A Reminder From Our Past...

Nope. That's why early Christians refused to serve in Rome's army. They were following the teachings of Jesus.

Guess you never heard of Crusaders? Gawd, you're too fucking stupid to live. It's no wonder nobody takes you serious
Other than the name what the fuck do you know about the crusades?
She thinks the sand ******* started it, by invading Europe, even though it took the Crusaders three years of travel to get to the Holy Land to fight the invaders.

They did...see you're ignorant. As I said...just too fucking stupid to live. Nobody takes you serious, loon Now run along and troll someone else, I have no patience for your ignorance. Old fool
I have not yet met a libtard that knows that the Crusades were initiated by the Muslims attacking pilgrims to the Holy Land, that the North fired the first shots in the Civil War nor that Greek philosophers using reason alone proved the existence of a Creator hundreds of years before Christianity.

Libtards dont think, they just regurgitate bullshit their handlers tell them.
Talk about regurgitated shit. Reason alone proves nothing.

Guess you never heard of Crusaders? Gawd, you're too fucking stupid to live. It's no wonder nobody takes you serious
She thinks the sand ******* started it, by invading Europe, even though it took the Crusaders three years of travel to get to the Holy Land to fight the invaders.

They did...see you're ignorant. As I said...just too fucking stupid to live. Nobody takes you serious, loon Now run along and troll someone else, I have no patience for your ignorance. Old fool
I have not yet met a libtard that knows that the Crusades were initiated by the Muslims attacking pilgrims to the Holy Land, that the North fired the first shots in the Civil War nor that Greek philosophers using reason alone proved the existence of a Creator hundreds of years before Christianity.

Yep the Crusaders said enough was enough and proceeded to kick Muzzie ass back to where they came from. That's a fact :)
Then why did they lose?

Nope. That's why early Christians refused to serve in Rome's army. They were following the teachings of Jesus.

Yeah, they were invading Europe, from what takes an army three years to march to.

no, idiota... the crusades were not initiated by muslims.

damn, there's just no cure for your stupid....

Anytime you want to debate them bring it on. You and your stupid avatar LMAO
Lol, I get the feeling dawsthedumbass wont be debating you, roflmao

libtards dont do so well when people can answer back.
Are you always this wrong?
Oh that's right you are.

Being a bit of a civil war history buff, I'm interested to hear about the Union firing the first shots.

Little know fact, the first shots of the Civil War did not happen at Ft Sumter on April 12, 1861. The first exchange was three months before when the Star Of The West was sent to resupply Sumter. Cadets from the Citadel fired on it and drove it off after hitting it. It's not known if the Star Of The West fired first or the cadets, accounts differ

Being a bit of a civil war history buff, I'm interested to hear about the Union firing the first shots.

Little know fact, the first shots of the Civil War did not happen at Ft Sumter on April 12, 1861. The first exchange was three months before when the Star Of The West was sent to resupply Sumter. Cadets from the Citadel fired on it and drove it off after hitting it. It's not known if the Star Of The West fired first or the cadets, accounts differ

Bullshit ...link?

At Ft Pickens, a Northern fort that the local Southerners thought should be surrendered tot he Confederacy as it was no longer Union territory, by their estimation.

Union troops fired at the civilians that came to demand the surrender of the fort, clearly indicating an intention to go to war with the South.

Fort Pickens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The union troops firing on Southerners at Ft Pickens on January 8 preceded that engagement.

The union troops firing on Southerners at Ft Pickens on January 8 preceded that engagement.

According your link, yes it did. I wasn't aware of the Ft Pickens incident but it seems the North did fire the first shots. Interesting

Little know fact, the first shots of the Civil War did not happen at Ft Sumter on April 12, 1861. The first exchange was three months before when the Star Of The West was sent to resupply Sumter. Cadets from the Citadel fired on it and drove it off after hitting it. It's not known if the Star Of The West fired first or the cadets, accounts differ.

No, that's only a little known fact to those who only have a public education concerning the civil war. There really isn't much controversy...the cadets fired the first shot. Of course this was before the Confederacy even existed...so it could be said that the Citadel or South Carolina fired the first shots of the Civil War. ;)

The Battle Hymn of the Republic.

