A question for Dems about the TEA Party

What is it about the TEA Party ideology that you don't like?

Whatever your answers may be, please provide some kind of source for your assertions.

1. The TEA Party was formed immediately after the election of President Obama and was clearly due to outrage over a black liberal President.
Wrong. History of the Tea Party Movement - A Timeline History of the Tea Party Movement

Wrong again. See above.

Historical American standards are NO income tax. The IRS and the income tax are less than 100 years old.

You can 'tax the rich' at 100% and confiscate EVERY PENNY they have, it will give you enough money to run the government for a whole 9 months. We MUST DRASTICALLY cut spending.

If Libertarians had taken over the Republican Party Ron Paul would've been the nominee.

The TEA Party is NOT trying to "destroy the Federal government". They simply want it to return to it's Constitutional limits. You do realize that the Constitution LIMITS the government, don't you?

The debt is what threatens America's financial health.

In short, the TEA party seems to be a political front for the goals of the KKK.
Total bullshit, but not surprising that you would use that canard.

I've been friends with members of the KKK - they're fun guys to party with - but I severely disagree with their views on racial issues and with their anti-federal sentiments. I also disagree with their extreme chauvinistic views towards women - though most of the women they associated with seemed to like being treated that way.

In the case of the TEA Party, where there's smoke there's a burning cross!
You'll need to come up with something a little more substantive than your own OPINION to convince me of that. You know, something FACTUAL.

I swear all these forums are the same. Dont try and claim the tea party that started under ron paul is the same tea party that showed up one minute after the first Black President was sworn in. They are not.

They didn't even vote for him in the primaries.
Also this

Wolf Blitzer | Tea Party Debate | Cheer Let Him Die | Mediaite

4995.jpg

Tell me Dante, what is it about that sign that bothers you?

Is it simply the use of the misspelled '******', or is it the correct observation that we are ALL slaves to the whims of an ever more powerful government?

ETA: Do you feel that the use of the term '******' in this instance is a racial one, or a comparative one?

The 9/11 twoofer becomes more and more unhinged everyday. Good.

It's good to see that you're consistent in avoiding a direct answer to a direct question.

Whatever your answers may be, please provide some kind of source for your assertions.

Easy, the fact most of the folks in the TEA party voted for Bush and didn't give a damn Bush ran up the debt until the guy in the White House running up the debt had a "D" next to his name.

The folks that were pro-small government under Bush, them I respect. The Johnny Come Lately's all can stick it.

Easy, the fact most of the folks in the TEA party voted for Bush and didn't give a damn Bush ran up the debt until the guy in the White House running up the debt had a "D" next to his name.

The folks that were pro-small government under Bush, them I respect. The Johnny Come Lately's all can stick it.

limbaughs tea party has helped my great President

What do I hate about the Tea Party?

That they somehow look at themselves as Patriots. They are an insult to the term. A patriot is willing to give up everything for a cause. To make a personal sacrifice for the good of all
Tea Baggers are unwilling to give up anything. They do not offer up cuts in the programs that help them.....Social Security, Medicare, Veterans Benefits. They only want the poor to sacrifice. They are far from Patriots, they are just self serving morans who do not want to contribute to our society

Ahhh. Then you're saying there are no patriots on the left...because they want OTHER people to sacrifice, not themselves.

Liberals are very generous. They'll give you the shirt off someone else's back.

Sure they are :lmao: I heard this was at a tea party rally after they found out Obama won the election.

These were found littering the scene,..

0d0c19531d6e29f793ed165732978408.jpg

Hey thanks for posting even more evidence of the racist bitches that are the tea party.

Only two of those images can even remotely be called racist. The others aren't.

Dumbass.

2 is 1 more than is necessary, and your post implies the image is accurate.

Dumbass.

The tea party has no ideology. They are bush loving racist who love limbaugh and fox news supported by plutocrats. They actually want a king with them as nobles and us as serfs. And don't come with the tax BS. If that was true they would have protested and wore those stupid hats with racist signs long before two days after Obama is inaugurated

Proof that there is a media problem in this country.

OK. 10 pages later...

The TEA Party started as a vehicle to support the Ron Paul agenda of reducing our ever-increasing monstrosity of a Federal government run amok. We were not then nor are we now 'Bushbots'. We opposed Medicare Part D, No Child Left Behind, military adventurism, the war in Iraq, the Patriot Act and many other Federal incursions on personal liberty and responsibility.

With that said, I have no problem admitting and bemoaning the fact that this popular, grass roots movement has been co-opted by the Republican Party in an effort to stifle it's obvious power to generate a true 3rd party movement that would unite fiscal conservatives and social liberals (read: Libertarians) into a power strong enough to topple the two party duopoly that has strangled America for the last 100 years.

It would be my hope that thinking people from both sides of the political spectrum would look a little deeper into the roots of the TEA Party and reject the false narratives being pushed by BOTH establishment parties. If there is to be an American Renaissance, it must come from those of us who are willing to think outside of the political box we have been herded into.

