A question for pro-lifers...

As far as I've seen, most people who identify as "pro-life" are actually only pro fetus, and that for spurious reasons. They give a shit less about what happens to life once its born, except to deny its need and right to community investment.

And you know this by posting on an internet message board?

You know nothing about me outside this forum, and dare I say, about anyone else on this forum

Do you support abortion in the case of rape/incest victims, and can you explain why you do( if you do).

Edit to add- I'm just curious where pro-life people fall on the life scale.

Do you have ANY viable statistics on the number pregnancies, per year, caused by rape/incest.

You "pro-death" people apparently believe that there are THOUSANDS of pregnancies caused every year as the result of rape/incest.

You would be WRONG.

Did you mean to quote me? Because you just ranted without responding to anything I said.

As far as I've seen, most people who identify as "pro-life" are actually only pro fetus, and that for spurious reasons. They give a shit less about what happens to life once its born, except to deny its need and right to community investment.

I wouldnt say most, however I think there are people who are pro-life and there are people who are anti-abortion.

Because I feel compassion for someone trying to raise a child that is mentally or physically handicapped...or one of their lives is in danger...no one should be forced to live with that they can never be a productive member of society. Incest well hell the kid would be screwed up for life same with a rapists baby...I don't agree with murdering a healthy child if you don't want it give it up for adoption...

There is nothing that would suggest a child from rape or incest would be unhealthy.

True but those are not cases of irresponsibility or laziness on the part of the woman demanding to be responsible for her own body.
I think the entire premise of this thread is made of straw. ;)

Before, during and after, the slaughtered are being exploited. As well as the victims of rape. It sickens me.

Last edited:
Do you support abortion in the case of rape/incest victims, and can you explain why you do( if you do).

Edit to add- I'm just curious where pro-life people fall on the life scale.

Do you have ANY viable statistics on the number pregnancies, per year, caused by rape/incest.

You "pro-death" people apparently believe that there are THOUSANDS of pregnancies caused every year as the result of rape/incest.

You would be WRONG.

Did you mean to quote me? Because you just ranted without responding to anything I said.

It is a legitimate question, especially considering so many pro abortionists base so much of their argument on the one in a million case of rape or incest.

As in, I don't have the right to kill you, and you don't have the right to kill me.

How would an embryo less than 20 weeks old – an entity that can neither think nor speak – petition a court to enjoin its mother from seeking an abortion?

The only way for your position to have any legal merit is to advocate a comprehensive ban of abortion, from conception to delivery.

Is that indeed your position?

Could a 6 month old baby petition to not be murdered?

That doesn’t make any sense.

A baby doesn’t depend solely on its mother at that point, it’s legally a person, unlike a fetus or embryo.

Prior to birth, should the ‘unborn’ and mother have the same rights, there’s no other choice but to force the mother to maintain a pregnancy she doesn’t want, violating her right to privacy.

There is no logical, consistent, or legal solution to the ‘unborn’ and mother having ‘equal rights’ – it’s Constitutionally impossible.

Consequently one can only assume your position is abortion should be banned by the state, from conception to birth.

The vast majority of abortions come from the unwillingness of people to be responsible for their actions. It's pathetic... murder in the name of selfishness.

It is right in line with everything the democratic party stands for.... We should do whatever we want and we should never be held accountable - and nobody should force us to be responsible because everyone is just out to get us!!

Secular America just worshiping themselves. What a sad bunch of people.

Because I feel compassion for someone trying to raise a child that is mentally or physically handicapped...or one of their lives is in danger...no one should be forced to live with that they can never be a productive member of society. Incest well hell the kid would be screwed up for life same with a rapists baby...I don't agree with murdering a healthy child if you don't want it give it up for adoption...

There is nothing that would suggest a child from rape or incest would be unhealthy.

True but those are not cases of irresponsibility or laziness on the part of the woman demanding to be responsible for her own body.
I think the entire premise of this thread is made of straw. ;)
How so? Most pro-life politicans say they make exception for rape and incest.

How would an embryo less than 20 weeks old – an entity that can neither think nor speak – petition a court to enjoin its mother from seeking an abortion?

The only way for your position to have any legal merit is to advocate a comprehensive ban of abortion, from conception to delivery.

A baby doesn’t depend solely on its mother at that point, it’s legally a person, unlike a fetus or embryo.

Prior to birth, should the ‘unborn’ and mother have the same rights, there’s no other choice but to force the mother to maintain a pregnancy she doesn’t want, violating her right to privacy.

There is no logical, consistent, or legal solution to the ‘unborn’ and mother having ‘equal rights’ – it’s Constitutionally impossible.

Consequently one can only assume your position is abortion should be banned by the state, from conception to birth.

are you really this stupid?

that's a rhetorical question

I dont want to argue whether a fetus is a baby ,frankly because I dont think it is. However, the premise of the thread is, if you accept that a fetus is a baby, why is abortion acceptable in the cases of rape/incest.

You would be WRONG.

It is a legitimate question, especially considering so many pro abortionists base so much of their argument on the one in a million case of rape or incest.

