A Question for all Religious posters

My only problem with the above statement is "Almighty". That word implies that you believe everyone is at the mercy of your god. To this I take strong objection. Your god may be "almighty in your life..he/she/it has no relevance in mine. As frail as the minds of men are I will have faith in them.

I can understand that. However, I do believe that God is Almighty. In the end, "Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess that Jesus Is Lord, to the glory of the Father."

Ya right. I think it is more likely that Christians being the ignorant fucks that they are...they will eventually force people that use reason instead of fantasy to navigate thier lives to push back. .... Maybe the push back will be respectfully ...Maybe it will be a bloody battle in the streets. I don't really care. Either way it appears the Christians and other religions need a reality check as it seems they just don't get that they are out of bounds and heading for deep water. If someone is just a plain old everyday thief...he gets lieniency.. If someone plans and plots to steal from you... you must deal with them more seriously. If someone is so crazy that they believe some invisible entity has authorized them to steal from you then they must be erradicated. There is no saving them for reclaimation.
are you refering to jim baker or tammy faye baker?

I can understand that. However, I do believe that God is Almighty. In the end, "Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess that Jesus Is Lord, to the glory of the Father."

Ya right. I think it is more likely that Christians being the ignorant fucks that they are...they will eventually force people that use reason instead of fantasy to navigate thier lives to push back. .... Maybe the push back will be respectfully ...Maybe it will be a bloody battle in the streets. I don't really care. Either way it appears the Christians and other religions need a reality check as it seems they just don't get that they are out of bounds and heading for deep water. If someone is just a plain old everyday thief...he gets lieniency.. If someone plans and plots to steal from you... you must deal with them more seriously. If someone is so crazy that they believe some invisible entity has authorized them to steal from you then they must be erradicated. There is no saving them for reclaimation.
are you refering to jim baker or tammy faye baker?

More like Jim Jones. Many became dissallusioned by the Bakers but few were harmed other that some idiot Christian females got molested by Jim. In Jonestown the real truth of false prophecy became more clear. You all called him a liar..a scoundrel..a monster an aboration...I see all of you in that light. It's To Tell the Truth and the whole panel stands up. Every one of you in your seperate religions thinks the other ones are false...You are ALL correct.

Ya right. I think it is more likely that Christians being the ignorant fucks that they are...they will eventually force people that use reason instead of fantasy to navigate their lives to push back. .... Maybe the push back will be respectfully ...Maybe it will be a bloody battle in the streets. I don't really care. Either way it appears the Christians and other religions need a reality check as it seems they just don't get that they are out of bounds and heading for deep water. If someone is just a plain old everyday thief...he gets leniency.. If someone plans and plots to steal from you... you must deal with them more seriously. If someone is so crazy that they believe some invisible entity has authorized them to steal from you then they must be eradicated. There is no saving them for reclaimation.
are you referring to jim baker or tammy faye baker?

More like Jim Jones. Many became disillusioned by the Bakers but few were harmed other that some idiot Christian females got molested by Jim. In Jonestown the real truth of false prophecy became more clear. You all called him a liar..a scoundrel..a monster an abortion...I see all of you in that light. It's To Tell the Truth and the whole panel stands up. Every one of you in your separate religions thinks the other ones are false...You are ALL correct.

wrong, all who preach the bible no matter what denomination are true.

I've been listening to many posters and radio personalities point out the Fort Hood shooter's comments about how he takes his religion and Allah over his Constitutional Oath and this country. It's presented as proof that the shooter was a traitor and a terrorist waiting to go off.

It got me wondering....how many religious posters take their god and their religion over love of this country? If you do, does that make you a potential terrorist for your religion?
I don't think it matters with everyday people...but people joining the military, the FBI, the CIA, etc...should have their first loyalty be their country. If they can't manage that, they shouldn't be let in.

Interesting. I have read before that a lot of our FBI agents are Mormons...and have a network within the FBI of mormonism. Could that be something that could cause concern in the future?

You have an irrational fear of mormons?

How odd.

One man's TERRORIST is another man's FREEDOM fighter...for example George Washington was a traitor to England but revered by the colonialists..

The revolutionaries tried every tactic imaginable before resorting to war. Read the Declaration of Independence. It spells out all the reasons for secession right there.

are you referring to jim baker or tammy faye baker?

More like Jim Jones. Many became disillusioned by the Bakers but few were harmed other that some idiot Christian females got molested by Jim. In Jonestown the real truth of false prophecy became more clear. You all called him a liar..a scoundrel..a monster an abortion...I see all of you in that light. It's To Tell the Truth and the whole panel stands up. Every one of you in your separate religions thinks the other ones are false...You are ALL correct.

Ya sure...anyone report back about that heaven y'all think you are going to?:lol::lol::lol:

More like Jim Jones. Many became dissallusioned by the Bakers but few were harmed other that some idiot Christian females got molested by Jim. In Jonestown the real truth of false prophecy became more clear. You all called him a liar..a scoundrel..a monster an aboration...I see all of you in that light. It's To Tell the Truth and the whole panel stands up. Every one of you in your seperate religions thinks the other ones are false...You are ALL correct.

Um.. Jones was a communist. He has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but that idea is absurd. If i started preaching, using the Bible as my text, that the only way to heaven is to kill all the unbelieving "scum", would i be preaching the truth? Hardly.

