A serious question about Jewish history

If I had a friend that got divorced. I would just say, "hey things happen"

Then he remarried, but it turned into another divorce. I'd think.....just picked the wrong girl to marry.

Now if he married a third, forth, and fifth time; all ending in divorce.

Then I would start to think he must be the problem...... not the women he married.

Same with the Jews.

If they had only been expelled or driven out of only 2, 3, or 4 countries throughout history.

I wouldn't blame them....and just figure it was the gentiles problem.

But when you have the Jews tossed out of 109 countries.

Then there MUST be something the Jews are doing to cause the same reaction from people of various countries, with different cultures, languages, traditions, and even religions, kicking them out........... :cool:
So maybe if they did like muslims, marry one. No good? Marry another. No good again? Marry a third? No good still? Geez, now you're STILL saddled with 3 no good wives, so you take a fourth. Guess what? :D

According to the Bible, since they are God's chosen people, it is a simple case of disobedience, actions to open the Jew's eyes, and the disbursement of the tribes in order to preserve the tribes, as God promised Abraham. < That particular promise is a generational one.
Had Hitler been able to get his hands on every Jew, he would have killed every Jew.
God disbursed them and God will bring them all home.
Christ, the Rabbi, will rule and reign from His home, Jerusalem.
and:

Genesis 11:1
And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech

"For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the Name of Yahweh, to serve him with one consent," Zephaniah 3:9.

Got Hebrew Rosetta Stone?

Last edited:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY as this is in CLEAN DEBATE for exactly that reason.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is NOT a thread about Israel/Palestine nor a hate thread of any sort.
It isn't pro Muslim, anti Christian or anti Jewish.
I don't want rubbish about the Palestine/Israel conflict or any modern arguments of any type.

I'm looking for a real answer to a serious question.

Jewish Persecution | Timeline of Judaism | History of AntiSemitism

This link is to a Jewish site that lists various horrors that have been done to Jews over the last couple of thousand years.
They've been kicked out, enslaved, massacred, mutilated, burnt alive, forced to convert to Christianity and generally abused where ever they've settled.

All said and done, they've been given a pretty crap time of it.
So, my question is, what caused so much hate in all these places?

Once again - SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY as this is in CLEAN DEBATE for exactly that reason.

My opinion is that you are asking the wrong question, because you don`t have to be "Jewish" to be persecuted. I want to know why through the ages even today we like to make scapegoats out of entire groups, be they an ethnic, religious or political affiliation and persecute them.
The last thing I worry about when I have a problem with somebody else is wondering if that person is Jewish. Jews are unique because they have no obvious visible or audible characteristics, such as accent or appearance. I`m German and live on a First Nations Territory in Canada. It`s pretty obvious that I`m not native and just as obvious vice versa. Yet I feel more at home here than in my old hometown.

I know lots of Jews in Winnipeg, but had no idea that they were Jews until they purposely slipped in a few Yiddish words like "Mensch" when they cracked a joke, knowing that Germans have no trouble understanding Yiddish.
But aside from that you would not know most Jews from any other Canadians unless they tell you that they are Jewish.
Except orthodox Jews who for some strange reasons are at odds with main-stream Jews. I think all these irrational phobias have a common root, it being that we rather blame and punish others for our own failures.
B.t.w. You would not believe the "politically incorrect" jokes I have heard from Jews about Jews.
It speaks well for anyone if they can laugh about themselves. But imagine the bind I have been in as a German trying to figure out how hard I should laugh when they totally cracked me up. Some shopkeepers knew after a while full well who my biological father was and what my home town is, but none of them have ever held that against me...and that told me a lot more about Jews than any literature could.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d5/Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S73321%2C_Gottlob_Berger.jpg/220px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S73321%2C_Gottlob_Berger.jpg
220px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S73321%2C_Gottlob_Berger.jpg

I love their delis but more so their sense of humor...second only to British Humor

Last edited by a moderator:

Then he remarried, but it turned into another divorce. I'd think.....just picked the wrong girl to marry.

Then I would start to think he must be the problem...... not the women he married.

Same with the Jews.

If they had only been expelled or driven out of only 2, 3, or 4 countries throughout history.

Then there MUST be something the Jews are doing to cause the same reaction from people of various countries, with different cultures, languages, traditions, and even religions, kicking them out........... :cool:

Because the Jews had/have separated cultures, and at times acted and looked differently.

