A new Moses, State Rep wrote Bliblical Basis for War

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
I'm sure there are many among the republicans now serving who agree with him.

A Washington state politician has suggested in a manifesto that all men who support abortion and gay marriage be killed, among other extreme religious views.

Washington state Rep. Matt Shea admitted Wednesday that he wrote and distributed the four-page document, called the “Biblical Basis for War,” which includes 14 sections on how biblical war can and would unfold. Shea, a Republican who represents Spokane in the state’s House, is up for re-election in the midterms next week. He did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

“Biblical Basis for War": Washington politician's manifesto suggests supporters of abortion and gay marriage be killed

You can find the Biblical Basis for War here:

Biblical Basis for War

A Washington state politician has suggested in a manifesto that all men who support abortion and gay marriage be killed, among other extreme religious views.

Washington state Rep. Matt Shea admitted Wednesday that he wrote and distributed the four-page document, called the “Biblical Basis for War,” which includes 14 sections on how biblical war can and would unfold. Shea, a Republican who represents Spokane in the state’s House, is up for re-election in the midterms next week. He did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

“Biblical Basis for War": Washington politician's manifesto suggests supporters of abortion and gay marriage be killed

Biblical Basis for War

well there's nothing quite like the annual holiday spawn of biblical boneheads Pene

quite the manifesto raft with oxymoron's like>>

Biblically dealing with Tyranny

too good!

~S~

Biblical Basis for War
At 10. b. it has avoid bloodshed if possible. I don't see where it "suggests supporters of abortion and gay marriage be killed". Can you point that out more clearly?

I was curious and checked that VICE news is a Left Center publication'

Vice Media - Media Bias/Fact Check

and opinions from readers won't give VICE news much credibility.

Is VICE News are trustworthy news source? : AskSocialScience

The New York Times vs. Vice

https://www.quora.com/How-credible-believable-are-the-VICE-documentaries

The majority of opinions from different sources won't give much reliability to this news group.

You better check if other more prestigious news media releases the same "manifesto" and if this document belongs to the politician in question, when and why has been written, and etc.

This case really concerns me. Shea has supported some group that is running a combat-training program for kids to prepare them to fight a "holy war." This sounds like ISIS/Taliban stuff, but it is being done by "Christians" in the United States. Scary. Who are they planning on fighting in the U.S.?

The federal and state governments absolutely must begin to take domestic terrorism as seriously as they do foreign terrorism. Both types of terrorism threaten the security of the American People.

The majority of opinions from different sources won't give much reliability to this news group.

You better check if other more prestigious news media releases the same "manifesto" and if this document belongs to the politician in question, when and why has been written, and etc.

There is plenty out there from the Seattle Times, Rolling Stone, The Guardian, even the Hill. Shea has already been removed from leadership positions, as the Lt. Governor announced:
WA Lt. Gov. Cyrus Habib announces Rep. Matt Shea has been removed from state leadership position

Why spend all of this energy attacking Vice?

Shea clearly has links to terrorist conspirators. Do you approve of this?

Biblical Basis for War
some wars are necessary

Biblical Basis for War
some wars are necessary

Which ones? Religion-based terrorism should not be allowed to spread over here. It has already turned substantial parts of the Middle east into blood-soaked rubble for no reason. Clowns like this one obviously contemplate attacks on Americans.

Biblical Basis for War
some wars are necessary

Which ones? Religion-based terrorism should not be allowed to spread over here. It has already turned substantial parts of the Middle east into blood-soaked rubble for no reason. Clowns like this one obviously contemplate attacks on Americans.
the ones that are necessary--duh

There is plenty out there from the Seattle Times, Rolling Stone, The Guardian, even the Hill. Shea has already been removed from leadership positions, as the Lt. Governor announced:
WA Lt. Gov. Cyrus Habib announces Rep. Matt Shea has been removed from state leadership position

He needs to be indicted for domestic terrorism. He should of been thrown out of the state assembly.

Biblical Basis for War
At 10. b. it has avoid bloodshed if possible. I don't see where it "suggests supporters of abortion and gay marriage be killed". Can you point that out more clearly?

So you didn't read it. I wonder what they would do with the women, use them as concubines.

Last edited:

Lets see.

You have called my attention, so I must check BOTH sides.

On one side. we have accusations for a document mentioning a war based on ... based on... based on religious background.

The document is not based on official business but religious beliefs.

Lets read this part from the article you just posted.

He won re-election as Representative of Legislative District 4 in November, but weeks before the election, he faced widespread criticism and became the subject of a potential FBI investigation. The controversy stemmed from a 4-page document that Shea admitted to writing called "The Biblical Basis for War." In the document, Shea writes that abortions and same-sex marriages should be made illegal, and describes how a Holy Army should punish those who do not follow Biblical Law.

Shea says the document was notes he made for an upcoming sermon.

He enjoys the benefit of doubt.

After reading the document by myself, I have not found any attempt from him to use his power as Representative in official business in order to change society.

It is well understood that the US political system is democratic and not so theocratic, and religious beliefs shall be respected as long as no action against society is made or even planned.

In order to validate the removal of Mr. Shea you must show the weapons, uniforms, something which will probe an attempt to change society by use of force. His document surely shows a hypothetical army, a hypothetical scenario, even a wish, but you can't be found guilty because you wish everyday the death of your mother in law.

