A Swedish guy who wants to move to USA

Haha this disussion derailed...

So where to move in the US. Any suggestions?
Only demand I have is that is should be warm... YEAR AROUND!

TruthMocker always derails threads. She has an obsessive need to lie about other people. It's sad really. Be her friend.... she is very European in her attitudes. Always wants something for nothing, loves the Nanny State, and hates successful people.

Seriously, if you really want to come here, start the process - read up about the country - all of it, the good (and the good is awesome) and the bad (and the bad is seriously bad), and make an informed decision. If you decide to proceed, which will take you a few years, good luck... hopefully we will have a job for you by then.

Getting a company green card is very hard. But there are places where you can register for work here.

Whatever you do, do not go to one of those law firms that promise you a 'green card', it will cost you thousands and you will not get a green card at the end of it. They are conning people.

Thanks for the answer California!
Well I dont say it will be easy to get there but I will.
I have, how would you say.. A way of getting what I want.

Yeah heard of them already, I´ll watch out of them.

He's not asking to go to England..you silly Brit.

Your ignorance is noted, and dismissed. Dumb yank.

That's "Damned Yankee" and proud of it!

:2up:

It's 'dumb yank' and you really shouldn't be proud of it. It is not a compliment. There are too many 'dumb yanks'. I blame the public school system. Those of us who were blessed with a private school education know better than to think living outside one's country of origin means they give up their citizenship. Dumb Yank.

Your ignorance is noted, and dismissed. Dumb yank.

It's 'dumb yank' and you really shouldn't be proud of it. It is not a compliment. There are too many 'dumb yanks'. I blame the public school system. Those of us who were blessed with a private school education know better than to think living outside one's country of origin means they give up their citizenship. Dumb Yank.

Whatever.

Brits are annoying. Stay home.

Haha this disussion derailed...

So where to move in the US. Any suggestions?
Only demand I have is that is should be warm... YEAR AROUND!

TruthMocker always derails threads. She has an obsessive need to lie about other people. It's sad really. Be her friend.... she is very European in her attitudes. Always wants something for nothing, loves the Nanny State, and hates successful people.

Seriously, if you really want to come here, start the process - read up about the country - all of it, the good (and the good is awesome) and the bad (and the bad is seriously bad), and make an informed decision. If you decide to proceed, which will take you a few years, good luck... hopefully we will have a job for you by then.

Getting a company green card is very hard. But there are places where you can register for work here.

Whatever you do, do not go to one of those law firms that promise you a 'green card', it will cost you thousands and you will not get a green card at the end of it. They are conning people.

Depending on your work history, you could look at getting green carded through a company. That is much harder now than it used to be. They've clamped down on those with the recession hitting so hard in the US. And rightly so. I meant what I said earlier.... we need jobs for Americans these days. No offense but unless you have a real issue in your own country, I don't agree with you moving to the US. Americans need the jobs we have. Unlike the rabid left wing, who don't give a damn about their fellow Americans, I put Americans first.

Sweden is a perfectly reasonable country - although I agree - it is very boring. So I can understand the appeal of the US. But, really, you picked the wrong time to decide you want to move to the US.

Depending on your work history, you could look at getting green carded through a company. That is much harder now than it used to be. They've clamped down on those with the recession hitting so hard in the US. And rightly so. I meant what I said earlier.... we need jobs for Americans these days. No offense but unless you have a real issue in your own country, I don't agree with you moving to the US. Americans need the jobs we have. Unlike the rabid left wing, who don't give a damn about their fellow Americans, I put Americans first.

Sweden is a perfectly reasonable country - although I agree - it is very boring. So I can understand the appeal of the US. But, really, you picked the wrong time to decide you want to move to the US.

Awwe so nice.

gee what happened

Whatever.

Brits are annoying. Stay home.

I'll travel wherever I feel inclined. You ain't the boss of me, Shallow. Live with that fact.

so you think the catholics should not have to pay certain things that all OTHER Americans should pay?

what about christain sceintists?

do they get to opt out too?

Gee can you imagine how their ranks woudl grow if people could USE that religion to avoid certain taxes?

This thread is not about the Catholic Church, it is not about your petty jealousy of people who have succeeded better than you, stop derailing every fucking thread you enter with your ranting lies. Dumbass.

So you would give a job to a person who cant do that special job but lives in the US.
Instead if giving it to someone who knows it inside-out and dont lives in the US?

