A REAL threat to the planet.

Real scientists in the business of actually making real assessments of the dangers to our civilization rank global warming far higher than the possibility of a major meteor impact. I do believe I will go with them rather than a bunch of non-entities on an internet message board.

Of course they do. How else could a lazy jackass like Mann amass a fortune of 30 million dollars on a normal academics salary?:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Probably because he is one hell of a lot smarter man than you are, you poor envious little parasite.:lol:

Real scientists in the business of actually making real assessments of the dangers to our civilization rank global warming far higher than the possibility of a major meteor impact. I do believe I will go with them rather than a bunch of non-entities on an internet message board.

Of course they do. How else could a lazy jackass like Mann amass a fortune of 30 million dollars on a normal academics salary?:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Probably because he is one hell of a lot smarter man than you are, you poor envious little parasite.:lol:

Yes AGW has become the cash cow in the scientific world that is why so many "scientists" uphold this church. They know it has been debunked, but why admit to it when you milk governments and organizations that are still pushing their agendas.

One thing is for sure that Trillions have been spent in the futile pursuit to push AGW on the masses.

And through all of this, these same scientists still don't a clue on the climate actually works.

Hey, westwind...How about supporting some decent funding for our space program. That might help us defend our selves from this threat. ;)

I agree. Pull most of the funding from the climate fraudsters and put it wholesale into the space program. In the long run a healthy space program is the only thing that can get us off of this rock. We need to get to the stars.

Libtards and frauds are keeping us from getting there.

Not hardly. I despise the fact that a piss poor individual like mann can rip off the people of this country thus is the real parasite.

Hey, westwind...How about supporting some decent funding for our space program. That might help us defend our selves from this threat. ;)

I agree. Pull most of the funding from the climate fraudsters and put it wholesale into the space program. In the long run a healthy space program is the only thing that can get us off of this rock. We need to get to the stars.

I've got a better idea. Shove a pipe up your arse and connect it to the new SLS. With the amount of wasted gas up your arse, we could get to Mars in less than a month.

Not hardly. I despise the fact that a piss poor individual like mann can rip off the people of this country thus is the real parasite.

As your sig. points out:

"He who asserts must also prove" Aristotle

Well?

I've got a better idea. Shove a pipe up your arse and connect it to the new SLS. With the amount of wasted gas up your arse, we could get to Mars in less than a month.

And the real anti-science denier opens his trap....and reinforces the fact that he's an anti-science denier!:lol::lol::lol:

What a clown...

I wish we could give nasa 10-20 billion more to figure out a way to stop asteroids.

Would be a wise investment...

Oh, I think the return on investment for 50 to 100 billion would be a hell of a lot greater.

You think way too small.

I wish we could give nasa 10-20 billion more to figure out a way to stop asteroids.

Would be a wise investment...

The private sector doesn't have to wait on Congress and politics. The threat is real enough that those former Astronauts and capitalists mentioned in the article I posted will probably succeed in launching at least a better detection capability.

Interdiction and defense might be better handled with an International effort like for the Space Station.. Unless we believe that China or India could now do a better job than we can. I'd be embarrassed if China had to save the planet. But I'd get over it..

(unless it was N. Korea)

I think the difference between climate change and meteor impacts is we can do something about climate change. No existng technology can effect a big rock with only a few days delay between discovery and impact. Nuclear weapons detonated in space don't do the same things they do inside an atmosphere (no shock wave since no air molecules, no thermal effect (same reason,) just a lot of hard radiation which doesn't do anything to a rock anyway, plus the EMP effect on the ground may do more damage than loosing a city would have caused.) And once it's inside the atmosphere it's too late.

Until governments with the means to create space based interceptor technologies actually do so we're just rolling the dice the half-dozen or so meteors hitting the planet's atmospehre every single day don't do any damage.

SpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, and near-Earth asteroids
Solar activity, NEO detection, and daily meteor 'fireball' tracking. Fair warning, if ignorance is bliss, don't look. :)

Forum List

Back