"A wish" is not synonymous of "a plan" to do something.

You remind me a group of homeless who "accepted Christ" because a pastor told them they must stop drinking liquor and become "drunk with the Spirit of God". Those poor ignorant, like you here, took literally those words and I heard them saying to everybody in the streets they were drunk with the Spirit of God.

Don't lie to me and be honest, you really don't think he had the intention to create such a social environment with a government based on the laws of God.

You know that such is not possible at all. You just want to find any excuse to attack others whom you think are your "enemies".

That manifesto fits great to any church sermon because it clearly belongs to it, and this is the valid verdict.

“Shea, a Republican…”

Yes, we knew he was a Republican given his ‘manifesto.’

Shea may not be representative of all Republicans, conservatives, and Christians, but he nonetheless represents a disturbing and significant number of rightists and Christian fundamentalists hostile to the privacy rights of women and the equal protection rights of gay Americans to advocate for violence against both.

‘Far’ right, ‘radical’ right, ‘extreme’ right are quickly becoming part of the mainstream right.

This case really concerns me. Shea has supported some group that is running a combat-training program for kids to prepare them to fight a "holy war." This sounds like ISIS/Taliban stuff, but it is being done by "Christians" in the United States. Scary. Who are they planning on fighting in the U.S.?

The federal and state governments absolutely must begin to take domestic terrorism as seriously as they do foreign terrorism. Both types of terrorism threaten the security of the American People.
True.

Unfortunately Christian and other rightwing domestic terrorists hide behind the façade of ‘religious liberty’ – and indeed they have the First Amendment right to express their hate and hold their violent beliefs.

They should be monitored by law enforcement as far as the Fourth Amendment will allow.

Lets see.

You have called my attention, so I must check BOTH sides.

On one side. we have accusations for a document mentioning a war based on ... based on... based on religious background.

The document is not based on official business but religious beliefs.

Lets read this part from the article you just posted.

He won re-election as Representative of Legislative District 4 in November, but weeks before the election, he faced widespread criticism and became the subject of a potential FBI investigation. The controversy stemmed from a 4-page document that Shea admitted to writing called "The Biblical Basis for War." In the document, Shea writes that abortions and same-sex marriages should be made illegal, and describes how a Holy Army should punish those who do not follow Biblical Law.

Shea says the document was notes he made for an upcoming sermon.

He enjoys the benefit of doubt.

After reading the document by myself, I have not found any attempt from him to use his power as Representative in official business in order to change society.

It is well understood that the US political system is democratic and not so theocratic, and religious beliefs shall be respected as long as no action against society is made or even planned.

In order to validate the removal of Mr. Shea you must show the weapons, uniforms, something which will probe an attempt to change society by use of force. His document surely shows a hypothetical army, a hypothetical scenario, even a wish, but you can't be found guilty because you wish everyday the death of your mother in law.

"A wish" is not synonymous of "a plan" to do something.

You remind me a group of homeless who "accepted Christ" because a pastor told them they must stop drinking liquor and become "drunk with the Spirit of God". Those poor ignorant, like you here, took literally those words and I heard them saying to everybody in the streets they were drunk with the Spirit of God.

Don't lie to me and be honest, you really don't think he had the intention to create such a social environment with a government based on the laws of God.

You know that such is not possible at all. You just want to find any excuse to attack others whom you think are your "enemies".

That manifesto fits great to any church sermon because it clearly belongs to it, and this is the valid verdict.

You must believe that I just fell off the turnip truck. He has ties to this Patrick Caughran, who is running an ISIS-like group called Team Rugged that trains children and young men to fight a "holy war." He has ties to people and groups recommending violence.

Just one link among many:
GOP Lawmaker Plotted Insurrections to Establish Christian State

You can't hide behind some religion bullshit. Islamist extremists do the same thing. There are even white-supremacist groups that laughably call themselves Christian. These groups prostitute the Christian faith the same was that Islamist groups prostitute the Muslim faith. This is not worthy of any respect from anyone.

That word holy war makes leftist propaganda scarier doesn't it?
I'm shaking in my boot's
It ain't got a damn thing to do with religion the war coming will be started by you freaks called leftist We are training our children to defend against attacks of the left.

True.

Unfortunately Christian and other rightwing domestic terrorists hide behind the façade of ‘religious liberty’ – and indeed they have the First Amendment right to express their hate and hold their violent beliefs.

They should be monitored by law enforcement as far as the Fourth Amendment will allow.
You meant to say left-wing terrorism and leftist have the right to spew their hate just like you are doing right now.

I'm shaking in my boot's
It ain't got a damn thing to do with religion the war coming will be started by you freaks called leftist We are training our children to defend against attacks of the left.

I'm just a normal American suburbanite with moderate political views, who likes to see progress, of course, and who resents people who wish to drag any religion through the mud, like these guys do. What "attacks by the left" are you talking about? What "war"? These guys are ISIS with a Cross. You people are the freaks around here.

I'm shaking in my boot's

I'm just a normal American suburbanite with moderate political views, who likes to see progress, of course, and who resents people who wish to drag any religion through the mud, like these guys do. What "attacks by the left" are you talking about? What "war"? These guys are ISIS with a Cross. You people are the freaks around here.
You, leftists, are notorious for dragging religion into most arguments.
I know of no one in the militia that is training their children for a holy war. That term when used is used by Islamic terrorists.

Forum List

Back