That scared people.

simple.:eusa_whistle:

Same with the Jews.

The thread was created to explore this in a serious manner.
It's clear there have been problems but why is what I want to explore.
The answer to this may well help all minorities avoid problems in the future.

This is not a hate fest or intended to have a go at anyone.
Please don't send the thread that direction. :)

Same with the Jews.

Because the Jews had/have separated cultures, and at times acted and looked differently.

That scared people.
Nope.

Many other people dressed funny with separated cultures and didn't make people want to attack them.

Try again.......... :cool:

Jews - whether you are speaking about their ethnicity or their religion (sometimes it is different) they are just people. I lived in a "Jewish neighborhood" for over thirty years. I have worked with Jews and partied with them. They are just people. One man worked at Jack-in-the-Box, one good friend worked as an engineerfor a large aircraft company like my dad. Another was a wood-worker - a cabinet maker. None of the Jews I knew were bankers or financial experts and none of them were the least bit controlling. They were good neighbors, and very giving people. Since I moved, I have missed them.

CDZ = Insults and flaming are bad news.
I want this to be a good thread, not a hate fest.

Peace, love and, in this case, understanding.

109 Locations whence Jews have been Expelled since AD250

YEAR . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .PLACE

250 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Carthage
415 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Alexandria
554 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Diocèse of Clermont (France)
561 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Diocèse of Uzès (France)
612 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Visigoth Spain
642 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Visigoth Empire
855 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Italy
876 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Sens
1012 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Mainz
1182 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - France
1182 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Germany
1276 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Upper Bavaria
1290 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - England
1306 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - France
1322 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - France (again)
1348 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Switzerland
1349 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Hielbronn (Germany)
1349 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Saxony
1349 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Hungary
1360 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Hungary
1370 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Belgium
1380 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Slovakia
1388 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Strasbourg
1394 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Germany
1394 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - France
1420 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Lyons
1421 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Austria
1424 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Fribourg
1424 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Zurich
1424 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Cologne
1432 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Savoy
1438 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Mainz
1439 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Augsburg
1442 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Netherlands
1444 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Netherlands
1446 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bavaria
1453 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - France
1453 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Breslau
1454 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Wurzburg
1462 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Mainz
1483 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Mainz
1484 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Warsaw
1485 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Vincenza (Italy)
1492 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Spain
1492 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Italy
1495 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Lithuania
1496 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Naples
1496 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Portugal
1498 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Nuremberg
1498 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Navarre
1510 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Brandenberg
1510 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Prussia
1514 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Strasbourg
1515 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Genoa
1519 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Regensburg
1533 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Naples
1541 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Naples
1542 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Prague & Bohemia
1550 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Genoa
1551 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bavaria
1555 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Pesaro
1557 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Prague
1559 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Austria
1561 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Prague
1567 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Wurzburg
1569 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Papal States
1571 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Brandenburg
1582 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Netherlands
1582 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Hungary
1593 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Brandenburg, Austria
1597 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Cremona, Pavia & Lodi
1614 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Frankfort
1615 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Worms
1619 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Kiev
1648 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ukraine
1648 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Poland
1649 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Hamburg
1654 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Little Russia (Beylorus)
1656 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Lithuania
1669 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Oran (North Africa)
1669 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Vienna
1670 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Vienna
1712 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Sandomir
1727 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Russia
1738 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Wurtemburg
1740 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Little Russia (Beylorus)
1744 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Prague, Bohemia
1744 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Slovakia
1744 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Livonia
1745 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Moravia
1753 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Kovad (Lithuania)
1761 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bordeaux
1772 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Deported to the Pale of Settlement (Poland/Russia)
1775 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Warsaw
1789 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Alsace
1804 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Villages in Russia
1808 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Villages & Countrysides (Russia)
1815 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Lbeck & Bremen
1815 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Franconia, Swabia & Bavaria
1820 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bremen
1843 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Russian Border Austria & Prussia
1862 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Areas in the U.S. under General Grant's Jurisdiction[1]
1866 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Galatz, Romania
1880s - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Russia
1891 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Moscow
1919 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Bavaria (foreign born Jews)
1938-45 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Nazi Controlled Areas
1948 -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Arab Countries

Source?

"Then you have their religious texts- Torah, Talmud, etc- with some of their more controversial laws regarding outsiders and nonbelievers."

