A New Undecided!!

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
With the crisis in the economy most especially the "bailout", I have come to the conclusion that I and my family are going to be burdened with debt by the country I spent 24 years defending. My government has taken it upon themselves to say to me and to my family and friends that, you are a fool for paying your bills on time because we are not only gonig to reward those who didn't we are going to make you pay for it. So I have come to a decision on this matter after much thought and consideration. I as an American have only one voice and one vote, so there is not much I as one man can do, other than when I get into the voting booth show how upset I am over this. So that being said, I and I suspct like many other Americans have decided that if the candidate I am supporting in this falls election votes for this "Bailout" he WILL NOT get my vote for president. I have come to the conclusion that it's now time for ALL the people in goverenment to be voted from office, republican and democrat. So if that be the case. I am now back in the "undecided" books. Further, when I do vote in the fall I will look and see anyone that has the name "incumbant" next to it and Vote for the other person in all the house and state elections.

With the crisis in the economy most especially the "bailout", I have come to the conclusion that I and my family are going to be burdened with debt by the country I spent 24 years defending. My government has taken it upon themselves to say to me and to my family and friends that, you are a fool for paying your bills on time because we are not only gonig to reward those who didn't we are going to make you pay for it. So I have come to a decision on this matter after much thought and consideration. I as an American have only one voice and one vote, so there is not much I as one man can do, other than when I get into the voting booth show how upset I am over this. So that being said, I and I suspct like many other Americans have decided that if the candidate I am supporting in this falls election votes for this "Bailout" he WILL NOT get my vote for president. I have come to the conclusion that it's now time for ALL the people in goverenment to be voted from office, republican and democrat. So if that be the case. I am now back in the "undecided" books. Further, when I do vote in the fall I will look and see anyone that has the name "incumbant" next to it and Vote for the other person in all the house and state elections.

There really isn't much of a choice for 3rd party. I mean you have Bob Barr but he's basically switched on almost all issues, Ralph Nader, Cynthia McKinney of the Green Party, Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party who I would find a bit scary if he even got near a public office, and that's about it.

If Ron Paul had finally just said Forget this to the Republican party and started his own 3rd party I'd be interested to see how he does.

There really isn't much of a choice for 3rd party. I mean you have Bob Barr but he's basically switched on almost all issues, Ralph Nader, Cynthia McKinney of the Green Party, Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party who I would find a bit scary if he even got near a public office, and that's about it.

If Ron Paul had finally just said Forget this to the Republican party and started his own 3rd party I'd be interested to see how he does.

I wish he had.

what if your candidate doesn't vote at all navy?

McCain has said how he votes in this bailout is irrelevant.

Obama has said he wants very strict oversight and no blank check for CEOS and that they should take a hit for their bad decisions.

I think it's only right that if the banks get helped then the homeowners should get help too... that's my opinion... BOTH made bad decisions however IMO the banks did it to make money and the homeowners did it so they could own a home for their family.

As this whole thing unfolds Obama is looking more level headed by the minute. McCain is just losing it.

Don't think I won't write in someones name Robert. lol This "bailout" I think is a gigantic mistake and goes against every principle of ethics that I can think up. It sends a signal to the American people our government does NOT represent us but represents the interests of "irresponsibility" . The only factor is to be able to pop-up long enough on the congressional radar and your in. Who knowns I might even write in my daughter.

Neither candidate will vote for this. What is it, 80 percent of the country is pissed about it?

what if your candidate doesn't vote at all navy?

McCain has said how he votes in this bailout is irrelevant.

Obama has said he wants very strict oversight and no blank check for CEOS and that they should take a hit for their bad decisions.

I think it's only right that if the banks get helped then the homeowners should get help too... that's my opinion... BOTH made bad decisions however IMO the banks did it to make money and the homeowners did it so they could own a home for their family.

As this whole thing unfolds Obama is looking more level headed by the minute. McCain is just losing it.

I'l be frank with you on this one Silence, he damn well BETTER be there for the vote on this one. A NV on this one to me is as good as a yes vote. I honestly believe, that if the government really wanted to help the economy and do something about the housing market then they would have 6 months ago. You know how I feel about the who thing , by now, howwever, I would rather pay taxes to get rid of some of the large number of empty homes off the market than to legitimize someones bad business practice.

Don't think I won't write in someones name Robert. lol This "bailout" I think is a gigantic mistake and goes against every principle of ethics that I can think up. It sends a signal to the American people our government does NOT represent us but represents the interests of "irresponsibility" . The only factor is to be able to pop-up long enough on the congressional radar and your in. Who knowns I might even write in my daughter.

Or you could write in Mickey Mouse.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

http://blogslut.com/disneyhouse.jpg

http://www.fairytaleweddingstore.com/rcadmin/cartpics/1028-1.jpg - See, he's a true American.

http://www.dizpins.com/events/2008_event/images/rsp_28.jpg - And well educated.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmILOL55xP0]YouTube - Full Metal Jacket - Mickey Mouse song[/ame]

And for the hell of it. :rofl:

McCain will vote. Obama won't show up.

Guess we'll see won't we. You'll be eating plenty of crow if it's the opposite.

Besides, I don't think McCain's largest contributor would be happy if he didn't vote for the bailout.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/16/u...all&adxnnlx=1222220683-DXyJE1c9Vtzw3I93sc1vPA

Individuals associated with Merrill Lynch, which sold itself to Bank of America in the market upheaval of the past weekend, have given his presidential campaign nearly $300,000, making them Mr. McCain’s largest contributor, collectively.

