a sign from god

'Sign from God' claims after fire stops short of Bible | Daily Mail Online

this reminds me of plane crashes, train crashes, etc where most of the people die except a few and people say
''god saved them''
When I was going to a 4th of July event in 2016, the sky looked like this. It was a sign from God that Hitlery was going to lose, and America would be Made GREAT AGAIN.

Eagle-cloud-formation.jpg

Dear harmonica
I had an incident happen where I felt "the hand of an angel" had to reach down to do this.

A few years back while working double shifts and getting no sleep,
I fell asleep driving on the freeway on the way to work.

I woke up as my hand "suddenly jerked" to keep me perfectly in my lane.
I don't drive that well, nor react that fast.
Anyone else would say this was an unconscious reaction, some lucky quick move
that turned out to be perfectly timed.

But what it felt like was "another hand" was on the steering wheel doing it for me.
It did not feel it was coming from me, because I was completely out of commission.

The "impression" I got in my mind, my bf's sister had a very close "best friend" Jeff
whom I never met but just saw photos of. My bf and his sister loved him dearly
as a very nice loving guy who was sweet and would do anything to help others.
He had passed away and I never got to meet him. But my instinct told me this
was "Jeff" who happened to be watching over me that day, and jerked the steering wheel in time.

It was just a very strong feeling, and I don't know why I would think of Jeff.
But later I told my bf and his sister, so maybe it at least made a sweet story.
Will never know what really allowed me to correct that fast while I was asleep on the road.
I just really felt it was "Jeff" so that stuck in my mind, like a guardian angel.

Dear harmonica
I had an incident happen where I felt "the hand of an angel" had to reach down to do this.

But what it felt like was "another hand" was on the steering wheel doing it for me.
It did not feel it was coming from me, because I was completely out of commission.

The "impression" I got in my mind, my bf's sister had a very close "best friend" Jeff
was "Jeff" who happened to be watching over me that day, and jerked the steering wheel in time.

Will never know what really allowed me to correct that fast while I was asleep on the road.
I just really felt it was "Jeff" so that stuck in my mind, like a guardian angel.
the point of the OP is the ridiculousness of people saying ''god saved them'' god saved this''
when the building burns down and most people are NOT saved

Dear harmonica

the point of the OP is the ridiculousness of people saying ''god saved them'' god saved this''
Maybe those in the building that didn't make it, didn't believe in God, would that make you think differently?

Dear harmonica

Maybe those in the building that didn't make it, didn't believe in God, would that make you think differently?
you mean like the movie Left Behind?

this reminds me of plane crashes, train crashes, etc where most of the people die except a few and people say
''god saved them''
Twice, I escaped certain death by what others would call coincidence. I don't believe in coincidence. I believe my guardian angel was watching out for me. You can believe whatever you like. Makes no difference to me.

Actually, I could say it may have happened three times. Remember when that turret blew up on the Battleship Iowa? I was on her sister ship, the USS Missouri. I was a gunners mate, in turret number two. The same one that blew up on the Iowa. If I had decided to join the Navy earlier, or later, I might have wound up on the Iowa instead. You think that's unlikely? Well, I did well enough in C school to choose where I wanted to serve. If the Iowa had been available, I would have chosen it.

Last edited:
Dear harmonica and andaronjim
Obviously we can't control whether we live or die in all these scenarios.
What we can control is whether we choose to forgive, and commit
to resolve as much as we can with our given relationships.
Do we leave unresolved issues and "karma" to others to carry on?
Or do leave a positive legacy that prepares and uplifts others?

I know people who still carry terrible burdens on their conscience
from past generations, who are stuck with them. Eventually that
cycle of karmic sin and suffering has to break, but sometimes it
can carry on to the fourth and fifth generations.

The purpose of receiving and believing in the forgiving Grace of God through Christ
is to break through generational sin or karma from the past, and free oneself
and future generations to receive positive blessings instead of recycling
garbage from the past and repeating that and reliving those patterns.

This process isn't done in one lifetime, it extends over generations.
So whether we live or die, we are part of this spiritual process,
and it's our awareness of it that determines our ability to work through this
process as we and collective humanity in general move toward
higher spiritual maturity and development. Everything in life, including
death, is part of these stages of growth toward higher and higher levels.

Dear harmonica

Absolutely! Unfortunately, bad things have to those who believe. Sorry about that, please try again soon.

