A Moral Quandary

As a kid, did you applaud the actions of Robin Hood, or did you condemn them?

I was too busy playing with Barbie dolls to give a shit.

Yes, but you're not playing with your Barbie dolls now (I hope). So, on account of that, you're not so preoccuppied that you can't answer a simple question.

You asked me how I reacted as a child, and I responded. Pose your questions more carefully. Oh, and stop being a pissy little shit just because you don't like the answers you're getting.:D

I was too busy playing with Barbie dolls to give a shit.

Yes, but you're not playing with your Barbie dolls now (I hope). So, on account of that, you're not so preoccuppied that you can't answer a simple question.

You asked me how I reacted as a child, and I responded. Pose your questions more carefully. Oh, and stop being a pissy little shit just because you don't like the answers you're getting.

OK, Sherry, I'll adjust my question. As an adult (who no longer plays with Barbie dolls), do you support or condemn the actions of Robin Hood? And I'm not being a "pissy little shit", either.

You asked me how I reacted as a child, and I responded. Pose your questions more carefully. Oh, and stop being a pissy little shit just because you don't like the answers you're getting.

OK, Sherry, I'll adjust my question. As an adult (who no longer plays with Barbie dolls), do you support or condemn the actions of Robin Hood? And I'm not being a "pissy little shit", either.

Were these guys wearing tights??:eusa_whistle:

Were these guys wearing tights??

I've no idea. Now stop deflecting and answer the question.

I'm not in any way involved in this series of events, and have no say in the outcome, but although I think their actions were a little extreme - though influenced, so I'm told, by alcohol and frustration (a deadly mix) - I can't help but sympathise with the perpetraters, to a degree.

Last night two of the men working on the housing project I'm contracting on were having an after work drink in a pub nearby the work site. During the course of the evening they came into contact with a man who's a known benefit/welfare cheat. He knows the 'system' like the back of his hand, and, so we've all been told, has been playing said system like a fiddle for many years now. Apparently he was loudly inferring the futility of working for a living when you can make a better living making false benefit/welfare claims. The two fellows in question decided to take him to task and underscore the negative consequences people like him have on society as a whole. He dismissed their affront with equal derision. They decided to take action. They followed him on his way home and (forcibly) relieved him of the welfare payment he'd received that day.

Being a firm believer in personal responsibility and paying your way in life; not to mention the way the worldwide economy stands, I can't but privately applaud the actions of the two men involved. Even though what they did is technically theft, the money they reclaimed was made by deception in the first place.

What are your thoughts on this? Bearing in mind the 'victim' has a family to provide for.

They should have detailed his fraud and reported the crime, then followed through to make sure he got prosecuted. This was dumb, illegal, and wrong.

I've no idea. Now stop deflecting and answer the question.

Fuck off...I don't take orders from your condescending ass.

Evasive to the core, how typical. I should've known better than to engage with an immature ****. Consider yourself dismissed, Sherry.

You'll never learn.
smiliesnicker2.gif

Is it theft to steal stolen money from a theif?

it is if you don't return it to its rightful owner.

this isn't really that complicated....

So if they returned the money to the tax office, then it is OK.

Of course, they would still have to face the assault charge. I assume there was (no matter how small) violence to get the money...

i said nothing about it being okay.

I'm not in any way involved in this series of events, and have no say in the outcome, but although I think their actions were a little extreme - though influenced, so I'm told, by alcohol and frustration (a deadly mix) - I can't help but sympathise with the perpetraters, to a degree.

Last night two of the men working on the housing project I'm contracting on were having an after work drink in a pub nearby the work site. During the course of the evening they came into contact with a man who's a known benefit/welfare cheat. He knows the 'system' like the back of his hand, and, so we've all been told, has been playing said system like a fiddle for many years now. Apparently he was loudly inferring the futility of working for a living when you can make a better living making false benefit/welfare claims. The two fellows in question decided to take him to task and underscore the negative consequences people like him have on society as a whole. He dismissed their affront with equal derision. They decided to take action. They followed him on his way home and (forcibly) relieved him of the welfare payment he'd received that day.

Being a firm believer in personal responsibility and paying your way in life; not to mention the way the worldwide economy stands, I can't but privately applaud the actions of the two men involved. Even though what they did is technically theft, the money they reclaimed was made by deception in the first place.

What are your thoughts on this? Bearing in mind the 'victim' has a family to provide for.

What are my thoughts about thugs robbing people?

I'm against that.

You aren't?!

My thoughts are it was none of the working dudes business how the bum came into his money, even though the bum was bragging. Now, the bum is a victim. Now you may be short two workers if the bum calls the cops. And all that because the pounded aq welfare cases useless head. Its like going out of your way to stomp on dog shit.

Last edited:

My thoughts are it was none of the working dudes business how the bum came into his money, even though the bum was bragging. Now, the bum is a victim. Now you may be short two workers if the bum calls the cops. And all that because the pounded aq welfare cases useless head. Its like going out of your way to stomp on dog shit.

I won't be short of anyone, earlycuyler. The two chaps in question don't work for me.

What are my thoughts about thugs robbing people?

That's a bit rich, coming from a liberal.

Forum List

Back