A question for pro-lifers...

I think using rape and incest victims as human shields to cover up the million-plus abortions each year is a sickening tactic.

Less than one percent of abortions are the result of rape and incest, and yet pro-choicers will use these people who have been subjected to the most vile crimes as a deflection. They simply have no shame.

Let's talk about the million-plus abortions instead.

Getting pregnant when you have a CHOICE not to get pregnant, unlike a rape or incest victim, is irresponsible. Don't be dragging crime victims into the picture to hide that fact.

Typically I agree, I prefer when discussing a topic to talk about the norm and not the exception. However I'm not really looking to debate abortion so much as curious about why exceptions like rape are made.

Herein lies the problem Amy.
You're clearly incapable of understanding anything less than a one size fits all, blanket solution to problems.

And for the record, did you just say that abortion is the act of murdering a human being?
So what's with your "exceptions"?

I know rape based abortion is rare. Im not trying to use it to argue abortion should be legal. I dont care if its 200 a year, or 2,000. My op is....If you feel that a fetus is a baby, why is it ok to murder that baby depending on how it was conceived?

Do you feel it is ok? And if you do, why is it not OK for a politician?

I am pro-choice. I dont believe a fetus is a baby.

...and you believe that tax payers should invest in covering up the mistakes of people who refuse to be accoutable for their own actions...

I think using rape and incest victims as human shields to cover up the million-plus abortions each year is a sickening tactic.

Less than one percent of abortions are the result of rape and incest, and yet pro-choicers will use these people who have been subjected to the most vile crimes as a deflection. They simply have no shame.

Let's talk about the million-plus abortions instead.

Getting pregnant when you have a CHOICE not to get pregnant, unlike a rape or incest victim, is irresponsible. Don't be dragging crime victims into the picture to hide that fact.

Typically I agree, I prefer when discussing a topic to talk about the norm and not the exception. However I'm not really looking to debate abortion so much as curious about why exceptions like rape are made.

You're clearly incapable of understanding anything less than a one size fits all, blanket solution to problems.

And for the record, did you just say that abortion is the act of murdering a human being?

Perhaps that is my issue. It couldnt be that some people are unwilling to admit that they arent pro-life, they just dont want women to have abortions.

Time is certainly an element in the case and the wheels of justice turn slowly but if the legal system can adjudicate the fact that the woman was the victim of rape and/or incest I would certainly authorize the termination of the life of the unborn child with the woman's permission.

I know rape based abortion is rare. Im not trying to use it to argue abortion should be legal. I dont care if its 200 a year, or 2,000. My op is....If you feel that a fetus is a baby, why is it ok to murder that baby depending on how it was conceived?

If you don't believe a fetus is a baby, why would you care if a politician is cool with abortion for any reason, could it be you are trying to pigeon hole some on this forum?

You and your ilk's mantra of "what about rape incest and health of the mother?", becomes main stream, and yet that is the very thing you are trying to pigeon hole everyone on? Please, you could not be more apparent

Perhaps that is my issue. It couldnt be that some people are unwilling to admit that they arent pro-life, they just dont want women to have abortions.

You've been handed several explanations from several posters for their positions on the issue.
Face it Amy, your straw argument is virtually baseless and will not get you the answer you want unless you run it past the 1 in a million pro lifer on which it's based.

If you don't believe a fetus is a baby, why would you care if a politician is cool with abortion for any reason, could it be you are trying to pigeon hole some on this forum?

You and your ilk's mantra of "what about rape incest and health of the mother?", becomes main stream, and yet that is the very thing you are trying to pigeon hole everyone on? Please, you could not be more apparent
Simply because I dont agree with someones position, doesnt mean I dont want to understand it, or perhaps give someone pause to realize their position is a tad hypocritical.

Me and my ilk? Didnt you just chastise someone for presuming to know you?

Last edited:

Simply because I dont agree with someones position, doesnt mean I dont want to understand it, or perhaps give someone pause to realize their positon is a tad hypcriticle.

What is to understand? You think I am evil because I am pro-life, I know you are because you do not care about life, only that you care about your little agenda, and trying to show that some pro life politicians also have bought the lie. Big deal.

Now can you find another victim of a heinous crime to exploit for political purposes?

You've been handed several explanations from several posters for their positions on the issue.
Face it Amy, your straw argument is virtually baseless and will not get you the answer you want unless you run it past the 1 in a million pro lifer on which it's based.

Do you even know what a straw man arugment is?

So far, ive had 1 poster say its his position because only healthy babies deserve to live, a few say its not their positon but they understand it, and one say its not their positon but perhaps people feel bad for the woman. Oh and you, who have basiclly admitted you dont think abortion is murder, you just dont want women using it as birth control.

Simply because I dont agree with someones position, doesnt mean I dont want to understand it, or perhaps give someone pause to realize their position is a tad hypocritical.

If you truly wanted to understand anything the title of your thread would be something along the lines of, "Are there exceptions in your mind as to when abortion should be a viable option for a woman? If so what are they and why?"

Instead you threw out some talking point implying that "pro lifers" are rigid in their beliefs and expect all the answers you receive to fall in line with that talking point.

If you truly wanted to understand anything the title of your thread would be something along the lines of, "Are there exceptions in your mind as to when abortion should be a viable option for a woman? If so what are they and why?"

Instead you threw out some talking point implying that "pro lifers" are rigid in their beliefs and expect all the answers you receive to fall in line with that talking point.

That is the liberal way!!

Simply because I dont agree with someones position, doesnt mean I dont want to understand it, or perhaps give someone pause to realize their positon is a tad hypcriticle.

What is to understand? You think I am evil because I am pro-life, I know you are because you do not care about life, only that you care about your little agenda, and trying to show that some pro life politicians also have bought the lie. Big deal.

Now can you find another victim of a heinous crime to exploit for political purposes?

No.

Everything you just said, is you projecting, and has nothing to do with anything I've said in this thread.

Do you even know what a straw man arugment is?

So far, ive had 1 poster say its his position because only healthy babies deserve to live, a few say its not their positon but they understand it, and one say its not their positon but perhaps people feel bad for the woman. Oh and you, who have basiclly admitted you dont think abortion is murder, you just dont want women using it as birth control.

And don't forget YOU who says she's pro abortion despite your own admission that abortion is murder.

Perhaps you should attempt to work out your own issues rather than using others to attempt to feel better about them.

Not just now, but yes recently. For saying that pro lifers only care about a fetus, but not the baby. The poster has no clue what I do in real life. I am basing what I said to you on what you said here.

Last edited:

No.

Everything you just said, is you projecting, and has nothing to do with anything I've said in this thread.

Right :eusa_hand:

Pro-lifers, should be rigid in their beliefs. Thats what I dont get. If you think a fetus is a baby, what possible reason( except obviously the life of the mother/fetus) could be acceptable for killing that baby?

Pro-lifers, should be rigid in their beliefs. Thats what I dont get. If you think a fetus is a baby, what possible reason( except obviously the life of the mother/fetus) could be acceptable for killing that baby?

Face it tool.
We don't all fit in the little boxes people like you like to cram everyone into.
End Of Thread...

Forum List

Back