A Rogue Supreme Court

It was the original intent of the Framers that the courts – and ultimately the Supreme Court – would determine what the Constitution means, as authorized by the doctrine of judicial review, and Articles III and VI of the Constitution.

The thread premise fails for the same reason other such 'arguments' from the right fail: the incorrect conservative notion that the Supreme Court in Marbury 'misappropriated' the authority to review Federal, state, and local measures and invalidate those measures repugnant to the Constitution and its case law.

In fact, Colonial courts for well over one hundred years prior to the advent of the Foundation Era were subjecting statutes to judicial review:

"By 1803, as Chief Justice Marshall acknowledged in Marbury, “long and well established” principles answered “the question, whether an act, repugnant to the constitution, can become the law of the land.” Marshall concluded that “a law repugnant to the constitution is void; and that courts . . . are bound by that instrument.” As such, contrary to the traditional account of Marbury, Marshall’s decision did not conjure judicial review out of thin air, but rather affirmed the well-established and long-practiced idea of limited legislative authority in the new context of the federal republic of the United States. In doing so, Marshall recommitted American constitutional law to a practice over four centuries old."

Why We Have Judicial Review

Is that the way the Constitution should be interpreted based on "well established and long-practiced ideas? This whole problem could have been taken care of by the framers simply putting the correct words into the Constitution when writing; why they didn't is a mystery. The irony of some of the justices now demanding to see the words in the Constitution before making a decision when the Court was one of the first to ignore the lack of words, and just declaring they had the power.

Rogue court is right. The second amendment has been twisted and tortured by activists for years, and they finally found same-sex marriage in it. The second amendment deals with ex slaves and their children, period. There is nothing in there about marriage or automatically making an illegal immigrant's child born here an American citizen.

Rogue court is right. The second amendment has been twisted and tortured by activists for years, and they finally found same-sex marriage in it. The second amendment deals with ex slaves and their children, period. There is nothing in there about marriage or automatically making an illegal immigrant's child born here an American citizen.

1. You are incorrect, the SCOTUS found nothing about same-sex marriage in the second amendment.

2. You are incorrect, the second amendment has nothing to do with ex-slaves.

3. You are incorrect, the second amendment has nothing to do with jus soli citizenship

>>>>>

1. You are incorrect, the SCOTUS found nothing about same-sex marriage in the second amendment.

2. You are incorrect, the second amendment has nothing to do with ex-slaves.

3. You are incorrect, the second amendment has nothing to do with jus soli citizenship

>>>>>
Sally Vater is from tierra del fuego.

I smell trolls. Yewwww.
You smell yourself.

Post honestly, Sally.

Oh boy, got a live one here. You really need a good scrubbing and some new clothes. You been panhandling on the corner for a few days, huh.
You think the second amendment has to do with slaves. :lol:
You're confused. The 14th amendment. I'll edit the post. The 14th amendment, excuse me. The 14th amendment has been twisted and tortured by activists for years.

I smell trolls. Yewwww.
You smell yourself.

Post honestly, Sally.

Oh boy, got a live one here. You really need a good scrubbing and some new clothes. You been panhandling on the corner for a few days, huh.
You're confused. The 14th amendmen.
You wrote 2d Amendment elsewhere.

I smell trolls. Yewwww.
You smell yourself.

Post honestly, Sally.

You're confused. The 14th amendmen.
You wrote 2d Amendment elsewhere.
Yes, I meant 14th amendment.

I smell trolls. Yewwww.
You smell yourself.

Post honestly, Sally.

You're confused. The 14th amendment. I'll edit the post. The 14th amendment, excuse me. The 14th amendment has been twisted and tortured by activists for years.
SALLY VATER SAID:
Rogue court is right. The second amendment has been twisted and tortured by activists for years, and they finally found same-sex marriage in it. The second amendment deals with ex slaves and their children, period. There is nothing in there about marriage or automatically making an illegal immigrant's child born here an American citizen. #24 A Rogue Supreme Court | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Last edited:
You're
I smell trolls. Yewwww.
You smell yourself.

Post honestly, Sally.

SALLY VATER SAID:
Rogue court is right. The second amendment has been twisted and tortured by activists for years, and they finally found same-sex marriage in it. The second amendment deals with ex slaves and their children, period. There is nothing in there about marriage or automatically making an illegal immigrant's child born here an American citizen. #24 A Rogue Supreme Court | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Don't ever lie here. We will catch you every time.

You weren't born here and English is not your birth language.

You're a filthy nasty troll.

Then post on the topic, cockroach. Tell us how same-sex marriage and illegal immigrant citizenship by birth are part of the 14th amendment.

Then post on the topic, cockroach. Tell us how same-sex marriage and illegal immigrant citizenship by birth are part of the 14th amendment.
:lol: You have not made a case worth replying to. The law remain standing. Nothing on the horizon indicates at all that trolls will change the current application of the Constitution and the law from which it derives.

Forum List

Back