Mine eyes have seen the glory
Of the coming of the Lord
He is trampling out the vintage
Where the grapes of wrath are stored
He has loosed the fateful lightening
Of His terrible swift sword
His truth is marching on

I have seen him in the watch-fires
Of a hundred circling camps
They have builded him an altar
In the evening dews and damps
I can read his righteous sentence
By the dim and flaring lamps
His day is marching on

Glory, glory, hallelujah
Glory, glory, hallelujah
Glory, glory, hallelujah
His truth is marching on

I have read a fiery gospel
Writ in burnish`d rows of steel
As ye deal with my condemners
So with you my grace shall deal
Let the hero, born of woman
Crush the serpent with his heel
Since my God is marching on

He has sounded form the trumpet
That shall never call retreat
He is sifting out the hearts of men
Before His judgment-seat
Oh, be swift, my soul
To answer him be jubilant, my feet
Our God is marching on

Glory, glory, hallelujah
Glory, glory, hallelujah
Glory, glory, hallelujah
His truth is marching on
His truth is marching on

Damn, that song still brings tears to my eyes.

lk032715dBP.jpg

The Great General Sherman should have continued this all over the south, America would have to be dealing with these vermin today if he did

Little know fact, the first shots of the Civil War did not happen at Ft Sumter on April 12, 1861. The first exchange was three months before when the Star Of The West was sent to resupply Sumter. Cadets from the Citadel fired on it and drove it off after hitting it. It's not known if the Star Of The West fired first or the cadets, accounts differ.

No, that's only a little known fact to those who only have a public education concerning the civil war. There really isn't much controversy...the cadets fired the first shot. Of course this was before the Confederacy even existed...so it could be said that the Citadel or South Carolina fired the first shots of the Civil War. ;)

It's all for nothing it seems the North fired first at Ft Pickens. What difference does it make anyway? The Civil War was going to be fought no matter what, it was in place to happen

The Battle Hymn of the Republic.

Mine eyes have seen the glory
Of the coming of the Lord
He is trampling out the vintage
Where the grapes of wrath are stored
He has loosed the fateful lightening
Of His terrible swift sword
His truth is marching on

I have seen him in the watch-fires
Of a hundred circling camps
They have builded him an altar
In the evening dews and damps
I can read his righteous sentence
By the dim and flaring lamps
His day is marching on

Glory, glory, hallelujah
Glory, glory, hallelujah
Glory, glory, hallelujah
His truth is marching on

I have read a fiery gospel
Writ in burnish`d rows of steel
As ye deal with my condemners
So with you my grace shall deal
Let the hero, born of woman
Crush the serpent with his heel
Since my God is marching on

He has sounded form the trumpet
That shall never call retreat
He is sifting out the hearts of men
Before His judgment-seat
Oh, be swift, my soul
To answer him be jubilant, my feet
Our God is marching on

Glory, glory, hallelujah
Glory, glory, hallelujah
Glory, glory, hallelujah
His truth is marching on
His truth is marching on

There is no such thing is a Christian Soldier. It's impossible. One or the other, never both.

Well, PMH is here on cue to shit on a great thread.

The Great General Sherman should have continued this all over the south, America would have to be dealing with these vermin today if he did

More of that Hate Whitey bullshit coming out of you, Guano?

Color me 'Not Surprised'.

At Ft Pickens, a Northern fort that the local Southerners thought should be surrendered tot he Confederacy as it was no longer Union territory, by their estimation.

Union troops fired at the civilians that came to demand the surrender of the fort, clearly indicating an intention to go to war with the South.

Fort Pickens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One small problem with that. Florida did not secede from the Union until January 10, 1861, two days after this incident happened.

There were a lot of similar incidents, some recorded, some not, that "could" be considered the first shots of the civil war....the Star of the West incident being another that is often quoted. The accepted first shots are still Ft Sumter, which unlike the others, occurred after the Confederacy was formed in February of 1861.

It's all for nothing it seems the North fired first at Ft Pickens. What difference does it make anyway? The Civil War was going to be fought no matter what, it was in place to happen

See my reply to Ft. Pickens. A required criteria, at least to historians, would be the existence of the Confederacy, which did not form until February 1861. There are some who claim that John Brown's raid were the first shots...one could make a case for many incidents, which is why some standard criteria is applied. ;)

Forum List

Back