Are there divisions in Christ? No. The fact that there are denominations demonstrates the apostasy that has occured in the ranks of Christianity. People are tossed to and fro on every wind of false doctrine. As long as the find anything in the Bible to justify it, they will preach it.

Look at the Pharisees. They taught with the scriptures. But they taught without authority. They misunderstood the scriptures and missed their Messiah when He was in their midst. They leaned on their own understanding and their traditions rather than the Lord who was inviting them to drink from the well of everlasting life.

The idea that the Bible is all God has said and will ever say; and the idea that anything is justified if the Bible mentions or doesnt mention it, are the greatest false doctines in Christian thought today. And they will be the biggest stumbling blocks to people coming to Christ.

You miss the point but I'm not surprised. Your intellect is questionable. Did you attend High School?

No, you missed the point. Terrorist tactics are underhanded, dirty, and target innocents just to make a point, fighting on the open battle field is not.

You miss the point but I'm not surprised. Your intellect is questionable. Did you attend High School?

I didnt miss your point at all. You're attempts at moral equivication were quite obvious. You just dont like the fact that i called you out on your dishonest analysis.

After all, your propaganda is useless if people see through the lies.

God comes first, then country. The problem isn't that he took "Allah over country", its that his religion demanded he commit treason.

Also, there is a difference between a religious person taking an oath to protect this country and just being a religious citizen who loves both God and country.

Outhouse theological scholars suck. Do you have any idea how many Muslims live in the US?

God comes first, then country. The problem isn't that he took "Allah over country", its that his religion demanded he commit treason.

Also, there is a difference between a religious person taking an oath to protect this country and just being a religious citizen who loves both God and country.

I hear what you are saying, however that distinction is NOT being made. I hear over and over again that the Shooter (can't remember his name this moment) stated on more than one occasion that Allah came before this country. How can that be a different statement than saying that God comes before this country?

Because Islam is more than a religion, it's a political structure as well. Christians founded this country, and believed in religious freedom, Islam would not have done the same. You have to believe that there is no difference between Islam and Christianity to ask your question to begin with.

I've been listening to many posters and radio personalities point out the Fort Hood shooter's comments about how he takes his religion and Allah over his Constitutional Oath and this country. It's presented as proof that the shooter was a traitor and a terrorist waiting to go off.

It got me wondering....how many religious posters take their god and their religion over love of this country? If you do, does that make you a potential terrorist for your religion?

not unless they act like your guy's bestest bud bill ayers and try to blow innocent people to smithereens.. now would it?

Are you talking about Christian Right Wing terrorist Timothy McVeigh? How many did he actually kill?

Timothy McVeigh was not a 'right wing christian', whatever that is anyway. Quit propagating lies.

From Wikipedia.

Religious
Throughout his childhood, he and his father were Roman Catholics and often attended daily Mass. In a recorded interview with Time magazine[14] McVeigh professed his belief in "a God", although he said he had "sort of lost touch with" Catholicism and "I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs." The Guardian reported that McVeigh wrote a letter to them claiming to be an agnostic.[15] McVeigh at one time said that he believed the universe was guided by natural law, energized by some universal higher power that showed each person right from wrong if they paid attention to what was going on inside them. He had also said, "Science is my religion."[16]

I hear what you are saying, however that distinction is NOT being made. I hear over and over again that the Shooter (can't remember his name this moment) stated on more than one occasion that Allah came before this country. How can that be a different statement than saying that God comes before this country?

Because Islam is more than a religion, it's a political structure as well. Christians founded this country, and believed in religious freedom, Islam would not have done the same. You have to believe that there is no difference between Islam and Christianity to ask your question to begin with.

What the hezzli shizzle fuck? You don't have the first damn clue what you are talking about. All mainstream religions are political structures. Can you name a single non-Christian religious Federally and State recognized holiday in the US? What the hell is going on? How can people make statements that are so unbelievably out of whack with Politics 101?

What the hezzli shizzle fuck? You don't have the first damn clue what you are talking about. All mainstream religions are political structures. Can you name a single non-Christian religious Federally and State recognized holiday in the US? What the hell is going on? How can people make statements that are so unbelievably out of whack with Politics 101?

So the fact that recognized religious holidays in a nation that is 95% or so Christian are also Christian makes Christianity a political structure? Are you really this big a dumbfuck? What holidays would you EXPECT the government to close its offices and give its employees off? Jewish, which comprises maybe 1-3% of the population?

I know it just galls you and your cohorts, but this nation was founded by people from Christian denominations and remains culturally Christian. The fact that the government recognizes this about its constituents doesn't exactly equate to making Christianity political.

So the fact that recognized religious holidays in a nation that is 95% or so Christian are also Christian makes Christianity a political structure? Are you really this big a dumbfuck? What holidays would you EXPECT the government to close its offices and give its employees off? Jewish, which comprises maybe 1-3% of the population?

I know it just galls you and your cohorts, but this nation was founded by people from Christian denominations and remains culturally Christian. The fact that the government recognizes this about its constituents doesn't exactly equate to making Christianity political.

I was referencing one minor aspect. Religion has always been a political structure. Always. Do you not remember how the evangelical bloc didn't support the mccain ticket till that tart got nominated?

We are also not a "culturally" Christian nation. There is nothing Christian about imperialism, greed, and using Jesus' name to go gay bashing. Those are just a few issues. Would you like to delve a little deeper?

Forum List

Back