A Media Doctor

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This little modern media fable inspired by the psychiatry-comedy film There's Something About Mary reminds us of the media-frenzy surrounding the suburbia-values frailty of the highly-publicized Amy Fisher (a suburbanite accused of an extra-marital affair leading to a murder attempt) scandal and the 'pedestrianism-paranoia' of our arguably commerce and traffic-obsessed 'TrumpUSA.'

I think I like First Lady Melania Trump more than President Donald Trump...

That's why comedy and storytelling will get me through TrumpUSA.

I can't wait till Oprah Winfrey is elected as President!

====

Mary Jensen was happy living in Virginia after graduating from Virginia Tech. She walked everyday to work from her nice apartment and was going to local pubs in the evening trying to find a boyfriend. She met a man named Ethan one night and started a relationship but soon discovered he was married. Ethan convinced her to stay with her while he resolved his marital difficulties and finalized his divorce, so Mary bit the bullet and decided to be patient for love's sake.

Two months later, something strange started happening to Mary. Ethan still did not finalize his divorce and Mary was being followed to work by a policeman. At first, she didn't think she was actually being followed by the cop and that he was simply making his street-rounds in the morning. However, after about two weeks, she got the eerie feeling the cop was intentionally following him. Mary started wondering if this had anything to do with Ethan when she got a strange note in the mail.

"Hello, Mary! My name is X, and I'm something of a 'maniac cop.' I'm not going to tell you if I'm a cop or not, but I assure you, I have every intention to make you feel guilty about your extra-marital affair with Ethan (I know all about it!). I've noticed you've been followed by a cop on your way to work, and I'm not going to tell you if that's actually me. What I do want to tell you, Mary, is that I want to save your soul, so you don't become like Amy Fisher (that dreadful media-Frankenstein). Remember, Mary --- keep faith with media, CNN, and most of all, Donald Trump..."

====

stalker.jpg

Forum List

Back