A Question for all Religious posters

So it is clear by your statement that if you had to choose allegience between your country and your religion you would choose your religion.

That makes you little different from a muslim terrorist.

Did you even bother to read what I said? I dont find the two mutually exclusive. But if the time comes when my government changes so that I cant practice my faith freely. I could not support such a tyranny.

Im not someone who is going to blindly follow bad government.

So it is clear by your statement that if you had to choose allegience between your country and your religion you would choose your religion.

Did you even bother to read what I said? I dont find the two mutually exclusive. But if the time comes when my government changes so that I cant practice my faith freely. I could not support such a tyranny.

What if your religion changed and started actively subverting the government? Would you..could you recognise it and what would you do? I suspect you would do whatever your religious leaders told you to do regardless of what you saw with your own eyes. You would be a good little german with a clear conscience.

What if your religion changed and started actively subverting the government? Would you..could you recognise it and what would you do? I suspect you would do whatever your religious leaders told you to do regardless of what you saw with your own eyes. You would be a good little german with a clear conscience.

are you suggesting that jews were subverting the German government and it was better for Germans to support Hitler than protect the jews? Because that's the only way anything you just said makes any sense.

are you suggesting that jews were subverting the German government and it was better for Germans to support Hitler than protect the jews? Because that's the only way anything you just said makes any sense.

It is a saying. It means doing what you are told by your leaders in spite of truth and morality. In your case it applies to you and your religious leaders. Mormans are immoral as shown in thier theft of Howard Hughes fortune. Mormans are immoral as shown in thier interference of California law. There are many examples that would give non believers reason to be wary of mormans.

As to loyalty to country for Christians here is one sense of the guidance:

Romans 13
1Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

5Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

6For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

7Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

Jesus also said to render unto Ceasar the things that are Ceasar's and unto God the things that are God's. These are not incompatible. Tyrant governments are eventually overthrown. Though it often seems justice is slow or even non existent. Justice always comes.

We must all serve GOD, family, and country, in that order. God comes first, not man's contrived home-land. God is great.

We must all serve GOD, family, and country, in that order. God comes first, not man's contrived home-land. God is great.

Anyone that thinks I have an obligation to serve thier god should keep it to themselves.

If I had my "prayers" answered I would like to see someone "serve" your gods filthy churches a few gallons of gas with a match. More and more people are waking up to the lies spread by organised religion. The morons that keep thinking they have any right to push thier fantasies into the lives of others will eventually run into a war with those who will not tolorate any more invasion of thier rights and privacy.

The Christian religion, and the name of my faith (Christian faith) happen to bne the same. However, I hold no loyalty to any religion. I am Baptist, but I consider that to be for convenience. It is in the Baptict church where I fine many believers with whom I fellowship, and worship. It is in that environment where I sit and listen to God's teaching that is for me.

I do not do all that my church does. I follow where the path of my personal relationship with Gods. That is not in any way the same as what the Muslim Terrorists do. Why? Because they are not following Almighty, Creator God. There are no hypotheticals in the faith relationship with God. What actually takes place is all that matters.

Of course, this is just my experience, others have walk different paths.

The Christian religion, and the name of my faith (Christian faith) happen to bne the same. However, I hold no loyalty to any religion. I am Baptist, but I consider that to be for convenience. It is in the Baptict church where I fine many believers with whom I fellowship, and worship. It is in that environment where I sit and listen to God's teaching that is for me.

I do not do all that my church does. I follow where the path of my personal relationship with Gods. That is not in any way the same as what the Muslim Terrorists do. Why? Because they are not following Almighty, Creator God. There are no hypotheticals in the faith relationship with God. What actually takes place is all that matters.

My only problem with the above statement is "Almighty". That word implies that you believe everyone is at the mercy of your god. To this I take strong objection. Your god may be "almighty in your life..he/she/it has no relevance in mine. As frail as the minds of men are I will have faith in them.

It is a saying. It means doing what you are told by your leaders in spite of truth and morality. In your case it applies to you and your religious leaders. Mormans are immoral as shown in thier theft of Howard Hughes fortune. Mormans are immoral as shown in thier interference of California law. There are many examples that would give non believers reason to be wary of mormans.

HA HA HA HA

You crack me up sometimes Huggy. :lol:

My only problem with the above statement is "Almighty". That word implies that you believe everyone is at the mercy of your god. To this I take strong objection. Your god may be "almighty in your life..he/she/it has no relevance in mine. As frail as the minds of men are I will have faith in them.

Object all you want. Just because you dont like the facts doesnt make them untrue.

if you're religious and you don't put god ahead of the country, that's a very weak sense of religiousness. Christianity is explicit about having a loyalty for god ahead of that of country. In many cases, you can make the argument that worshiping your nation-state is a very substantial form for idolatry.

