A Nobel Peace Prize for Julian Assange?

What do you think of Wachter's article?

• Wachter is nuts.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Wachter is right.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Wachter is both right and wrong and I'll explain.

• The poll options don't fit what I think but I'll explain.

• Total voters
Can someone explain to me the Left's support for and idolization of criminals? I don't get it.

Can someone explain to me the "Right's" support for auto-declaring themselves judge, jury, and executioner? I don't get it.

Where's your Columbia Law degree, Dave?
Ahhh. So one must have qualifications to have an opinion.

It looks like, then, you're not allowed to have opinions on the United States' affairs, since you're not a citizen.

I'm TOTALLY interested more on the leaked info, but I mean, it seemed like the focus of the OP is on Assange.

The fact that the entire focus of Congress is to demonize and sabre-rattle against Assange is hilarious too. Why is that? Because it's easy! You can get votes! If you go around investigating people for the things the leaks say, you're gonna ruffle feathers and its not as visible to the moronic, blood-thirsty public as just getting this evil guy with a foreign accent executed and assassinated.

Well the OP was about Assange, yes, but it also focused on what the leaks are revealing and nobody seems to be interested. I took the thesis of the OP piece to not necessarily canonize Assange, but to show that he could be providing an important and necessary service--however, the Congress doesn't want it.

Can someone explain to me the Left's support for and idolization of criminals? I don't get it.

Can someone explain to me the "Right's" support for auto-declaring themselves judge, jury, and executioner? I don't get it.

The right seems to support it's fair share of bloodthirsty criminal types as well. The difference seems to be the left is less supportive of violence then the right.

IMHO..it won't dampen civil liberties. The more documents I am seeing the more I am getting angry about what our government is keeping from us.

I hope you are right but now that Assange is held in the UK our government wants to charge him while they can extradite him.

The problem is they have no case under current law so they may have to pass new law to get him in prison. But that runs afoul of the 1st amendment. That is where civil liberties are threatened.

IMHO..it won't dampen civil liberties. The more documents I am seeing the more I am getting angry about what our government is keeping from us.

I hope you are right but now that Assange is held in the UK our government wants to charge him while they can extradite him.

The problem is they have no case under current law so they may have to pass new law to get him in prison. But that runs afoul of the 1st amendment. That is where civil liberties are threatened.

But he wasn't secretly taken to a secret prison or "disappeared". The wheels of Justice are working here..so I would say the system is "righting" itself.

If he is a criminal why won't the DOJ charge him with anything? Truth is they don't have the grounds and are looking into every creative new way that they can charge him, so far nada.

If he is a criminal why won't the DOJ charge him with anything? Truth is they don't have the grounds and are looking into every creative new way that they can charge him, so far nada.

I think they do have something..but it's not very strong. Receiving stolen property is probably just about all they can get him on. But will probably happen is some sort of deal where the US government has an opportunity to at least see what he intends to put up on his site and redact what is too sensitive.

Seems to me that the government doesn't have any trouble keeping secret stuff that they REALLY don't want us to see. The alleged alien spacecraft crash at Roswell for instance is still classified more than 60 years later and even our Congressman couldn't get access to the file. He tried.

As I read recently, all they have to do is hand over the top secret stuff to whoever has Obama's birth certificate and college transcripts under lock and key, and Assange would never have gotten hold of anything.

The right seems to support it's fair share of bloodthirsty criminal types as well. The difference seems to be the left is less supportive of violence then the right.
Really? Communism killed a hundred million people.

Really? Communism killed a hundred million people.

What's your point?

Seems to me that the government doesn't have any trouble keeping secret stuff that they REALLY don't want us to see. The alleged alien spacecraft crash at Roswell for instance is still classified more than 60 years later and even our Congressman couldn't get access to the file. He tried.

As I read recently, all they have to do is hand over the top secret stuff to whoever has Obama's birth certificate and college transcripts under lock and key, and Assange would never have gotten hold of anything.

You crack me up when you start the conspiracy stuff.

You crack me up when you start the conspiracy stuff.

It isn't conspiracy stuff. It is a fact.

You have the federal government looking for some international thug or warlord and CNN and just about everybody else on the planet are interviewing him but our 'authorities' never can seem to catch up with him to arrest him.

The story of the crash at Roswell is well documented here in New Mexico. The Congressman in my district, who might be the greatest guy anybody ever elected to high office, took it on as a pet project to find out the real skinny on that. He struck out. The files were closed and he could not get them.

And yeah, I was joking about the birth certificate and transcripts, but you'll have to admit they're having absolutely no trouble keeping those secret with thousands itching to get their hands on them. Yet Julian Assange seems to be able to access all the classified stuff he wants. But instead of demanding investigation of some of the really provocative stuff he is publishing, there is an amazing lack of curiosity or concern about it. Instead they want his head on a platter.

Doesn't it make you wonder just a little bit?

Forum List

Back