A Swedish guy who wants to move to USA

Ehm, I dont have much saying in your politic. Dont really know so much about it.
But if you guys would give me a quick explanation im sure to make up my mind.

By the way ( off topic)
are people very religious in the us?

Approx 83% of Americans identify as being a member of a religion. 40% attend church regularly, 60-73% identify as Christian. 58% pray every week.

Shes a catholic.

She wants the church to run America

Some would and some wouldnt.

Real Americans support freedom of religion.

Some in the right think we should have a Christian Nation.

They of course are too stupid to realize separation of church and state is written into our constitution.

Let's just make this clear..... All Americans are 'real Americans'. Idiot.

Ehm, I dont have much saying in your politic. Dont really know so much about it.
But if you guys would give me a quick explanation im sure to make up my mind.

By the way ( off topic)
are people very religious in the us?

Approx 83% of Americans identify as being a member of a religion. 40% attend church regularly, 60-73% identify as Christian. 58% pray every week.

Shes a catholic.

She wants the church to run America

Another lie. Two in one thread. My, you are on a roll today, TruthMocker.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh yes. It's very easy to get a job and you'll have Corvettes, Ferrari's and a nice boat in no time.:clap2: The women all look like supermodels and take it in the ass t:eek: !
Gawd Blass murka !

Wow.. funny guy..

According to the dimwitcraps here, Sweden is a better place to live.

Yeah Sweden is great no doubt. We have free health care, a lot of help getting work, good education. If u dont work u will still get support with around 1000 $a mount to make a living... etc etc... But it´s so fucking boring!

Read something on the net that the only way to get a green card is either to get married with a american chick och get hand picked by a company. Is that right??

/ODD

To get a green card you need to have Family that is here in U.S.,a job or you are seeking political asylum. It takes a long time to become one, anywhere between 7 to 10 years.
Here is the government web site;
USCIS - Green Card

Your paying 36% or your income to pay for that health care, education and many of those government entitlement programs. It is not free, that is why your taxes are so high.
The reason it's so boring there is because of the government entitlements. It causes complacency and that causes no innovation or will to strive to become better.
We have a group of people here called liberals who want the same type of system here.They are trying their best to take the U.S. down the same path.
I would think about it long and hard if I was you.
You would be moving to the same type of system you have there. We just have a little more freedom, not much but a little more, than you have there in Sweden.
Hopefully this nation will not go down the same path as European countries.
The liberals here think that entitlements are they way to go.
You just stated as to why is isn't - boredom. But the libs here won't believe it. :lol:

Some are and some are not religious.

Like every country religion is losing its hold on people and facts are starting to win the day.

Ok, I´m an athiest/agnostic. Dont really believe in any religion.. since they are more or less the same crap..

Would people in the US be offended If i would say im an athiest?

As long as you register as an athiest on your Religion Registration form, you should be okay.

And you must keep your Religion Registration card on you at all times. If you are caught out in public without your card, you will be executed on the spot.

Like every country religion is losing its hold on people and facts are starting to win the day.

Ok, I´m an athiest/agnostic. Dont really believe in any religion.. since they are more or less the same crap..

As long as you register as an athiest on your Religion Registration form, you should be okay.

And you must keep your Religion Registration card on you at all times. If you are caught out in public without your card, you will be executed on the spot.

:lol:

Some would, most won't give a damn.

Are you someone's sock? Because you seem to ask seriously odd questions. There are a plethora of websites that will provide you with everything you need to know about immigrating to the US, our country, it's social and economic status, etc. Why the hell are you asking here?

Just simple easier :)
Let the answers come to me.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh yes. It's very easy to get a job and you'll have Corvettes, Ferrari's and a nice boat in no time.:clap2: The women all look like supermodels and take it in the ass t:eek: !
Gawd Blass murka !

Wow.. funny guy..

According to the dimwitcraps here, Sweden is a better place to live.

Yeah Sweden is great no doubt. We have free health care, a lot of help getting work, good education. If u dont work u will still get support with around 1000 $a mount to make a living... etc etc... But it´s so fucking boring!

Read something on the net that the only way to get a green card is either to get married with a american chick och get hand picked by a company. Is that right??

/ODD

Do us a favor. Stay in Sweden. We really don't need yet more freeloaders from the rest of the world.

And... for the record, your healthcare is NOT 'free', someone else pays for it.

We have plenty of people - it's jobs we don't have. Stay and suck of your own government and leave ours alone.

He's not asking to go to England..you silly Brit.

To get a green card you need to have Family that is here in U.S.,a job or you are seeking political asylum. It takes a long time to become one, anywhere between 7 to 10 years.
Here is the government web site;

Holy crap! 7-10 years.. But i guess it goes faster if you get "hand picked" (dont even know if thats a word) by a company?

America is the best country in the world..and New York is it's greatest city.

US Immigration Online|Apply for US Citizenship, Green Card, US Visas

That should be a good start for you.

Hi All!

Im new to this forum so I hope I added the thread in the right section.

Now, Im a swedish guy who want to become a american citizen.
I have been amazed byt the states all of my life.
The people, the way och living.. well everything.

So, I have been trying to reach some information about how to become a citizen but I couldn´t really find anything about it.

I tried search google etc but without luck.

So do you guys have any suggestions about how to do this?

Couple of questions:
* Is it easy to get a job?
* Is it easy to get a place to stay?
* What to people think about Nordic people?

Cheers!
Best regards
odd

You should probably start by talking with the American Embassy up there in Sweden.

Wow.. funny guy..

/ODD

Do us a favor. Stay in Sweden. We really don't need yet more freeloaders from the rest of the world.

We have plenty of people - it's jobs we don't have. Stay and suck of your own government and leave ours alone.

Your ignorance is noted, and dismissed. Dumb yank.

America is the best country in the world..and New York is it's greatest city.

No doubt its the best!
Great thanks! :)

Your ignorance is noted, and dismissed. Dumb yank.

That's "Damned Yankee" and proud of it!

:2up:

Haha this disussion derailed...

So where to move in the US. Any suggestions?
Only demand I have is that is should be warm... YEAR AROUND!

Haha this disussion derailed...

So where to move in the US. Any suggestions?
Only demand I have is that is should be warm... YEAR AROUND!

TruthMocker always derails threads. She has an obsessive need to lie about other people. It's sad really. Be her friend.... she is very European in her attitudes. Always wants something for nothing, loves the Nanny State, and hates successful people.

Seriously, if you really want to come here, start the process - read up about the country - all of it, the good (and the good is awesome) and the bad (and the bad is seriously bad), and make an informed decision. If you decide to proceed, which will take you a few years, good luck... hopefully we will have a job for you by then.

Getting a company green card is very hard. But there are places where you can register for work here.

Whatever you do, do not go to one of those law firms that promise you a 'green card', it will cost you thousands and you will not get a green card at the end of it. They are conning people.

Forum List

Back