A Tale of Two Eras

Yes, George Washington was somewhat representative of his times. He was a speculator and entrepreneur who was hoping for the opening up of the Mid-West, in order to reap the benefits of taking over a relatively undeveloped, and resource rich territory. It was just a matter of killing a few thousand Indians, no big deal within his then accepted paradigm.

Taxes? Don't talk to him about taxes. Taxes cut into profits,and hence should be someone else's responsibility, ideally the crackers back home, who were too dumb to realize there was land for the taking out here.

Actually, he didn't represent all colonists though. If we accept the findngs of most historians, then he had the support of about one third of those in the colonies. The rest either preferred the British crown, or just preferred everyone shut up and sit down.

So he led an unnecessary war, in order to boost the fortunes of the rentier class. Hmmm, this is starting to sound familiar, isn't it?

Give me your raging "liberals" every time. Michael Moore for president!

"Give me your raging "liberals" every time. Michael Moore for president!"

Good choice!!
And far better than an IQ test!

1. Michael Moore: “We’ve allowed a vast majority of cash to be concentrated in the hands of just a few people. … They’re sitting on the money, they’re using it for their own — they’re putting it someplace else with no interest in helping you with your life, with that money. We’ve allowed them to take that. That’s not theirs, that’s a national resource, that’s ours. We all have this — we all benefit from this or we all suffer as a result of not having it. And I think we need to go back to taxing these people at the proper rates.”
Net Worth, $50 million
Aren?t you Tired of Hollywood?s Opinions? | Illinois Conservative Examiner

a. Michael Moore got a tax credit from Michigan for filming in that state. Michael Moore, Michigan Film Incentive [Mackinac Center]

2. Michael Moore, in his book “Stupid White Men : ...And Other Sorry Excuses for the State of the Nation!” urges whites to marry blacks and procreate so we can breed the whiteness out of the country. P. 79.

3. Need an example of this utopianism, and the Left’s willingness to destroy what is provably good, in the hope of finding this imaginary utopia? Michael Moore tells CNN's Anderson Cooper that capitalism “is an evil system set up to benefit the few at the expense of the many…. "So, what system do you want?" Anderson Cooper asked Moore. "Well there's no system right now that exists. We're going to create that system.” Michael Moore: We're Going To Replace Capitalism As We Know It | RealClearPolitics

4. Now, who are you going to believe if not Michael Moore? Moore states that Cuba has a better healthcare system (they live longer). "All the independent health organizations in the world, and even our own CIA, believes that the Cubans have a pretty good health system. And they do, in fact, live longer than we do," he said.

But when "20/20" contacted the CIA, officials said, "We don't say that Cuba has a pretty good system or that Cubans live longer than Americans."

In fact, the CIA's World Fact Book says Americans live nearly a year longer. Although a U.N. report supports Moore's position, that data comes straight from the Cuban government.
Page 2: Healthy in Cuba, Sick in America? - ABC News

5. Moore says the Occupy group and himself have "declared" the current economic system as over. "It's just a matter of time until we make that happen," Moore said.
Michael Moore: We're Going To Replace Capitalism As We Know It | RealClearPolitics

Now, just to cement my analysis of your brilliance.....

One question:
Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?

Why do you quote a man that can't get laid and has his snout in a tub of Ben and Jerry's?

Hey....I didn't bring him up!!!

George Washington praised God for the deliverance of the Continental Army, modern Democrats booed the very mention of God

1. America was a different nation in the early era, one that saw itself as that shining city on a hill. And none is better suited to represent that period than George Washington.

Today, August 28th, 1776, times looked bleak for the incipient nation....
a. After the defeat of the Battle of Long Island (see 8/21), William Howe sent his army to move against the Continentals on Brooklyn Heights. Admiral Richard Howe prepared to send ships in the East River, surrounding Washington’s army. The end was near.

b. Just then the weather changed: wind began to rise and rain to fall. On August 29, Washington ordered a secret evacuation; the nor’easter masked Washington’s movements. A dense fog settled over the camps: Americans at that time recognized the source... “a providential occurrence.’

c. ".... "After dawn of the next day approached, those of us who remained in the trenches became very anxious for our own safety and when the dawn appeared there were several regiments here on duty. At this time, a very dense fog began to rise out of the ground and off the river. It seemed to settle in a peculiar manner over both encampments. I recollect this peculiar Providential occurrence perfectly well. And so very dense was the atmosphere that I could scarcely discern a man six yards distance. We tarried until the sun had risen but the fog remained as dense as ever."
The fog remained until the last boats left Long Island." George Washington Prays, God Sends Supernatural Fog to Allow Escape

[The following might imply that Roosevelt was the anti-George Washington.
Pretty much.]

So...if George Washington represents America at an earlier time....who are the post-Roosevelt era candidates representing America?

