A poll for USMB members AS USMB members about posting behavior.

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
Ok. First of all, the thread headline is wrong. I'm WAY too lazy to make a poll outta this.

But I am curious. So, instead of a poll, how about just some comments?

Has anyone here ever had the occasion to post a thread reply or a PM while acting under the influence of a piss-poor attitude? Like, if you've ever been in a dark, foul mood and saw something said in a post that just pushed your buttons, so you vented by replying in that thread or in a PM in a manner that later made you kind of cringe?

1. What were the personal circumstances (just in very general terms) that were causing you to have a foul mood?

2. What kind of post set your teeth on edge?

3. How out of whack was your reply in that thread -- or in a PM?

4. Assuming you have later felt regret over your own reaction, how have you handled that regret? Retractions? Apologies? Explanations? Clarifications? Silence?

If anybody here doesn't like this nosy original post, please feel free to ignore it.

Or, perhaps I should just go fuck myself. :lol:

Ok. First of all, the thread headline is wrong. I'm WAY too lazy to make a poll outta this.

Has anyone here ever had the occasion to post a thread reply or a PM while acting under the influence of a piss-poor attitude? Like, if you've ever been in a dark, foul mood and saw something said in a post that just pushed your buttons, so you vented by replying in that thread or in a PM in a manner that later made you kind of cringe?

1. What were the personal circumstances (just in very general terms) that were causing you to have a foul mood?

4. Assuming you have later felt regret over your own reaction, how have you handled that regret? Retractions? Apologies? Explanations? Clarifications? Silence?

If anybody here doesn't like this nosy original post, please feel free to ignore it.

Or, perhaps I should just go fuck myself. :lol:

ohhhh ya....

I'll answer the questions later though :D

However answering this: 2. What kind of post set your teeth on edge? could be hazardous - it would be the equivelent of letting someone know what your buttons are. I'd rather keep my buttons close....

Last edited:
Liability said:

Or, perhaps I should just go fuck myself.

Hell yeah. Who hasn't?

1. Assuming there is a personal circumstance and not just some dumb asshole pissing me off before coffee, that is personal and therefore none of your business.

2. I agree with Coyote on this one, bad stuff to make public for trollbait.

3. I rarely send pissy pm's, unless you count the occasional neg rep comment. I tend to save pm's for people I actually want to talk to one on one. In the thread? It varies. Usually they're not completely out of whack, but once in a while....what was I thinking?

4. If I said it I meant it, so no regrets.
ETA: On further thought, there have been a few times I've apologized to posters if there's been a misunderstanding or once or twice when I really was way out of line.

And you can still go fuck yourself. :D

Last edited:

Just one of those days. We've all had them. Coupled with the fact that I do not suffer fools well... Though I am working on that...

Who knows, probably some far left tripe. Could have been some right-wing tripe, but I doubt that. I tend to ignore the far right tripe...

Compared to some of the "normal" posts I've seen, not to far out of whack. Compared to the posts I usually make, pretty much out of character. Although I do not always succeed, I do my best to respect the ideas and opinions of my fellow members, regardless of their political leanings.

Regret may be too strong a word, but I have been known to apologize. Sometimes in the thread itself, occasionally in a PM. One thing I have no trouble with is admitting when I am wrong or out of line.

Last edited:
A good drunk should have no sense of shame, still, on this forum I was once pissed (as usual) and unusually poor in the pocket, well more poor than usual, which made me piss poor.

I shat all over Ms. Terry's thread when she was grieving for her deceased dog.

I am sorry for that, I have told her.

I actually like dogs.

I have two myself.

I said to my wife just the other night, "hey pet the dogs for me if you see them."

I think one is a beagle.

Last edited:
It'll be a cold day in Hell when I let some words on a computer monitor alter my mood.

OK, if it makes you happy,

GO FUCK YOURSELF!

I'd rep ya, but that would apparently only deepen your rage.

On the other hand, your post was amusing.

:)

Shove your rep up your ass you miserable prick.

Ah. I think we may be approaching a break-through here.

When did you first start looking at your pet rodents as objects of sexual affection?

When did you first act out on those impulses?

Haven't you EVER tried to stop?

Oh the sadness you must have felt -- the betrayal -- the loss -- the pain -- the loneliness -- when your gerbil died.

Tell us how angry that made you.

Go ahead. Vent some more.

Diarrhea that splashed onto my pants.

Any post that does not have "xotoxi" in the title.

I didn't even open the thread.

I apologized.

Forum List

Back