Varelse, if one hasn't studied the texts IN CONTEXT, then the actual meanings are not going to be obvious.

The context being trhe genocidal conquest of the lands they'd invaded?

Let us ask the Middionites, Hittites, Jesubited, and Moabites about the context.

Oh wait, we can't, because they were wiped out in a total genocide by the Jews whose actions you seek to defend. And yet... I have no doubt you're far less eager to forgive and explain away the Germans for doing the exact same thing.

Do you support or oppose the 'Break the Bones' strategy in Palestine? What about the American's ethnic cleansing of the lands under Jackson?

Sunni, that is not primary or direct 'evidence'. You are *interpreting* from it to conclude 'the reason is in Jewish behavior'.

Christianity and Islam regarding themselves as 'universal' truths is a far more specific explanation for those actions.

They got that idea from Judaism, from which they splintered.

Same with the Jews.

That scared people.
Nope.

Many other people dressed funny with separated cultures and didn't make people want to attack them.

Try again.......... :cool:
It's because religions are made to separate everyone into little groups, and then teach that the others are bad, and some teach you to kill the non-believers. Isn't that right sunni?:cool:

I don't want rubbish about the Palestine/Israel conflict or any modern arguments of any type.

This link is to a Jewish site that lists various horrors that have been done to Jews over the last couple of thousand years.
They've been kicked out, enslaved, massacred, mutilated, burnt alive, forced to convert to Christianity and generally abused where ever they've settled.

Once again - SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY as this is in CLEAN DEBATE for exactly that reason.

xenophobia &#8194;

xen·o·pho·bi·a [zen-uh-foh-bee-uh, zee-nuh-] Show IPA
noun
an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers or of that which is foreign or strange.

YOu can look for specific reasons specific to Jews, of course, but the real answer is the above.

Peasants world-wide fear strangers.

And if those strangers move in and aren't planning on leaving?

Well, their fear inevitably becomes hatred.

And strangers in the midst of an alien culture become very useful scapegoats that the masters can use to foist off the blame when things do south.

most "strangers" eventually assimilate and become integral and working parts of the mainstream culture. jews are not particularly remakable in appearance or any other physical aspects that would make them stand out as strangers in many of the places they have been shunned.

But, and here IS a problem that to some extent has always plagued Jews...they do NOT assimilate to the degree that most people do when they migrate to another land. Now in some cases, that's because they are not allowed to assimilate, and in others it is because they do not want to assimilate.

i mean, look at the muslims in europe, theey are well on their way to becoming accepted after perhaps a generation but jews are still being discriminated against after over 2000 years, or so they claim.

I have my doubts that Moslems are assimilating all that well, too.

could it be their culture? cultures inculcate certain behaviours and values among its members.

Of COURSE its about culture.

Jewishness isn't so much about a race of people as it is about the culture those people cleave to.

Chosen people's agenda throughout history.

1) Find a host country that will accept them and set up shop.

2) Start a banking or financial system that will put them in control of the host countries money.

3) Bleed the host country dry until it's economically anemic and close to death.

4) After being expelled from host country by out raged citizens.

5) Flee to new host country and begin parasitic process on it's economy.

That appears to be unhelpful crap but there may be a level of truth in it.
In the middle ages, Christianity didn't allow money lending so Jews were used to fill that position in society.
Money lenders are never popular people so there may well be something in that position.

My grade nine practical exams are tomorrow with one more set in two weeks. With bit of luck, I'll be able to find time to do this properly.
In the meantime, perhaps we could try to keep the thread clean so we can take a serious look at this.
Sunni, dude, I see where you're coming from but that bull is just going to get the thread closed again and that would be a great pity after I fought so hard to get it back on the board.

@ editec

Your position may have worth.
There are serious problems with Muslims refusing to assimilate themselves into some societies.
I can't comment on the situation in the states but I have seen the problem in England.
There do seem to be parallels.
Perhaps exploring one can assist the other.

One sad thing I have noted in this thread is, the total lack of some posters to allow it to develop as a serious topic, preferring instead to just mouth off at the supposed enemy.

Frankly, I don't see why a Muslim and a Jew can't be friends if it wasn't for the stupidity of the extremes on both sides who just want to attack each other.
Perhaps this thread is turning into a miniature of the Muslim and Jewish worlds.