Some suggestions:

2. “Liberals spent the Vietnam War rooting for the enemy and clamoring for America's defeat, a tradition they have brought back for the Iraq war….During the Vietnam War, New York Times scion Arthur "Pinch" Sulzberger told his father that if an American soldier ran into a North Vietnamese soldier, he would prefer for the American to get shot. "It's the other guy's country," he explained.”
The Democratic Party: A Vast Sleeper Cell | Human Events

3.In may, of 2010, Michael H. Posner
Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor, during official talks with China about human rights violations, compared the recently passed Arizona Law with “topics, including religious freedom, labor rights, freedom of expression, rule of law, racial discrimination,… the Falun, the religious situation in China. Also, concerning the Tibetans, monks also, asking for freedom – actually, it’s religious freedom….specifically about Gao Zhisheng’s whereabouts…any kind of a list of prisoners of conscience” in China.
QUESTION: Did the recently passed Arizona immigration law come up? And, if so, did they bring it up or did you bring it up?
ASSISTANT SECRETARY POSNER: We brought it up early and often. It was mentioned in the first session, and as a troubling trend in our society and an indication that we have to deal with issues of discrimination or potential discrimination, and that these are issues very much being debated in our own society. Briefing on the U.S.-China Human Rights Dialogue

4. [Democrat] Senator Pat Leahy was annoyed with the Reagan administration's war on terrorism in the 1980s. At the time he was vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee. Therefore, "Leaky Leahy," threatened to sabotage classified strategies he didn't like. [In 1988] as the Senate was preparing to hold hearings on the Iran-Contra scandal, Leahy had to resign his Intelligence Committee post after he was caught leaking secret information to a reporter. The Vermont Democrat's Iran-Contra leak was considered to be one of the most serious breaches of secrecy in the committee's 28-year history.
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/17720

5. In 1983, [Democrat] Sen. Edward M. Kennedy offered to help the Soviets mount a public-relations offensive in the United States. This propaganda attack would target President Reagan and his policies. These are the same policies that eventually ended the Cold War and reduced the possibility of nuclear annihilation. This charge was made by Paul Kengor in his book "The Crusader: Ronald Reagan and the Fall of Communism." Ted Kennedy sides with Soviets. Traitor [Archive] - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

6. [Democrat] Senator Robert Torricelli of New Jersey, who led the charge in the mid-1990s to prevent the CIA from hiring unsavory characters. Torricelli rallied to the defense of State Department employee Robert Nuccio, who leaked classified material dealing with CIA operations in Guatemala to Torricelli, who in turn held a press conference and revealed the information to the media. It was these revelations that led to congressional restrictions on the ability of agents in the field to deal with “bad people.”
History News Network

7. Oliver Stone: “These remarks should surprise no one who's followed Stone's long-standing hatred of Israel and, more blatantly, America. In 1987, he told an interviewer that U.S. soldiers deserved mass slaughter to compensate for the nation's past sins.” Oliver Stone's "Secret History" - Medved Blog - MyNorthwest.com

May I add, "Dishonorable Mention:," KKK official and FDR appointee, Justice Hugo Black, who 2. delivered the Supreme Court opinion taking prayer out of public schools.

The only two chapters in this story.....

Yes, George Washington was somewhat representative of his times. He was a speculator and entrepreneur who was hoping for the opening up of the Mid-West, in order to reap the benefits of taking over a relatively undeveloped, and resource rich territory. It was just a matter of killing a few thousand Indians, no big deal within his then accepted paradigm.

Taxes? Don't talk to him about taxes. Taxes cut into profits,and hence should be someone else's responsibility, ideally the crackers back home, who were too dumb to realize there was land for the taking out here.

Actually, he didn't represent all colonists though. If we accept the findngs of most historians, then he had the support of about one third of those in the colonies. The rest either preferred the British crown, or just preferred everyone shut up and sit down.

So he led an unnecessary war, in order to boost the fortunes of the rentier class. Hmmm, this is starting to sound familiar, isn't it?

Give me your raging "liberals" every time. Michael Moore for president!

"Give me your raging "liberals" every time. Michael Moore for president!"

Good choice!!
And far better than an IQ test!

1. Michael Moore: “We’ve allowed a vast majority of cash to be concentrated in the hands of just a few people. … They’re sitting on the money, they’re using it for their own — they’re putting it someplace else with no interest in helping you with your life, with that money. We’ve allowed them to take that. That’s not theirs, that’s a national resource, that’s ours. We all have this — we all benefit from this or we all suffer as a result of not having it. And I think we need to go back to taxing these people at the proper rates.”
Net Worth, $50 million

a. Michael Moore got a tax credit from Michigan for filming in that state. Michael Moore, Michigan Film Incentive [Mackinac Center]

2. Michael Moore, in his book “Stupid White Men : ...And Other Sorry Excuses for the State of the Nation!” urges whites to marry blacks and procreate so we can breed the whiteness out of the country. P. 79.