Dear harmonica

Absolutely! Unfortunately, bad things have to those who believe. Sorry about that, please try again soon.
When I was in Flagstaff going to go skiing that day, the hotel room next to me blew up because those transients decided they wanted to commit suicide and take a few others with them. The black man and his pregnant white wife, turned off the pilot light to their room heater and then allow the gas to asphyxiate them possibly leaking into the rooms next to them. Well for some reason, the wife decided at 4 am to wake up and get a smoke. When she lit it up, her room blew up causing the tv and other debris in our room to go flying. We had bricks, and stuff going all around us, as I was closest to the other room, I got nicked in the shoulder, waist and knee, as if a hand had come down to protect me, while things went over and under our bed. The roof blew up and then collapsed but our back wall kept it supported. I have lived to see God's work(you liberals call it luck) and I still think that he has something for me yet to do. My time is coming, and I am patiently waiting, for God knows.

''god saved them''
Twice, I escaped certain death by what others would call coincidence. I don't believe in coincidence. I believe my guardian angel was watching out for me. You can believe whatever you like. Makes no difference to me.

Actually, I could say it may have happened three times. Remember when that turret blew up on the Battleship Iowa? I was on her sister ship, the USS Missouri. I was a gunners mate, in turret number two. The same one that blew up on the Iowa. If I had decided to join the Navy earlier, or later, I might have wound up on the Iowa instead. You think that's unlikely? Well, I did well enough in C school to choose where I wanted to serve. If the Iowa had been available, I would have chosen it.
so why don't others have a guardian angel watching out for them?

''god saved them''

Its funny that religious people would believe that escaping physical death every now and then corresponds to being saved or looked after by an angel..

As if they will never die... what then? The angel is on vacation in they day they actually do die?

What about Jesus? I heard he was tortured and crucified and no angels showed up to stop it, not even a friend.

If Jesus was as close to God as anyone can get, what kind of sign was that?

''god saved them''

Its funny that religious people would believe that escaping physical death every now and then corresponds to being saved or looked after by an angel..

As if they will never die... what then? The angel is on vacation in they day they actually do die?

What about Jesus? I heard he was tortured and crucified and no angels showed up to stop it, not even a friend.

What kind of sign was that?
usually the answer is ''it's god's plan''....the catch all answer

''god saved them''

Yeah maybe, but that doesn't quite match up with their professed faith in an afterlife and expressed longing to be with God in paradise after they die.

If God has so many presents waiting for them when they die, why do they thank God for not dying?.

''god saved them''

Yeah maybe, but that doesn't quite match up with their professed faith in an afterlife and expressed longing to be with God in paradise after they die.

If God has so many presents waiting for them when they die, why do they thank God for not dying?.
The lion(or liar) of the Democrat party....
TED KENNEDY PRAYED FOR FORGIVENESS FROM MARY JO
Only days before the holiday break, Ted made a very special trip to visit the parish cemetery of St. Vincent’s Roman Catholic Church in Plymouth, Pa., where Mary Jo was buried July 22, 1969.
When you get close to your deathbed and see Death on his white steed, funny how even the most stout Liberal wants to ask God for forgiveness for the sins he did to the innocent girl...

Only days before the holiday break, Ted made a very special trip to visit the parish cemetery of St. Vincent’s Roman Catholic Church in Plymouth, Pa., where Mary Jo was buried July 22, 1969.
When you get close to your deathbed and see Death on his white steed, funny how even the most stout Liberal wants to ask God for forgiveness for the sins he did to the innocent girl...
ahhhhhh--but that's just humans wanting to be comforted when afraid--that doesn't prove there is a god/etc!!!!!!!
like a kid in the dark worrying about a ghost and they run to mom--there is no ghost
and I'm not a libby

Yeah, sounds very scary...

Moses killed an Egyptian and God didn't seem to give a shit and Moses didn't feel guilty, but then again, Moses wasn't praying to a human being...

. A car accident is not even in the same ball park.

Still, why thank God for not dying if when you die you get to open many cool presents from God ?

Why fear death if you really believed that God was merciful and forgiving to the penitent?

I suspect that those who do fear death are aware that they are guilty of something they have never addressed repented for or corrected.

Last edited:

Yeah, sounds very scary...

Moses killed an Egyptian and God didn't seem to give a shit, but then again, Moses wasn't praying to a human being...

. A car accident is not even in the same ball park.

Still, why thank God for not dying if when you die you get to open many cool presents from God ?

Why fear death if you really believed that God was merciful and forgiving to the penitent?
I am not worried, but it sure seems that you are? Go ahead when you leave this Earth, you can just be worm food.

By the way, who created the Universe?

I guess you think that Life is just an accident that has through evolution and random chances led to where we are today?
Here is what a person would look like if everything was random and not intelligent design.

crying-woman-1937-1.jpg

Forum List

Back