I know rape based abortion is rare. Im not trying to use it to argue abortion should be legal. I dont care if its 200 a year, or 2,000. My op is....If you feel that a fetus is a baby, why is it ok to murder that baby depending on how it was conceived?

The vast majority of abortions come from the unwillingness of people to be responsible for their actions. It's pathetic... murder in the name of selfishness.

It is right in line with everything the democratic party stands for.... We should do whatever we want and we should never be held accountable - and nobody should force us to be responsible because everyone is just out to get us!!

Secular America just worshiping themselves. What a sad bunch of people.

That's what the left doesn't want to get. In fact, they don't want others to get that fact either.
They seem perfectly good with boiling all issues down to some tiny rhetorical morsel that the masses can easily wrap their tiny minds around and digest.
On this particular issue the narrative is one of the over intrusive goody two shoes conservative Christian attempting to call the shots for women. Don't attempt to explain your position further because if you're "pro life", there's only one box in which you fit.

It's the same shit with illegal immigration and the left's insistence that the "illegal" part be omitted from the debate. Boom! Another opportunity to marginalize the opposition as small minded radicals and "the debate is over".

In regard to gay rights you can support civil unions all you like but once you're identified as having such views, you're hit with a full court press for "gay marriage" and nothing less and if you oppose, you're a bigot.

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

I dont want to argue whether a fetus is a baby ,frankly because I dont think it is. However, the premise of the thread is, if you accept that a fetus is a baby, why is abortion acceptable in the cases of rape/incest.

I have tried to answer this for you, but for some odd reason you ignored it. Could it be it may be an answer to why some people as well as some politicians thinks it may be acceptable?

I think using rape and incest victims as human shields to cover up the million-plus abortions each year is a sickening tactic.

Less than one percent of abortions are the result of rape and incest, and yet pro-choicers will use these people who have been subjected to the most vile crimes as a deflection. They simply have no shame.

Let's talk about the million-plus abortions instead.

Getting pregnant when you have a CHOICE not to get pregnant, unlike a rape or incest victim, is irresponsible. Don't be dragging crime victims into the picture to hide that fact.

Typically I agree, I prefer when discussing a topic to talk about the norm and not the exception. However I'm not really looking to debate abortion so much as curious about why exceptions like rape are made.

I do not make that exception, but I know many do. Maybe they feel the need to help erase the wrong done to the woman. You know what they say about what the road to hell is paved with, right?

I think you want a non answer to fit your politics and your agenda, eh?

I know rape based abortion is rare. Im not trying to use it to argue abortion should be legal. I dont care if its 200 a year, or 2,000. My op is....If you feel that a fetus is a baby, why is it ok to murder that baby depending on how it was conceived?

Because a pregnancy resulting from rape or incest is in fact the result of a personal attack and as such has NOTHING to do with the woman's irresponsibility or laziness.
These cases are different than using abortion as a form of birth control which believe it or not, is what so many of us oppose.

Do you feel it is ok? And if you do, why is it not OK for a politician?

I have tried to answer this for you, but for some odd reason you ignored it. Could it be it may be an answer to why some people as well as some politicians thinks it may be acceptable?

Typically I agree, I prefer when discussing a topic to talk about the norm and not the exception. However I'm not really looking to debate abortion so much as curious about why exceptions like rape are made.

I do not make that exception, but I know many do. Maybe they feel the need to help erase the wrong done to the woman. You know what they say about what the road to hell is paved with, right?

I think you want a non answer to fit your politics and your agenda, eh?

Your response boiled down to "because people feel bad for the woman." I dont accept that as a vaild reasoning. I feel bad for vicitms of lots of crimes, I dont allow them to murder an inncoent preson because they were a victim of a crime.

Because a pregnancy resulting from rape or incest is in fact the result of a personal attack and as such has NOTHING to do with the woman's irresponsibility or laziness.
These cases are different than using abortion as a form of birth control which believe it or not, is what so many of us oppose.
So you dont feel abortion is murder?

the vast majority of abortions come from the unwillingness of people to be responsible for their actions. It's pathetic... Murder in the name of selfishness.

Secular america just worshiping themselves. What a sad bunch of people.

that's what the left doesn't want to get. In fact, they don't want others to get that fact either.
They seem perfectly good with boiling all issues down to some tiny rhetorical morsel that the masses can easily wrap their tiny minds around and digest.
On this particular issue the narrative is one of the over intrusive goody two shoes conservative christian attempting to call the shots for women. Don't attempt to explain your position further because if you're "pro life", there's only one box in which you fit.

It's the same shit with illegal immigration and the left's insistence that the "illegal" part be omitted from the debate. Boom! Another opportunity to marginalize the opposition as small minded radicals and "the debate is over".

In regard to gay rights you can support civil unions all you like but once you're identified as having such views, you're hit with a full court press for "gay marriage" and nothing less and if you oppose, you're a bigot.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

amen!!!!

Do you feel it is ok? And if you do, why is it not OK for a politician?

I am pro-choice. I dont believe a fetus is a baby.

Forum List

Back