A question for pro-lifers...

Simply because I dont agree with someones position, doesnt mean I dont want to understand it, or perhaps give someone pause to realize their position is a tad hypocritical.

Me and my ilk? Didnt you just chastise someone for presuming to know you?

If you truly wanted to understand anything the title of your thread would be something along the lines of, "Are there exceptions in your mind as to when abortion should be a viable option for a woman? If so what are they and why?"

Instead you threw out some talking point implying that "pro lifers" are rigid in their beliefs and expect all the answers you receive to fall in line with that talking point.

Pro-lifers, should be rigid in their beliefs. Thats what I dont get. If you think a fetus is a baby, what possible reason( except obviously the life of the mother/fetus) could be acceptable for killing that baby?

Who are you to tell a pro lifer what they should believe about life when life is expendable as far as you are concerned?

If you don't believe a fetus is a baby, why would you care if a politician is cool with abortion for any reason, could it be you are trying to pigeon hole some on this forum?

You and your ilk's mantra of "what about rape incest and health of the mother?", becomes main stream, and yet that is the very thing you are trying to pigeon hole everyone on? Please, you could not be more apparent
Simply because I dont agree with someones position, doesnt mean I dont want to understand it, or perhaps give someone pause to realize their position is a tad hypocritical.

Not just now, but yes recently. For saying that pro lifers only care about a fetus, but not the baby. The poster has no clue what I do in real life. I am basing what I said to you on what you said here.

Oh really? And the post where I called you evil and said you dont care about life is ... Where?

Not just now, but yes recently. For saying that pro lifers only care about a fetus, but not the baby. The poster has no clue what I do in real life. I am basing what I said to you on what you said here.

Oh really? Andthe post where I called you evil and said you dont care about life is ... Where?

Look I have seen this game enough. Stop with the semantics.

If you truly wanted to understand anything the title of your thread would be something along the lines of, "Are there exceptions in your mind as to when abortion should be a viable option for a woman? If so what are they and why?"

Instead you threw out some talking point implying that "pro lifers" are rigid in their beliefs and expect all the answers you receive to fall in line with that talking point.

Pro-lifers, should be rigid in their beliefs. Thats what I dont get. If you think a fetus is a baby, what possible reason( except obviously the life of the mother/fetus) could be acceptable for killing that baby?

Who are you to tell a pro lifer what they should believe about life when life is expendable as far as you are concerned?

Did you read the bolded part?

Oh really? Andthe post where I called you evil and said you dont care about life is ... Where?

If you didnt want to discuss the topic, because youve "been down this road before" why did you post?

Did you read the bolded part?

True liberal form. You don't get it --- and you never will...

I know rape based abortion is rare. Im not trying to use it to argue abortion should be legal. I dont care if its 200 a year, or 2,000. My op is....If you feel that a fetus is a baby, why is it ok to murder that baby depending on how it was conceived?

Do you feel it is ok? And if you do, why is it not OK for a politician?

I am pro-choice. I dont believe a fetus is a baby.
I am pro-choice. I don't believe a fetus is a person. One that is less than 25 weeks old that is.

Face it tool.
We don't all fit in the little boxes people like you like to cram everyone into.
End Of Thread...

Again, this is the part I dont get. We are not discussing taxes, prostitution or the war on drugs. If your position is abortion is the murder of an innocent baby, how can you have "acceptable murder"?

If you didnt want to discuss the topic, because youve "been down this road before" why did you post?

Because I always hope that a person is being sincere. When I saw it was the typical political agenda, to use the tragedy of many and the victims of rape for that agenda...well the rest is history. You are not worth my spit

Gotta love liberals -

A baby growing in a mothers womb isn't considered life - but let their 'scientists' find an one cell organism on Mars. They wuld be screaming from mountain tops about how they have found life in the universe!!

Hypocrites!! pathetic!

So, maybe the central question is whether or not a fetus should have the same right to life before it is born as it will after. Some say no. Question for them: Do we want to permit an abortion 10 minutes before birth? That's kinda hard to swallow for me. No, you say, that would be murder and barbaric. I agree, but at what point then do we say that an unborn fetus loses it's right to life? What's different then from 5 minutes later when it now has that right?

So, maybe the central question is whether or not a fetus should have the same right to life before it is born as it will after. Some say no. Question for them: Do we want to permit an abortion 10 minutes before birth? That's kinda hard to swallow for me. No, you say, that would be murder and barbaric. I agree, but at what point then do we say that an unborn fetus loses it's right to life? What's different then from 5 minutes later when it now has that right?

The current standard is within the first trimester, unless there is a grave risk to the mother's life in carrying it to term.

Gotta love liberals -

A baby growing in a mothers womb isn't considered life - but let their 'scientists' find an one cell organism on Mars. They wuld be screaming from mountain tops about how they have found life in the universe!!

Hypocrites!! pathetic!

We did find life on mars. Sadly Curiosity killed it upon landing, and NASA is trying to find another specimen to confirm that it was, in fact,

a cat.

As far as I've seen, most people who identify as "pro-life" are actually only pro fetus, and that for spurious reasons. They give a shit less about what happens to life once its born, except to deny its need and right to community investment.

And you know this by posting on an internet message board?

You know nothing about me outside this forum, and dare I say, about anyone else on this forum

I wasn't posting to you, specifically, but if the shoe pinches, you own it.

We live in a Nation of LAWS. I can believe that abortion is murder but accept that barring a miracle it will remain the law of the land. Within that constraint I can articulate when and why it should be allowed based on the law.

I accomplish nothing if I demand that abortion be outlawed in the current political climate. But reality is that I can chip away at the more egregious issues. a 20 week deadline and a desire that abortion not be the act of a lazy slob that couldn't be bothered with practicing safe sex and refuses to own up to their actions and responsibilities. Within those confines since the law states they can have abortions ON DEMAND I would counsel AGAINST abortion in any case except the health of the mother.

I believe we can legally limit the time frame to 20 weeks and we can eventually remove the ON DEMAND part as well. Further I believe that once that is accomplished it may be possible to get even more done to change the law.

Abortion is legal murder. Until the law changes it remains legal. Small changes are easier then large changes.

It is a legitimate question, especially considering so many pro abortionists base so much of their argument on the one in a million case of rape or incest.

I know rape based abortion is rare. Im not trying to use it to argue abortion should be legal. I dont care if its 200 a year, or 2,000. My op is....If you feel that a fetus is a baby, why is it ok to murder that baby depending on how it was conceived?

Because a pregnancy resulting from rape or incest is in fact the result of a personal attack and as such has NOTHING to do with the woman's irresponsibility or laziness.
These cases are different than using abortion as a form of birth control which believe it or not, is what so many of us oppose.
Which is why so many women scream a collective fuck off, to those who mean to compel those they have no means to produce and no intention to support.

Do you support abortion in the case of rape/incest victims, and can you explain why you do( if you do).

Edit to add- I'm just curious where pro-life people fall on the life scale.

Rape does not justify abortion. Or, as Paul Ryan put it, the method of contraception does not change the definition of life.

Forum List

Back