I think it is obvious that anything less is nothing more than rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Thanks for participating.

If there is to be an American Renaissance, it must come from those of us who are willing to think outside of the political box we have been herded into.

That doesn't mean it has to be within the deeply flawed Republican version of Occupy Wall Street.

Negged for daving and being a whiny butthurt bitch.

The people in your photo are Democrats, not TEA Partiers, asshole.

Sure they are :lmao: I heard this was at a tea party rally after they found out Obama won the election.

These were found littering the scene,..

0d0c19531d6e29f793ed165732978408.jpg

Let's take these one at a time, shall we?

1.) Obamacare = Fascism
If fascism is the marriage of corporations and the state, why wouldn't a government takeover of 1/6 of our TOTAL economy qualify?

2.) Bury Obamacare with Kennedy
I don't see any reason for you to get all butthurt over that one. Over 50% of Americans want to do just that.

3.) Come and Take it
If this one bothers you it can only be because you have an issue with the 2nd Amendment. Get over it.

4.) Excuse me, we ARE a Christian Nation
78.4% of Americans claim to be Christian. Deal with it.

5.) Witchdoctor
This is the one you all think is 'racist'. How you cannot see that it is a statement on Obamacare is beyond me, but it is obvious to anyone that looks beyond the superficial.

6.) Obama = Anti-Christ
Yeah, it's over the top, but since when has our politics NOT been?

7.) Don't tread on me
Why you would have a problem with the Gadsden flag escapes me. Americans have NEVER supported a government that abuses it's citizens until RECENTLY.

8.) Stars and Bars
Conservatives see this as a states rights icon, Liberals see it as support for slavery. Your mileage may vary.

If there is to be an American Renaissance, it must come from those of us who are willing to think outside of the political box we have been herded into.

That doesn't mean it has to be within the deeply flawed Republican version of Occupy Wall Street.

Agreed, which is why I pointed out that the TEA Party had been co-opted.

The ideology behind it's FORMATION is what is important, and what we need to rally around.

8.) Stars and Bars
Conservatives see this as a states rights icon, Liberals see it as support for slavery. Your mileage may vary.

Learn your flags. That's the confederate battle flag, big guy. Stars and Bars looks like this:

starsbars.gif

At one time the Tea Party was a "grass roots" movement..

Then it was taken hostage by huge PACs orchestrated by people like the Koch brothers and Karl Rove.

One of the planks of the Tea Party was to stop "business as usual" in Washington, however Citizens United forced one of the biggest "business as usual" supreme court rulings on the back of the Tea Party.

Perhaps the members of the Tea Party may not agree with this, but the movers and the shakers are all crony politicians at best.

Then there is the whole wacky Christian thing... That is a whole 'nother ball of cheese.

8.) Stars and Bars

Learn your flags. That's the confederate battle flag, big guy. Stars and Bars looks like this:

starsbars.gif

Oops-Oh... You feel better now?

Now that I've proven your precious Tea Party uses racist symbols? Why would that make me feel better?

The important question is, does it make you feel worse?

1.) Obamacare = Fascism
If fascism is the marriage of corporations and the state, why wouldn't a government takeover of 1/6 of our TOTAL economy qualify?

I don't see any reason for you to get all butthurt over that one. Over 50% of Americans want to do just that.

3.) Come and Take it
If this one bothers you it can only be because you have an issue with the 2nd Amendment. Get over it.

5.) Witchdoctor
This is the one you all think is 'racist'. How you cannot see that it is a statement on Obamacare is beyond me, but it is obvious to anyone that looks beyond the superficial.

6.) Obama = Anti-Christ

7.) Don't tread on me
Why you would have a problem with the Gadsden flag escapes me. Americans have NEVER supported a government that abuses it's citizens until RECENTLY.

8.) Stars and Bars

Trust me, just because you demonstrate a narrow ability to use these references responsibly does not mean that the rest do.

Think of it in the same way as they have to put dumb warning labels on hair dryers.. People misuse things, more than you think.

starsbars.gif

Oops-Oh... You feel better now?

Now that I've proven your precious Tea Party uses racist symbols? Why would that make me feel better?

The important question is, does it make you feel worse?

You obviously didn't read past where I committed the faux pas of misidentifying that flag. YOU claim it is a racist symbol while Conservatives see it as a symbol of States rights. You know, those pesky Amendments numbered 9 & 10?

1.) Obamacare = Fascism

3.) Come and Take it

5.) Witchdoctor

6.) Obama = Anti-Christ

7.) Don't tread on me

8.) Stars and Bars

Trust me, just because you demonstrate a narrow ability to use these references responsibly does not mean that the rest do.

Think of it in the same way as they have to put dumb warning labels on hair dryers.. People misuse things, more than you think.

True enough, but unlike you I find it VERY hard to believe that a vast majority DOESN'T.

Forum List

Back