Now don't confuse Willow with facts dear. She is following the party mantra. She can't get off script, she may get fired!

Of course I forgot. Then McCain won't send her paycheck, which by the way comes by telegram. :rofl:

Even Batman is feeling the pinch.

$Batman poor.jpg

Thanks to his arch rival: McJoker
$489px-Mcjoker.jpg - McJoker

Though if I had to ask him one question about why he chose Sarah Palin..

Why so desperate? :badgrin:

McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds says McCain has not made a decision one way or another.

"John McCain has been very clear that he has certain reservations about the details of the agreement that has been released at last notice," Bounds said. "There is no final agreement to review, but when there is, John McCain will weigh in responsibly and appropriately."

McCain has expressed concerns about the original proposal's lack of sufficient oversight. He has said whatever plan emerges should eliminate golden parachutes for executives, and protect homes, family savings, and student loans. McCain also expressed the view that executives of any company that receives government aid, should not be compensated more than the highest-paid government employee, which is the president, who makes $400,000 a year
Political Punch

So it remains to be seen where the vote will come down on this, but as I said earlier there is no way I see this amount of money being spent without someone paying for it somewhere. So that leaves , taxpayers, military budget cuts, program cuts, the lsit is endless. Anyone who is counting on any kind of social spending, from this government after this big fat check, is going to be waiting a while, unless taxes are rasied significantly.

McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds says McCain has not made a decision one way or another.

"John McCain has been very clear that he has certain reservations about the details of the agreement that has been released at last notice," Bounds said. "There is no final agreement to review, but when there is, John McCain will weigh in responsibly and appropriately."

McCain has expressed concerns about the original proposal's lack of sufficient oversight. He has said whatever plan emerges should eliminate golden parachutes for executives, and protect homes, family savings, and student loans. McCain also expressed the view that executives of any company that receives government aid, should not be compensated more than the highest-paid government employee, which is the president, who makes $400,000 a year
Political Punch

So it remains to be seen where the vote will come down on this, but as I said earlier there is no way I see this amount of money being spent without someone paying for it somewhere. So that leaves , taxpayers, military budget cuts, program cuts, the lsit is endless. Anyone who is counting on any kind of social spending, from this government after this big fat check, is going to be waiting a while, unless taxes are rasied significantly.

It's a scary world we are living in right now. I like reading your posts, they are very informed and level headed. I'm counting on YOU Mr. Navy to keep us here updated, and keep fighting the good fight!

Let's not take this lying down America!

It's a scary world we are living in right now. I like reading your posts, they are very informed and level headed. I'm counting on YOU Mr. Navy to keep us here updated, and keep fighting the good fight!

Let's not take this lying down America!

Thank Echo Zulu from Mike Lima, The one thing about this whole situation thats really made me stop in my tracks is my own home. My entire career I moved my family all over hecks creation and my wife put up with my crap , being deployed , etc, and never really having a home. So when I retired we put a lot of thought into our home purchase and love it , so when I look around here and see things just stopping, and property values going down as a result of forclosures and just plain bad business on the part of the business sector. I'm told, well now you have to pay to get them out of this mess , if you want your home to have any value again. So it's been a real eye opener. Now I may make simple proposals on the fly but it seems to me this crisis is not solved by giving the same people that caused this mess more toys to play with when they can't handle the toys they have. It would be a better solution and one for me even though it's difficult one way or the other, to just take that money put it into some government account someplace and buy the homes out there up and sell them back at a cheap rate to those that are being forclosed or have been foreclosed upon. At the very least, I may get some of my property value back while I and my kids and my kids kids are paying the bill for this.

Bill Clinton described a program that Roosevelt used in the 30's that helped homeowners keep their homes and not get foreclosed on. Clinton said the program actually made money for the government. We need to stop the foreclosures, not give money to the people that caused the problem.

Bill Clinton described a program that Roosevelt used in the 30's that helped homeowners keep their homes and not get foreclosed on. Clinton said the program actually made money for the government. We need to stop the foreclosures, not give money to the people that caused the problem.

The Home Owners' Loan Corporation (HOLC) was one such successful temporary intervention; its help in the 1930s mortgage crisis holds lessons that are still relevant.

I think I made reference to this in another thread Chris, however if I am not mistaken this was struck down by the Supreme Court shortly before it was set to expire. Even this would be preferable if we have to run about handing out a trillion dollars to someone.

The Home Owners' Loan Act of 1933 created the HOLC. The agency eventually grew to about 20,000 employees but was designed as a temporary program "to relieve the mortgage strain and then liquidate," as one early description put it.

The Treasury was authorized to invest $200 million in HOLC stock. In current terms, based on the consumer price index, that's about $3 billion, but if adjusted based on the change in gross domestic product per capita since 1933, it would be about $20 billion. The act initially authorized the HOLC to issue $2 billion in bonds, or 10 times its capital, which relative to GDP per capita would be about $200 billion today. The idea was that for three years the agency would acquire defaulted residential mortgages from lenders and investors, give its bonds in exchange, and then refinance the mortgages on more favorable and more sustainable terms. Lenders would have a marketable bond earning interest, although with a lower interest rate than the original mortgage, in place of a frozen, non-earning asset.

Alex J. Pollock - A 1930s Loan Rescue Lesson - washingtonpost.com

Forum List

Back