Jews - whether you are speaking about their ethnicity or their religion (sometimes it is different) they are just people. I lived in a "Jewish neighborhood" for over thirty years. I have worked with Jews and partied with them. They are just people. One man worked at Jack-in-the-Box, one good friend worked as an engineerfor a large aircraft company like my dad. Another was a wood-worker - a cabinet maker. None of the Jews I knew were bankers or financial experts and none of them were the least bit controlling. They were good neighbors, and very giving people. Since I moved, I have missed them.

I have met quite a lot of Jews, mostly Israeli. Excect the black coat and daft ringlet brigade in London (who refused to serve me a pizza because I wasn't one of their mob), I've liked every one of them, bar one who was a nasty little cow.
Same goes for Muslims. I know rather a lot and like most except a few that were over the top nut jobs.
I must be one of the few posters on this board who has actually met terrorist murderers.
Oddly enough, they were friendly to me but only after they realised I was a Muslim.
They laughed, joked and often invited me into their shop for a cup of tea. Sadly they also murdered people as I found out from a friend a few days before they were shot in Java after the Jakarta hotel bombing.

There is, in my opinion, no need to be anti Jewish or anti Muslim, just anti extremist of any and all types.

Anyway, that's a little off topic as I don't want to discuss anything modern. Too many haters to bother even looking at that stuff. No real point talking about Hitler, he was clearly mad and using the first minority he saw to blame for political problems.
In his case, it could have been anyone but Jews were handy at the time.

This isn't an anti Jew fest, I want it to be a serious look at history.
So, research and link to prove your point, please.

This isn't an anti Jew fest, I want it to be a serious look at history.
So, research and link to prove your point, please.

I believe your answer can be found in the tone of the responses. Among the thoughtful, informed (in varying degrees) posts you find drooling, ignorant, knuckle-draggin' haters. They don't really know why they hate, they just do. Gather enough of 'em in one beer hall, give 'em matching brown shirts and some beer and cut 'em loose on the local minority. 'Nuff said? :D

The answer is simple. Much like the Armenians in Ottoman Empire, the Jews are always a small, but very successful minority class. They work hard and make money as a group and they strikes a cord of envy with the majority (that turns into anger) that is not so successful as group. On top of that for the majority of their history their homeland was occupied by others Assyrians, Babloyians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Arabs, Turks and British, so they had no state protecting them. Jews were persecuted throughout Europe for their small numbers and their identifiable success, esp in money-lending. Then toss in things like the black death, poverty etc and people look for a target to blame. The successful identifable minority is a good target. So stories emerge no matter how untrue they might be, like the blood libel for example.

Jewish persecution in ancient times, by the Egyptians (they enslaved many people and civilization throughout that time period enslaved many people) and by the Assyrians, Persians (who were good to the Jews), Greeks and Babloyians (all these were invading armies that conquered the subject people - which is common throughout ancient history) .

Persecution by Arab/Muslim countries is even simpler, Arabs/Muslims have been xenophobic towards religious minorities from it's inception. Mohommad was a warlord jingoist that sought to spread Islam by the sword an in fact started the first muslim crusade (Caliphates) and took over the entire middle east, killing all those who didn't submit to the will of Islam. Jews, like Christians, were persecuted, because Islam dictates persecution of all non-Muslims!

Summary of my response: Jews lost their homeland to conquest. They continued to return, but the Romans finally removed them nearly completely (although Jewish communities remained throughout history) and changed the name of the country. They were scattered across the globe, mostly to Europe, Russia and the Middle East. In each of these areas there will few minorities, religious or ethnic. The only true minority were the Jews. The Jews were a minority that stuck out. First, with their economic success as a group, esp in lending (many Christians and Muslims didn't believe in lending as a god allowable trade). Second, with their ties to death of christ. Third, to their ALWAYS tiny numbers in every country they remained in.

(1) Their economic success made they the source of envy and jealous, but also an identifiable minority within he community.
(2) Their tiny numbers made the vulnerable and a contingency the governments carried little about.
(3) Their ties to Christ's death made them easily suspectable to outrageous rumors, like the blood libel, control of media, banks and the government, Jews poison the wells etc.
(4) The lack of other identifiable minority groups, made them perfect excuses when things went bad.

Combine these four aspects and you have a reliable target to go after when things go bad like Depressions, plagues or wars!

What homeland? Canaan, which they took by conquest?

Or is it 'different' when Jews do it? Let me guess, that's just how [ethnic] nationalism works...

Forum List

Back