A Prophet Like Unto Moses????

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
You decide.

Muhammad or Jesus: The Prophet Like Unto Moses
By John McTernan, Koenig's International News
April 9, 2006

For Islam to be a religion, Muhammad must be a prophet of God. The message of Muhammad as recorded in the Koran is the foundation of Islam. This is seen in the confession to be a Muslim. This is called the Shahadatain. The second part of the Shahadatain follows: ?...that Muhammad is His messenger to all human beings till the Day of Judgment.?

By Messenger, the Koran means prophet. According to Islam, he is the final prophet or seal of the prophets: Sura 33:40 ?Muhammad ...(he is) the Messenger of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things.?

Islam teaches not only is Muhammad the seal of the prophets but he is the greatest of the prophets. He is equal to or greater than Moses. Islam believes that Muhammad is the special prophet the Bible mentions will be like Moses.

This verse from the Bible follows: Deuteronomy 18:18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

The Koran states that Muhammad is the Prophet who will be like unto Moses. Muhammad came with the final message which everyone has to obey:

Sura 46.9 Say: I am not the first of the apostles, and I do not know what will be done with me or with you: I do not follow anything but that which is revealed to me, and I am nothing but a plain warner. (10) Say: Have you considered if it is from Allah, and you disbelieve in it, and a witness from among the children of Israel has borne witness of one like him, so he believed, while you are big with pride; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

Sura 3:85 And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.

What it Means to be Prophet Like Unto Moses

There are six outstanding characteristics that have to be met. The Bible teaches that Moses is different than all the other Old Testament prophets. To be the prophet like Moses of Deuteronomy 18, these six characteristics have to be met. These requirements follow:

for full article:
http://watch.org/showart.php3?idx=53977&tn=/index.html&showsubj=1&mcat=4

Forum List

Back