A solution in search of a problem.

The devil is in the details. That bill allows illegal immigration, just reduces the number allowed per day.
Also,, a Bill will often have rider Bills attached, so frequently it is those attached Bills that cause a "host" Bill to be voted against.
Illegals are a fact of life so if reducing their number is a positive thing for the US the bill should have been passed. Alas it was a negative for Trump so he killed it. You should be very proud. BTW, there were no 'poison pills' in the bill that I'm aware of.

Something like that did not get elected without help from somewhere. We have a disjointed nation now where there will not be unity.
No one gets elected without help. Trump just raised $50 mil at one dinner from some very deep pockets. I wonder what they'll want for dessert?

I know who I blame for our disunity.

Illegals are a fact of life so if reducing their number is a positive thing for the US the bill should have been passed. Alas it was a negative for Trump so he killed it. You should be very proud. BTW, there were no 'poison pills' in the bill that I'm aware of.
Alas the committee was sent put together a border security bill but they returned with an immigration bill.

The bill made illegal entry into the U.S. a legal event and, in reality would not reduce illegal entry but only legitimize - and provide funding - for more illegal entrants.

Its foolish to view that bill as positive in any way in the concept of reducing illegal entrants into the U.S.

Which is why Biden was willing to sign it.

The problem is that working on a meaningless Bill is like having your employees online when they should be on spreadsheet. We pay them, they should at least attempt to appear productive.

If one does not vote Democrat, Biden will try and flood the country of people who will.
Do as I say, not as I do.
The only president to grant amnesty, and thereby a path to legally voting to millions of illegal aliens was Ronald Reagan.

Alas the committee was sent put together a border security bill but they returned with an immigration bill.

The bill made illegal entry into the U.S. a legal event and, in reality would not reduce illegal entry but only legitimize - and provide funding - for more illegal entrants.

Its foolish to view that bill as positive in any way in the concept of reducing illegal entrants into the U.S.

Which is why Biden was willing to sign it.
Most immigrants enter the US legally by claiming refugee status at the border. It is only when they neglect to leave that they become undocumented. The bill limited the number that could make that refugee claim. It would have had no impact on anyone sneaking into the country and certainly wouldn't make them 'legal'.

No one gets elected without help. Trump just raised $50 mil at one dinner from some very deep pockets. I wonder what they'll want for dessert?

I know who I blame for our disunity.
Tellme about all of the Prog legislation the first two years of Joe. The Inflation Reduction Act as one. Tell me.

What laws does Biden break daily?
First to mind is the Immigration and Naturalization act. The Act requires that asylum seekers be screened - carefully and thoroughly - before being allowed into the U.S.. They are to be "detained"until that occurs.

Not only are most only marginally checked (against data bases of limited quality, frequently maintained by their home country - when the traffic becomes heavy, they are "paroled" into the country, with or without monitoring ability or knowledge of the individual or destination.

So, violation of law. Not to mention the Constitutional requirement that the president 'shall take care to ensure laws are obeyed' (my verbiage).

And,how about that student loan forgiveness thing? Have to go back to SCOTUS for case by case determination, but clearly the first decision indicates he doesn't have the authority to personally write off billions of taxpayer dollars.

First to mind is the Immigration and Naturalization act. The Act requires that asylum seekers be screened - carefully and thoroughly - before being allowed into the U.S.. They are to be "detained"until that occurs.

Not only are most only marginally checked (against data bases of limited quality, frequently maintained by their home country - when the traffic becomes heavy, they are "paroled" into the country, with or without monitoring ability or knowledge of the individual or destination.

So, violation of law. Not to mention the Constitutional requirement that the president 'shall take care to ensure laws are obeyed' (my verbiage).

And,how about that student loan forgiveness thing? Have to go back to SCOTUS for case by case determination, but clearly the first decision indicates he doesn't have the authority to personally write off billions of taxpayer dollars.
You may not approve of HOW the laws are enforced but the President has an enormous amount of discretion WITHIN the law. Even more if the SCOTUS agrees with Trump that a President has complete immunity while in office.

Most immigrants enter the US legally by claiming refugee status at the border. It is only when they neglect to leave that they become undocumented. The bill limited the number that could make that refugee claim. It would have had no impact on anyone sneaking into the country and certainly wouldn't make them 'legal'.
Wrong and wrong.

