A New Undecided!!

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Navy1960, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    With the crisis in the economy most especially the "bailout", I have come to the conclusion that I and my family are going to be burdened with debt by the country I spent 24 years defending. My government has taken it upon themselves to say to me and to my family and friends that, you are a fool for paying your bills on time because we are not only gonig to reward those who didn't we are going to make you pay for it. So I have come to a decision on this matter after much thought and consideration. I as an American have only one voice and one vote, so there is not much I as one man can do, other than when I get into the voting booth show how upset I am over this. So that being said, I and I suspct like many other Americans have decided that if the candidate I am supporting in this falls election votes for this "Bailout" he WILL NOT get my vote for president. I have come to the conclusion that it's now time for ALL the people in goverenment to be voted from office, republican and democrat. So if that be the case. I am now back in the "undecided" books. Further, when I do vote in the fall I will look and see anyone that has the name "incumbant" next to it and Vote for the other person in all the house and state elections.

2. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    There really isn't much of a choice for 3rd party. I mean you have Bob Barr but he's basically switched on almost all issues, Ralph Nader, Cynthia McKinney of the Green Party, Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party who I would find a bit scary if he even got near a public office, and that's about it.

If Ron Paul had finally just said Forget this to the Republican party and started his own 3rd party I'd be interested to see how he does.

3. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    I wish he had.

4. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    what if your candidate doesn't vote at all navy?

McCain has said how he votes in this bailout is irrelevant.

Obama has said he wants very strict oversight and no blank check for CEOS and that they should take a hit for their bad decisions.

I think it's only right that if the banks get helped then the homeowners should get help too... that's my opinion... BOTH made bad decisions however IMO the banks did it to make money and the homeowners did it so they could own a home for their family.

As this whole thing unfolds Obama is looking more level headed by the minute. McCain is just losing it.

5. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Don't think I won't write in someones name Robert. lol This "bailout" I think is a gigantic mistake and goes against every principle of ethics that I can think up. It sends a signal to the American people our government does NOT represent us but represents the interests of "irresponsibility" . The only factor is to be able to pop-up long enough on the congressional radar and your in. Who knowns I might even write in my daughter.

6. elvis

elvis BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,303
    Neither candidate will vote for this. What is it, 80 percent of the country is pissed about it?

7. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    I'l be frank with you on this one Silence, he damn well BETTER be there for the vote on this one. A NV on this one to me is as good as a yes vote. I honestly believe, that if the government really wanted to help the economy and do something about the housing market then they would have 6 months ago. You know how I feel about the who thing , by now, howwever, I would rather pay taxes to get rid of some of the large number of empty homes off the market than to legitimize someones bad business practice.

8. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Or you could write in Mickey Mouse.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

http://blogslut.com/disneyhouse.jpg

http://www.fairytaleweddingstore.com/rcadmin/cartpics/1028-1.jpg - See, he's a true American.

http://www.dizpins.com/events/2008_event/images/rsp_28.jpg - And well educated.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  9. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmILOL55xP0]YouTube - Full Metal Jacket - Mickey Mouse song[/ame]

And for the hell of it. :rofl:

10. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,729

McCain will vote. Obama won't show up.