3. Need an example of this utopianism, and the Left’s willingness to destroy what is provably good, in the hope of finding this imaginary utopia? Michael Moore tells CNN's Anderson Cooper that capitalism “is an evil system set up to benefit the few at the expense of the many…. "So, what system do you want?" Anderson Cooper asked Moore. "Well there's no system right now that exists. We're going to create that system.” Michael Moore: We're Going To Replace Capitalism As We Know It | RealClearPolitics

4. Now, who are you going to believe if not Michael Moore? Moore states that Cuba has a better healthcare system (they live longer). "All the independent health organizations in the world, and even our own CIA, believes that the Cubans have a pretty good health system. And they do, in fact, live longer than we do," he said.

But when "20/20" contacted the CIA, officials said, "We don't say that Cuba has a pretty good system or that Cubans live longer than Americans."

In fact, the CIA's World Fact Book says Americans live nearly a year longer. Although a U.N. report supports Moore's position, that data comes straight from the Cuban government.
Page 2: Healthy in Cuba, Sick in America? - ABC News

5. Moore says the Occupy group and himself have "declared" the current economic system as over. "It's just a matter of time until we make that happen," Moore said.
Michael Moore: We're Going To Replace Capitalism As We Know It | RealClearPolitics

Now, just to cement my analysis of your brilliance.....

One question:
Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?

Hmmm, an answer to my humorous coda (although not a very good one), but no answer to the corrected version of your own history. But that's not something available for ten minutes of googling.

PC is not a reagan sycophant. Reagan would never fall for this stuff. LOL

She's not a bad person, though.

I'm quite fond of PC. She's a piano person.

But she really does believe everything she reads, if by "everything she reads" you mean Ann Coulter, The Heritage Foundation, The National Revue, the Weekly Standard, and prolly the John Birchers, for all I know.

She is an ardent Reagan apologist. But, I'm sure, a hell of a nice person.

Net Worth, $50 million

He's absolutely correct. Money needs to flow through an economy. Not sit, parked in offshore accounts. And the income tax does need to go up on the highest tax brackets. Like, everything made above $10,000,000 a year is taxed much higher.

I'm going to just give you the benefit of the doubt that you're not trying to be dishonest with this, but Michigan was giving tax credits for films to be made there. They advertised this in the trades, in magazines like Variety and the Hollywood Reporter, and they target marketed. Just like every other state that pitches Hollywood. Michael Moore is from Flint, Michigan and films parts of all of his movies in Michigan. So when he did, he got the tax break that everybody else will fill the Michigan got.

Just don't bring up politics while having sex with her though, I am just saying......
Are you kidding? I would spell out each of FDR's alphabet jobs bills with my tongue, making her tell me the name of each agency and how many people it employed.

And I'd make her like it. :lol:

1. So....you still have that autogrphed photo of Jane Fonda sitting behind the Viet Cong antiaircraft gun, fantasizing killing American pilots?

Hey....remember when President Reagan said: "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down that Jane Fonda photo!"

2. "How old were you during the Vietnam War?"

Why is it that knuckleheads like you don't believe that folks can have expertise even of eras before their time???

I'm really good at both research, and study.

But, you know that.

BTW....that was a pretty flimsy excuse for the rest of the OP: we both know you read it....but have no defense for those traitors.

I quit reading after your foolishness about liberals and the Vietnam War. My expertise is from experience, how about yours?

....and a perfect example of a poor memory.

Up until a few years ago, I lectured on the 60's at universities. You are out of your league here, but that never deters you.

Just don't bring up politics while having sex with her though, I am just saying......
Are you kidding? I would spell out each of FDR's alphabet jobs bills with my tongue, making her tell me the name of each agency and how many people it employed.

And I'd make her like it. :lol:

You could make her yell, "I am a reactionary and I LOVE it" at the critical moment."

I quit reading after your foolishness about liberals and the Vietnam War. My expertise is from experience, how about yours?

....and a perfect example of a poor memory.

Up until a few years ago, I lectured on the 60's at universities. You are out of your league here, but that never deters you.

You may make any claims you wish to, but the evidence preponderates in the other direction.
Since I run circles around you, seems like you're the one 'out of your league.'

It may be time, I believe, for you to don those horrid white orthopedic walking shoes, and matching belt, and waddle off, ‘else you may miss the ‘Early Bird Special’!

PC is not a reagan sycophant. Reagan would never fall for this stuff. LOL

She's not a bad person, though.

I'm quite fond of PC. She's a piano person.

But she really does believe everything she reads, if by "everything she reads" you mean Ann Coulter, The Heritage Foundation, The National Revue, the Weekly Standard, and prolly the John Birchers, for all I know.

She is an ardent Reagan apologist. But, I'm sure, a hell of a nice person.

Dont be so sure

"preponderates"?, Ms Dictionary: really?

Yeah....really.....dunce:

pre·pon·der·ate
priˈpändəˌrāt/
verb
be greater in number, influence, or importance.
"the advantages preponderate over this apparent disadvantage"
synonyms: be in the majority, predominate, be predominant; More

Am I really responsible for your education in EVERY SINGLE area?????

There is no question that Hollie preponderates PC in knowledge and understanding of evolution.

Got it.

Forum List

Back