However, most religions teach that killing people is absolutely forbidden. Usually in the military the issue is that you'd be killing against your will and would rather listen to your religious beliefs than your duties to your nation. Shooting innocents randomly is an insult to both your country and god.

You can't be serious. Christianity is one of the most violent religions ever. Read the Bible.

Entire town wiped out and the women and children become sex slaves and all the married men and women put to death.

Seriously, read the Bible. Only the Koran is worse. Of course, since both religions claim Abraham as the founder, it's no surprise. Of course, he didn't found two religions, only one.

Which town? Wiped out by whom? If you're going to hurl accusations, you can at least be specific, so that we can verify just how full of shit you really are, instead of just having to assume it on the basis that it's you.

Perhaps you should try reading the Bible sometime.

Bible passages that seem immoral by today's standards: Part 1

The Israelites invaded Canaan and, under God's instructions, exterminated seven nations in widespread acts of genocide: the Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. They continued to commit genocide against other groups.

Deuteronomy 7:1-2:

"... the seven nations greater and mightier than thou; And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them."

Joshua 6:21:

"And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword."

This latter passage describes one event in the invasion of Canaan by the ancient Israelites. After the walls of the city of Jericho fell, the soldiers ran into the city, and murdered all its inhabitants: elderly men and women, mature men and women, pregnant women, youths, boys, girls, infants and newborns. Their goal was to entirely wipe out the Canaanite culture by destroying its people; this is one definition of genocide. Incidentally, the people were butchered by the edge of the sword, because the weapons did not have pointed ends.

Joshua 10:40-41:

"So Joshua smote all the country of the hills, and of the south, and of the vale, and of the springs, and all their kings: he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel commanded. And Joshua smote them from Kadesh-barnea even unto Gaza, and all the country of Goshen, even unto Gibeon."

As recorded in Joshua 11:19-23, God had "hardened the hearts" of the Canaanites, so that all but one city attempted to fight the Hebrews in battle. The sole exception were the Hivites, the inhabitants of Gibeon. "As the LORD commanded Moses", all of the rest were defeated in battle; their cities and populations were destroyed. This included people of all ages: men, women children, infants and

God comes first, then country. The problem isn't that he took "Allah over country", its that his religion demanded he commit treason.

Also, there is a difference between a religious person taking an oath to protect this country and just being a religious citizen who loves both God and country.

The Christian bible tells us to obey the law of the land EXCEPT in the event that the law requires us to act in opposition to the word of God.

That pretty much lets us out of the "terrorist" loop.

One man's TERRORIST is another man's FREEDOM fighter...for example George Washington was a traitor to England but revered by the colonialists..

One man's TERRORIST is another man's FREEDOM fighter...for example George Washington was a traitor to England but revered by the colonialists..

President Washington never engaged in terrorism. He fought his enemy on the open battlefield.

You miss the point but I'm not surprised. Your intellect is questionable. Did you attend High School?

I can understand that. However, I do believe that God is Almighty. In the end, "Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess that Jesus Is Lord, to the glory of the Father."

I've been listening to many posters and radio personalities point out the Fort Hood shooter's comments about how he takes his religion and Allah over his Constitutional Oath and this country. It's presented as proof that the shooter was a traitor and a terrorist waiting to go off.

It got me wondering....how many religious posters take their god and their religion over love of this country? If you do, does that make you a potential terrorist for your religion?

what are you tring to say, if you stand up for your religion your a terrorist?

I've been listening to many posters and radio personalities point out the Fort Hood shooter's comments about how he takes his religion and Allah over his Constitutional Oath and this country. It's presented as proof that the shooter was a traitor and a terrorist waiting to go off.

It got me wondering....how many religious posters take their god and their religion over love of this country? If you do, does that make you a potential terrorist for your religion?

what are you tring to say, if you stand up for your religion your a terrorist?

Standing up on religious grounds do not make you a terrorists.

Shooting people because of your religion, that is going way too far!!

I can understand that. However, I do believe that God is Almighty. In the end, "Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess that Jesus Is Lord, to the glory of the Father."

Ya right. I think it is more likely that Christians being the ignorant fucks that they are...they will eventually force people that use reason instead of fantasy to navigate thier lives to push back. .... Maybe the push back will be respectfully ...Maybe it will be a bloody battle in the streets. I don't really care. Either way it appears the Christians and other religions need a reality check as it seems they just don't get that they are out of bounds and heading for deep water. If someone is just a plain old everyday thief...he gets lieniency.. If someone plans and plots to steal from you... you must deal with them more seriously. If someone is so crazy that they believe some invisible entity has authorized them to steal from you then they must be erradicated. There is no saving them for reclaimation.

Forum List

Back