A new trend in politics that must be squashed under boot.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Judging today based on historical standards and judging the past based on today's standards.

Both are polar opposites of of each other but being widely used today, especially by the radical left as well as the uninformed.

On one hand we have historical figures being wiped from sight based on today's so called acceptable standards.
On the other hand we have people claiming historical figures (Reagan, King etc) would apply today's standards to their historical positions.

Both are ridiculous and are unprovable because the political climate of yesterday is not the same as today.

The radical left wants to preach that we must learn from history by studying it at the same time they strive to erase it. When it suits their cause they are all to happy to point to historical travestys in their arguments all the while trying to whitewash that history. Then they go on to make baseless proclamations about what certain historical figures would do or say based on modern political thinking.

It's all a bunch of bullshit masquerading as fact to win over the gullible or to win an argument that they otherwise could not win based on the facts as we know them today.

The above is an excellent argument against the far right that wants to revise history and somehow make JFKs the alt right of their day. Nonsense.

Jake's KKK democrat Party wants to Stalin erase all vestiges of the racist foundings

The above excellently argues against a far right that wants to revise history and somehow make for instance JFKs the alt right of their day. Nonsense.

The above is an excellent argument against the far right that wants to revise history and somehow make JFKs the alt right of their day. Nonsense.

Jake's KKK democrat Party wants to Stalin erase all vestiges of the racist foundings

Too bad there aren't any huh.

Perhaps the second (1915) one, although that guy (Simmons) was just out for opportunism (money). But the original was just a social club modeled after a college fraternity until it got taken over by regional elements.

You know, I've just been driftin' around, reading some threads this afternoon and what really amazes me is that people with their heads this far up their asses managed to elect a President at all.

Perhaps the second (1915) one, although that guy (Simmons) was just out for opportunism (money). But the original was just a social club modeled after a college fraternity until it got taken over by regional elements.
So it wasn't like Gone With the Wind? Ashley and them out to protect the women folk?

Judging today based on historical standards and judging the past based on today's standards.

Both are polar opposites of of each other but being widely used today, especially by the radical left as well as the uninformed.

On one hand we have historical figures being wiped from sight based on today's so called acceptable standards.
On the other hand we have people claiming historical figures (Reagan, King etc) would apply today's standards to their historical positions.

Both are ridiculous and are unprovable because the political climate of yesterday is not the same as today.

The radical left wants to preach that we must learn from history by studying it at the same time they strive to erase it. When it suits their cause they are all to happy to point to historical travestys in their arguments all the while trying to whitewash that history. Then they go on to make baseless proclamations about what certain historical figures would do or say based on modern political thinking.

It's all a bunch of bullshit masquerading as fact to win over the gullible or to win an argument that they otherwise could not win based on the facts as we know them today.

The second point on judging historical figures by contemporary out-of-their-time standards is a fair one and needs no further explanation. But what do you mean by things "wiped from sight"? Not aware of that.

So it wasn't like Gone With the Wind? Ashley and them out to protect the women folk?

Not for the founders, no. They were just bored over a Christmas and created an alliterative prank. The silly rituals and goofy costumes and K-alliterations were taken over months later by existing elements like "night riders" who had been running since at least the 18th century. Interestingly Abe Lincoln's father was one.

I've actually never seen Gone With the Wind. Maybe I should.

word-saldad-bowl-illustrator-graphic.png

I
Agree with the OP, but the trend is not new. The left wants to ignore context to formulate taking points. The right does it too, but not as much as the left.

Not for the founders, no. They were just bored over a Christmas and created an alliterative prank. The silly rituals and goofy costumes and K-alliterations were taken over months later by existing elements like "night riders" who had been running since at least the 18th century. Interestingly Abe Lincoln's father was one.

You would have no patience for it, I fear. It was from a long time ago. But I admired Scarlet O'Hara like all get out in my younger days. I still do, despite her many .... failings.

You would have no patience for it, I fear. It was from a long time ago. But I admired Scarlet O'Hara like all get out in my younger days. I still do, despite her many .... failings.

I've seen it cited as a cultural example of the Lost Cause, (apparently) depicting Southern life as a bucolic landscape of plantations with happy slaves, so I hear. That surely wouldn't reflect historical reality.

Like how they don't want to discuss the Trans Sahara slave Trade during so called black history month?

Like how they ignore the blacks who owned slaves and fought for the confederacy during the so called black history month?

Like how they ignore the various Native American tribes that owned slaves and also fought for the confederacy?

Like how they don't report how Joseph McCarthy was pretty much vindicated after the Venona Papers were released and after sworn testimony of ex KGB agents?

Like how they ignore the truth about the Crusades and just report that it was simply white Europeans invading poor innocent Africans?

How much more have Americans been EDUCATED by hollywood propaganda?

Only every movie has a political message, hardly any of them praise free markets.

Yes, the devil has deceived the whole world. Mainly through his hypnotized masses that under the power of group think.

They have been convinced that boys are not boys and girls are not girls.

Its scary.

"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it"....Winston Churchill

It’s funny how the left prides themselves on being the side that wants to move this country forward with fresh ideas, but their ideas have been tried and tested, and are proven failures.

Forum List

Back