A penny for your thoughts

my2¢

So it goes
May 14, 2010
Arizona's Maricopa County
After all these years I can't believe that a tenth of a cent matters all that much in gasoline price marketing.

upload_2019-5-24_8-54-43.png
upload_2019-5-24_8-55-31.png

Last edited:
After all these years I can't believe that a tenth of a cent matters all that much in gasoline price marketing.

Since the calibration of the gas pumps are probably not that accurate, the gas station could be charging us that extra tenth of a cent per gallon and we would never know it.

That being said, years ago I happen to pump gas and the pump was way out of calibration and I got probably twice the amount of gas for my money. I went in the convenience store and told the clerk what was happening; however, I kept getting gas from that same pump for about a month before it was fixed.

It is really no different than various takes that have that extra half percent added on. They prices get rounded up, and if you are not careful, some of those places do it per item instead of on the total so you are paying more in tax than you really should because it is rounded up X the number of items you have.

Inflation.
If you REALLY want to see how bad you are getting boned look at inflation and salary. They want all of those split tails in the workforce for a purpose. Get momma in the workforce, get them kids in the indoctrination facilities...wash, rinse, repeat.

Forum List

Back