That sounds just dumb.. Sorry. :cuckoo:

Hi All!

Im new to this forum so I hope I added the thread in the right section.

Now, Im a swedish guy who want to become a american citizen.
I have been amazed byt the states all of my life.
The people, the way och living.. well everything.

So, I have been trying to reach some information about how to become a citizen but I couldn´t really find anything about it.

I tried search google etc but without luck.

So do you guys have any suggestions about how to do this?

Couple of questions:
* Is it easy to get a job?
* Is it easy to get a place to stay?
* What to people think about Nordic people?

Cheers!
Best regards
odd
You'll be most at home in Minnesota or Wisconsin.

It's easy to get a job if you learn to speak Spanish.

So you would give a job to a person who cant do that special job but lives in the US.
Instead if giving it to someone who knows it inside-out and dont lives in the US?

That sounds just dumb.. Sorry. :cuckoo:

Did I say that? No. I said I support Americans getting jobs in the US over foreign nationals. If you have a specific skill that no American can do (which frankly, is highly unlikely), then those jobs should go to Americans.

Hi All!

Im new to this forum so I hope I added the thread in the right section.

Now, Im a swedish guy who want to become a american citizen.
I have been amazed byt the states all of my life.
The people, the way och living.. well everything.

So, I have been trying to reach some information about how to become a citizen but I couldn´t really find anything about it.

I tried search google etc but without luck.

So do you guys have any suggestions about how to do this?

Couple of questions:
* Is it easy to get a job?
* Is it easy to get a place to stay?
* What to people think about Nordic people?

Cheers!
Best regards
odd
You'll be most at home in Minnesota or Wisconsin.

It's easy to get a job if you learn to speak Spanish.

Hahha so I could cook n clean?
Sorry dont do that.

Anyplace where its warm would be great :)

[/QUOTE]

Did I say that? No. I said I support Americans getting jobs in the US over foreign nationals. If you have a specific skill that no American can do (which frankly, is highly unlikely), then those jobs should go to Americans.[/QUOTE]

Well yes..

Unlike the rabid left wing, who don't give a damn about their fellow Americans, I put Americans first.

Doesnt matter... But ok then I know how to get in :)
Thx!

Did I say that? No. I said I support Americans getting jobs in the US over foreign nationals. If you have a specific skill that no American can do (which frankly, is highly unlikely), then those jobs should go to Americans.[/QUOTE]

Well yes..

Unlike the rabid left wing, who don't give a damn about their fellow Americans, I put Americans first.

Thx!

Well, no.... you created something out of what I said. Please don't do that... it makes you look stupid. I say what I mean and mean what I say. Simple. You don't need to interpret it. It's clear - I put Americans first. I said nothing about employing an American who didn't have the skills over a foreign national with the skills. Twit.

And.... seriously... I doubt very much that you 'know how' to 'get in'.... since you seem to know jack shit about the process. But have at it. It's of no real concern to me.

Last edited:

Did I say that? No. I said I support Americans getting jobs in the US over foreign nationals. If you have a specific skill that no American can do (which frankly, is highly unlikely), then those jobs should go to Americans.

Well yes..

Well, no.... you created something out of what I said. Please don't do that... it makes you look stupid. I say what I mean and mean what I say. Simple. You don't need to interpret it. It's clear - I put Americans first. I said nothing about employing an American who didn't have the skills over a foreign national with the skills. Twit.

And.... seriously... I doubt very much that you 'know how' to 'get in'.... since you seem to know jack shit about the process. But have at it. It's of no real concern to me.

Haha wow.. touchy?
Look, sorry you entered menopause so early but you dont have to take it out on me since I basicly dont give a shit :) So..Take care now! Bye bye then!

Last edited:

Well yes..

Thx!

And.... seriously... I doubt very much that you 'know how' to 'get in'.... since you seem to know jack shit about the process. But have at it. It's of no real concern to me.[/QUOTE]

Haha wow.. touchy?
Look, sorry you entered menopause so early but you dont have to take it out on me since I basicly dont give a shit :) So..Take care now! Bye bye then![/QUOTE]

Touchy? No. Realistic, yea. It's hard to get into the US... you think you can circumvent the process.... good luck with it. But it's all hot air and bluster. I tend to mock hot air and bluster.

Floridas humidity comes with bugs.

so cal is the only place for good sunshine and great culture

New Topics

Forum List

Back