• undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bayoubill

aka Sheik Yerbouti...
Dec 30, 2008
Cajun Country
Where would you feel safer…?

an open-access area (municipal park, university, shopping mall, store, restaurant, etc.) where the carrying of concealed weapons is strictly prohibited…?

or an open-access area (municipal park, university, shopping mall, store, restaurant, etc.) that permits law-abiding adult citizens to carry concealed weapons…?

eta: the areas of consideration would also include all general-public areas (streets, sidewalks, etc.) within a municipality...

Last edited:
When criminals start obeying the law, I'll support the idea of 'gun free' zones.

Hmmmm.

So in one park, ONLY criminals can have guns.

In the other park, criminals AND good folks can have guns.

Hmmmm. Tough choice.

When criminals start obeying the law, I'll support the idea of 'gun free' zones.

That's pretty much it. No matter the laws, anyone, anywhere, may have a concealed weapon on them. So the question of where do you feel safer, by virtue of gun laws, is moot.

Now, ask me where I feel safer based on location? That's a completely different question. I wouldn't feel safe in Compton no matter the gun laws, or if I was carrying a concealed weapon myself. While in my own local neighborhood I would feel safe seeing my neighbor cleaning his gun on his porch.

It's all about the people. Not the weapons or the laws.

a sizable percentage of American citizens are diametrically opposed to allowing concealed weapons in public areas, period...

I was hoping we might hear from someone representing that point of view...

That's pretty much it. No matter the laws, anyone, anywhere, may have a concealed weapon on them. So the question of where do you feel safer, by virtue of gun laws, is moot.

Now, ask me where I feel safer based on location? That's a completely different question. I wouldn't feel safe in Compton no matter the gun laws, or if I was carrying a concealed weapon myself. While in my own local neighborhood I would feel safe seeing my neighbor cleaning his gun on his porch.

True, but there is no way to determine what kind of people are in any public area. We know criminals make up a portion of society, though are more concentrated in some areas. I'd feel safer with law abiding people who are armed in the event a crazed shooter decides to take some people out.

We've had incidents of school shootings where the mentally disturbed shooter took time going around the school and killing students. Had one teacher been armed, the shooter may have been taken down quickly and lives would have been spared. Of course, the left would never allow that. They prefer to react after the fact by making more guns laws and they always try to convince people that more laws will prevent shootings. They don't possess the intelligence to understand that criminals are completely unaffected by laws. They merely restrict the citizens' ability to defend themselves.

a sizable percentage of American citizens are diametrically opposed to allowing concealed weapons in public areas, period...

I am opposed to people carrying concealed weapons in most public facilities.

thanks, Peach...

could you expand upon that a bit...?

thanks, Peach...

The risk of those not "law abiding" getting the firearm, accidental discharge, and "heat of the moment" crimes.

Bring on da guns.

Guns in bars is a good idea. Guns in parks is a good idea. Guns in school, good idea. Guns in stadiums, good idea. I even think guns in church is a good idea. If you gonna pray to the fuking NRA, you might as well have your gun in church. Drive them sinners from the pews brother.

I like guns. A lot. Carry every where. Like the ole American Express add says; Good everywhere and Don't leave home without it.

Walther PPK .380. My friend. In stainless steel we trust.

thanks, Peach...

The risk of those not "law abiding" getting the firearm, accidental discharge, and "heat of the moment" crimes.

Accidental discharge is almost unheard of in concealed carry. So you would base a decision on the remote chance some gun may go off and harm the person carrying it? Hell accidental deaths from firearms are almost unheard of. less than a 1000 a year.

As for some criminal getting the weapon? It is CONCEALED CARRY, no one knows who has what. How exactly does the bad guy get the weapon?

Heat of the moment? Again almost unheard of with concealed carry.

Just admit you are afraid of weapons and don't want anyone to have them. Then admit since you can not stop criminals from having them you have unreasonable fears about law abiding citizens having them.

True, but there is no way to determine what kind of people are in any public area. We know criminals make up a portion of society, though are more concentrated in some areas. I'd feel safer with law abiding people who are armed in the event a crazed shooter decides to take some people out.

We've had incidents of school shootings where the mentally disturbed shooter took time going around the school and killing students. Had one teacher been armed, the shooter may have been taken down quickly and lives would have been spared. Of course, the left would never allow that. They prefer to react after the fact by making more guns laws and they always try to convince people that more laws will prevent shootings. They don't possess the intelligence to understand that criminals are completely unaffected by laws. They merely restrict the citizens' ability to defend themselves.

The same effect could be had by people carrying concealed tazers, or guns that fire rubber bullets. Stopping a gun toting maniac does not rely solely on a gun designed to kill.

an open-access area (municipal park, university, shopping mall, store, restaurant, etc.) where the carrying of concealed weapons is strictly prohibited…?

What are the homicide and suicide rates in such areas?

or an open-access area (municipal park, university, shopping mall, store, restaurant, etc.) that permits law-abiding adult citizens to carry concealed weapons…?

What are the homicide and suicide rates in such areas?

thanks, Peach...

Accidental discharge is almost unheard of in concealed carry. So you would base a decision on the remote chance some gun may go off and harm the person carrying it? Hell accidental deaths from firearms are almost unheard of. less than a 1000 a year.

As for some criminal getting the weapon? It is CONCEALED CARRY, no one knows who has what. How exactly does the bad guy get the weapon?

Just admit you are afraid of weapons and don't want anyone to have them. Then admit since you can not stop criminals from having them you have unreasonable fears about law abiding citizens having them.

Almost..., almost..., almost! That's the rub isn't it? It doesn't actually prevent crime, just adds another possible danger point.

thanks, Peach...

This is not an issue I'd base my vote on, but "ALMOST UNHEARD OF" isn't NEVER. I know I want law abiding citizens to have their 2nd Amendments rights protected, but many places in public are not "firearm" zones.

Almost..., almost..., almost! That's the rub isn't it? It doesn't actually prevent crime, just adds another possible danger point.

Wrong, in every local where gun laws are lenient crime is lower or goes down. In places with the most draconian gun laws crime is rampant. Check out the crime rates and the murder rates in places like Chicago and Washington DC.

This is not an issue I'd base my vote on, but "ALMOST UNHEARD OF" isn't NEVER. I know I want law abiding citizens to have their 2nd Amendments rights protected, but many places in public are not "firearm" zones.

And you will NEVER get never, on anything, which you know. You would deny people their rights because you are afraid. Unnecessarily afraid. The 3 situations you listed are statistically nil, the probability of them happening so low as to be as close to never as you can get.

eta: the areas of consideration would also include all general-public areas (streets, sidewalks, etc.) within a municipality...

Criminals do not abide by any no guns allowed sign. How many mass shoots have we had at a gun show? A shooting range?

Forum List

Back