A proposal regarding homosexuality and religion

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Here's an idea from left field that just might have some merit if it could be worked out: Perhaps we should classify homosexuality as a religion. It would require a bit of compromise from all who care, but it just might resolve most of the legal and political issues.

Homosexuals would now enjoy the same protections against discrimination that currently apply to religion. And at the same time, the state would not be allowed to endorse nor condemn homosexuality per the separation of church and state. So, any laws that restrict marriage to a man and a woman would violate the relgious freedom of homosexuals, and therefore wouldn't stand... (i.e. this would legalize gay marriage). And at the same time, public schools would not be allowed to include any sort of approval or endorsement of a gay lifestyle in their curriculum, any more than they could Catholicism.

I say it's a win-win.

Now, if you would be so generous, please tell me why I'm fucked in the head and explain why this is the dumbest idea you've ever heard.

Go.

I've been saying that for years as a joke.

And yes it would work, but why must a group resort to such tactics to receive equal treatment under the law?

Because that would open the door to declaring everything a religion, which would just make things worse.

I've been saying that for years as a joke.

And yes it would work, but why must a group resort to such tactics to receive equal treatment under the law?

The mere fact that you lump them into a "group" precludes their very equality.

Because that would open the door to declaring everything a religion, which would just make things worse.

Well......you may wish to look outside your own religion for a bit.............

His Holiness The Dali Lama, when asked how many religions there should be? He stated that there should be as many religions as there are people because everyone understands God in a slightly different way.

Judaic theology states that our soul is a small piece of God that He carved out from under His Throne with the blade of self will and inserted it into the embryo created by our parents.

Yeshua (Jesus) stated that "the Father and I are One". Remember.......Yeshua was Jewish and if you read the second one, you'll understand what this means. It's also a key to the understanding of "the Kingdom of God is within".

Declare everything a religion? Possibly.

Well......you may wish to look outside your own religion for a bit.............

His Holiness The Dali Lama, when asked how many religions there should be? He stated that there should be as many religions as there are people because everyone understands God in a slightly different way.

Judaic theology states that our soul is a small piece of God that He carved out from under His Throne with the blade of self will and inserted it into the embryo created by our parents.

Yeshua (Jesus) stated that "the Father and I are One". Remember.......Yeshua was Jewish and if you read the second one, you'll understand what this means. It's also a key to the understanding of "the Kingdom of God is within".

Declare everything a religion? Possibly.

Why don't you tell me more about my religion while I laugh at you some more?

If homosexuality is a religion is gambling also a religion? After all, there are more gamblers than homosexuals. If you want to restrict it to sexual choices, how about necrophiliacs? Or pedophiles?

My objection to homosexuality being a religion is based on common sense, something you appear to be lacking if you think it is about my personal religious beliefs.

Here's an idea from left field that just might have some merit if it could be worked out: Perhaps we should classify homosexuality as a religion. It would require a bit of compromise from all who care, but it just might resolve most of the legal and political issues.

Homosexuals would now enjoy the same protections against discrimination that currently apply to religion. And at the same time, the state would not be allowed to endorse nor condemn homosexuality per the separation of church and state. So, any laws that restrict marriage to a man and a woman would violate the relgious freedom of homosexuals, and therefore wouldn't stand... (i.e. this would legalize gay marriage). And at the same time, public schools would not be allowed to include any sort of approval or endorsement of a gay lifestyle in their curriculum, any more than they could Catholicism.

I say it's a win-win.

Now, if you would be so generous, please tell me why I'm fucked in the head and explain why this is the dumbest idea you've ever heard.

Go.

HOMOSEXUALISM.... hmmm... kinda got a ring to it. I hope they do it! Then the day after I'll start a movement to make BIKERISM a religion... :D

I say it's a win-win.

Go.

HOMOSEXUALISM.... hmmm... kinda got a ring to it. I hope they do it! Then the day after I'll start a movement to make BIKERISM a religion... :D

Along with everyone else.

Some bikers consider their club a religion.

Some people worship at the altar of exercise.

Many things could be considered a "religion". Even gambling........ever talk to a really high stakes poker player?

Not going to ever happen because many of the activists on the left want homosexuality endorsed.

The correct terminology per the left...

"affirmed".

You have to "affirm" gayness as a lifestyle to be a teacher or counselor these days, apparently. At least that's what the professors are saying when they boot Christians out of their classrooms.

Not going to ever happen because many of the activists on the left want homosexuality endorsed.

The correct terminology per the left...

"affirmed".

You have to "affirm" gayness as a lifestyle to be a teacher or counselor these days, apparently. At least that's what the professors are saying when they boot Christians out of their classrooms.

As opposed to declaring it an abomination.

You know..........I lived in a heterosexual family until I was 8, then my mother died.

Most of the fucked up stuff in my life came from that time period.

When I was older? I lived with 2 lesbians for a couple of years who had a daughter.

Probably the healthiest place I've ever seen to raise a kid in.

Forum List

Back