways.

It's called 'society'. Do you know how many people don't drive? Yet they still pay taxes to maintain highways.
And people pay for public transportation who do not use it. At least gas and fuel taxes are supposed to go to highways. We know what the state and local governments do though with the money.

Or lives in an expensive area. $2000 for a mortgage is normal here-you won't find much for less than that, at least not anywhere you would want to live. $1200 was 2 car payments.

$1200 car payment was explicitly 2 cars. $2000 mortgage is nothing unusual. $600 utilities are high but nothing remarkable in aome areas.
As I've looked around, I see that $2000 for a mortgage payment is not outlandish. And I have no problem admitting that I'm wrong when I'm wrong. If you are paying $1200 for 2 car payments then you made a decision to either buy new cars or very nice, expensive used cars, but either way, you did that to yourself. That's not Biden, that's not inflation, that's not out of your control, sprung on you out of the blue.

And people pay for public transportation who do not use it. At least gas and fuel taxes are supposed to go to highways. We know what the state and local governments do though with the money.
I still want the Florida Lottery to be audited. They've been claiming since they started it in 1989 that billions go to education. I think that's BS.

Okay. nice dodge. So much for the “party of personal responsibility"

The OP alleges 1/3 of those making $150K are living paycheck to paycheck.

Do you think one of out of three should be in that situation.
It depends on where they live. As shown earlier in this thread, 150,000 does not go very far in NY.
It goes even less in the Silicon Valley. Wake up!

It depends on where they live. As shown earlier in this thread, 150,000 does not go very far in NY.
It goes even less in the Silicon Valley. Wake up!
Again...

The OP says 1 out of 3 people making $150,000 are living paycheck to paycheck.

Are you now going to pretend that 1/3 of those making $150,000 are living in those two areas you mention?

The funny thing about this latest hill you’ve chosen to die on is that there are literally millions of people living in those areas who don’t make anywhere close to $150K and many (if not most) of them are doing alright.

For example:

1695254210290.png

Do you think the ADAs in NYC are all living paycheck to paycheck while making about 1/2 of $150K?

I get it that you’re mentally challenged and all eaten up with the hatred of Biden since he took down your cult leader but shit man...you sound crazier than ever.

I would say “wake up” to you but its clear you’re too far gone.

Forum List

Back