A proposal regarding homosexuality and religion

No thanks.

We already have enough religions fucking with peoples' heads.

I've been saying that for years as a joke.

And yes it would work, but why must a group resort to such tactics to receive equal treatment under the law?

The mere fact that you lump them into a "group" precludes their very equality.
How so?

Well if you're going to separate sections of the population into different 'groups', then everyone really isn't equal.

Here's the definition of "group":

Collection of individuals who have regular contact and frequent interaction, mutual influence, common feeling of camaraderie, and who work together to achieve a common set of goals.

If everyone was equal, then the "group" would simply be HUMANITY. But you've separated homosexuals into their own group. So by definition, how can they be equal to other groups? Each group is working amongst themselves to achieve common goals. That's not equal.

If that was true, then all sports teams would be considered equal and then what would be the point of playing the game?

Here's an idea from left field that just might have some merit if it could be worked out: Perhaps we should classify homosexuality as a religion. It would require a bit of compromise from all who care, but it just might resolve most of the legal and political issues.

Homosexuals would now enjoy the same protections against discrimination that currently apply to religion. And at the same time, the state would not be allowed to endorse nor condemn homosexuality per the separation of church and state. So, any laws that restrict marriage to a man and a woman would violate the relgious freedom of homosexuals, and therefore wouldn't stand... (i.e. this would legalize gay marriage). And at the same time, public schools would not be allowed to include any sort of approval or endorsement of a gay lifestyle in their curriculum, any more than they could Catholicism.

I say it's a win-win.

Now, if you would be so generous, please tell me why I'm fucked in the head and explain why this is the dumbest idea you've ever heard.

Go.

not a bad idea. It would be true after all.

You know..........I lived in a heterosexual family until I was 8, then my mother died.

Most of the fucked up stuff in my life came from that time period.

When I was older? I lived with 2 lesbians for a couple of years who had a daughter.

Probably the healthiest place I've ever seen to raise a kid in.

That depends on what you call "fucked up". Opinions will differ on that.:)

The mere fact that you lump them into a "group" precludes their very equality.
How so?

Well if you're going to separate sections of the population into different 'groups', then everyone really isn't equal.

Here's the definition of "group":

Collection of individuals who have regular contact and frequent interaction, mutual influence, common feeling of camaraderie, and who work together to achieve a common set of goals.
If everyone was equal, then the "group" would simply be HUMANITY. But you've separated homosexuals into their own group. So by definition, how can they be equal to other groups? Each group is working amongst themselves to achieve common goals. That's not equal.

If that was true, then all sports teams would be considered equal and then what would be the point of playing the game?
People aren't sports teams. All these groups are equal: blacks, whites, asians, catholics, wasps, jews, nerds, jocks, men, women, etc.

Whatever happened to I don't care what you do, just don't do it in front of my face? :eusa_eh:

Then again thanks to the media obsession of covering gay marriage, abortion,etc and mass protests we have to care...

Last edited:
You know..........I lived in a heterosexual family until I was 8, then my mother died.

Most of the fucked up stuff in my life came from that time period.

When I was older? I lived with 2 lesbians for a couple of years who had a daughter.

Probably the healthiest place I've ever seen to raise a kid in.

That depends on what you call "fucked up". Opinions will differ on that.:)

Well, I would consider getting beaten 2-3 times per week by a 40 year old man because I was sick of him beating on my mother is fucked up.

I would say that the beating I took from him with a bullwhip while he's trying to explain how much he loves me is fucked up.

I'd also be willing to venture that him making me watch while he molested my sister when my mother was away would also qualify as quite fucked up.

Does your opinion differ from mine?

Forum List

Back