A Moral Quandary

I'm not in any way involved in this series of events, and have no say in the outcome, but although I think their actions were a little extreme - though influenced, so I'm told, by alcohol and frustration (a deadly mix) - I can't help but sympathise with the perpetraters, to a degree.

Last night two of the men working on the housing project I'm contracting on were having an after work drink in a pub nearby the work site. During the course of the evening they came into contact with a man who's a known benefit/welfare cheat. He knows the 'system' like the back of his hand, and, so we've all been told, has been playing said system like a fiddle for many years now. Apparently he was loudly inferring the futility of working for a living when you can make a better living making false benefit/welfare claims. The two fellows in question decided to take him to task and underscore the negative consequences people like him have on society as a whole. He dismissed their affront with equal derision. They decided to take action. They followed him on his way home and (forcibly) relieved him of the welfare payment he'd received that day.

Being a firm believer in personal responsibility and paying your way in life; not to mention the way the worldwide economy stands, I can't but privately applaud the actions of the two men involved. Even though what they did is technically theft, the money they reclaimed was made by deception in the first place.

What are your thoughts on this? Bearing in mind the 'victim' has a family to provide for.

My thoughts are it was none of the working dudes business how the bum came into his money, even though the bum was bragging. Now, the bum is a victim. Now you may be short two workers if the bum calls the cops. And all that because the pounded aq welfare cases useless head. Its like going out of your way to stomp on dog shit.

I won't be short of anyone, earlycuyler. The two chaps in question don't work for me.

Oh, I thought they worked for you. My bad. apologies and stuff. So you know, my uncle was like the fellow you described that was beaten and robbed. he even figured out a way to get vicoden from the government.

My real thoughts?

This thread is based on a complete fabrication invented by a childish troll.

Does anyone really think otherwise?

Whether factual or not the issue is real. The penal code provides the answer. Fraud is a crime, so is robbery. Fraud is not a crime of violence; robbery is. The use of force or fear is an essential element of the crime of robbery.

That's my real thought.

The only moral quandry I can think of in the UK is whether or not to eat British food.

Apart from the one I've listed, the only moral quandary I can think of is whether I'd jeopardise a child's future by sending them to school in America.

Thugs exist everywhere. The moral quandary comes when people imagine what's in their heads and make a political issue out of it. An example of famous British food, greasy fried mystery fish in newspaper, ugh..

I "claim" nothing, Ravi. I'll protect my business in any way I see fit (though, as usual, you've omitted context). But you wouldn't know anything about that, being a sponger an' all.

Forum List

Back