A non citizen who enters the country between POEs does so illegally. (Illegal entrant)
That they may claim asylum and be released into the country provides them legal status to be in the country for a specified time. So illegal entrant receives asylum and is then legally in the country.

The bill limited the number to an average of less than 5,000 a day. If exceeded, POTUS had the option to declare an emergency and shut down the border. (Given Biden's track record,who believes he would exercise the option?)

Therefore, less than an average of 5,000 a day provided no relief. So 4,999 a day actually legalized the illegal entrants.
Think about it... walk across the river, number 4999 for the day, you're processed without issue.

And of course, the bill gave Biden more money for more border patrol agents, facilities, etc. And Biden's answer to the hordes of illegal entrants piling up at the border thus far has been to process and move them through quicker to avoid the pile ups. Example is the NCHV program. He reduces the number of illegal entrants at the border by allowing asylum claimants from four countries - total 120,000 a month - to fly directly into U.S. airports. And he claims success because fewer show up at the border. Given that 90% of claimants - if they actually appear at immigration court - are denied (but not assuredly deported) should tell anyone the program is a joke.

Biden has shown absolutely no interest in controlling the number of illegal entrants coming into the country. Rumor is he's considering something now because polls tell him its gonna be a serious reelection problem.

Biden exacerbated the problem - 5X - and now wants credit for solving the problem he created. Hence, when Biden went public supporting the "bi-partisan" (one Republican) bill, it was a given it was not a good solution to our noncitizen problem.

You may not approve of HOW the laws are enforced but the President has an enormous amount of discretion WITHIN the law. Even more if the SCOTUS agrees with Trump that a President has complete immunity while in office.
Discretion, yes. Flatly, obviously, disregarding? No.

And the current extreme level of partisan politics gives him the ability to do pretty much what he wants - to include breaking the law. Even to the extent of leaving a 30 year trail of stolen classified documents behind him.

But that's not the way its supposed to be, and I (at least) find it unacceptable. There is something wrong with the system that allows his behavior.

Regardless of Trump's theory, for whatever its worth.

Wrong and wrong.

A non citizen who enters the country between POEs does so illegally. (Illegal entrant)
That they may claim asylum and be released into the country provides them legal status to be in the country for a specified time. So illegal entrant receives asylum and is then legally in the country.
As I understand it, you can only claim asylum at a POE. If you're caught crossing the river you get immediately expelled.

The bill limited the number to an average of less than 5,000 a day. If exceeded, POTUS had the option to declare an emergency and shut down the border. (Given Biden's track record,who believes he would exercise the option?)
I do. He'd have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Therefore, less than an average of 5,000 a day provided no relief. So 4,999 a day actually legalized the illegal entrants.
Think about it... walk across the river, number 4999 for the day, you're processed without issue.
Better than the current situation where there is no limit. Limit good, no limit bad.

And of course, the bill gave Biden more money for more border patrol agents, facilities, etc. And Biden's answer to the hordes of illegal entrants piling up at the border thus far has been to process and move them through quicker to avoid the pile ups. Example is the NCHV program. He reduces the number of illegal entrants at the border by allowing asylum claimants from four countries - total 120,000 a month - to fly directly into U.S. airports. And he claims success because fewer show up at the border. Given that 90% of claimants - if they actually appear at immigration court - are denied (but not assuredly deported) should tell anyone the program is a joke.
Not familiar with these numbers but I do know the vast majority do show up for their hearings.

Biden has shown absolutely no interest in controlling the number of illegal entrants coming into the country. Rumor is he's considering something now because polls tell him its gonna be a serious reelection problem.
He is a politician and in that he is just like Trump and abortion.

Biden exacerbated the problem - 5X - and now wants credit for solving the problem he created. Hence, when Biden went public supporting the "bi-partisan" (one Republican) bill, it was a given it was not a good solution to our noncitizen problem.
The bill was written by one Republican, one Democrat, and one Independent. Tri-partisan actually, but the only way to know would be to let it come up for a vote.

Discretion, yes. Flatly, obviously, disregarding? No.
You must be a lawyer the way you split those legal hairs.

And the current extreme level of partisan politics gives him the ability to do pretty much what he wants - to include breaking the law. Even to the extent of leaving a 30 year trail of stolen classified documents behind him.
You don't want to talk about stealing classified docs and then hiding them from the FBI.

Forum List

Back