A matter of perspective.

Lutroo

May 29, 2016
Atheists, read from top to bottom. Christians, read it from bottom to top.
wow!!!.jpg

It really just shows that Christians and atheists look at the same facts, but come to different conclusions, based on a different way of looking at things.

The reason I CAN'T prove God exists to an atheist is because he STARTS with the ASSUMPTION that miracles CAN'T EVER HAPPEN, and THEREFORE all reported miracles MUST NOT BE TRUE.

But miracles are the ONLY way God CAN prove himself to be real, there is literally NO OTHER WAY.

And since atheists have BOXED THEMSELVES LOGICALLY INTO NON-BELIEF, there is no way to save them from non-belief.

It really just shows that Christians and atheists look at the same facts, but come to different conclusions, based on a different way of looking at things.

The reason I CAN'T prove God exists to an atheist is because he STARTS with the ASSUMPTION that miracles CAN'T EVER HAPPEN, and THEREFORE all reported miracles MUST NOT BE TRUE.

But miracles are the ONLY way God CAN prove himself to be real, there is literally NO OTHER WAY.

And since atheists have BOXED THEMSELVES LOGICALLY INTO NON-BELIEF, there is no way to save them from non-belief.
I've lived many years and have NEVER encountered anything that was undeniably supernatural. Plenty of coincidences and things I could not explain but no evidence that pointed to the supernatural. That is why I don't accept miracles, God, Zeus, ghosts, Santa Claus, etc. All it would take is a single burning bush and I'd be a true believer.

I've lived many years and have NEVER encountered anything that was undeniably supernatural. Plenty of coincidences and things I could not explain but no evidence that pointed to the supernatural. That is why I don't accept miracles, God, Zeus, ghosts, Santa Claus, etc. All it would take is a single burning bush and I'd be a true believer.
No, that isn't true, and I can prove it.

What about the miracle of life? Sounds like a miracle to me. Otherwise, how do you explain a bunch of dead chemicals becoming a living organism?

What about the miracle of life? Sounds like a miracle to me. Otherwise, how do you explain a bunch of dead chemicals becoming a living organism?
There are numerous theories that don't require supernatural intervention. If you require proof you're out of luck but God doesn't offer proof either.

There are numerous theories that don't require supernatural intervention. If you require proof you're out of luck but God doesn't offer proof either.
The problem is that those theories are contrary to our current understanding of science. Ask any biologist, or chemist. If they are honest, they'll tell you that no one has a blessed clue how life began. So God is just as valid a theory IMHO.

The problem is that those theories are contrary to our current understanding of science. Ask any biologist, or chemist. If they are honest, they'll tell you that no one has a blessed clue how life began. So God is just as valid a theory IMHO.
Except God as a creator is not really a theory. How did he create, what mechanisms did he use? If you don't know how he did it how do you know how he didn't do it?

If I told you I made an omelet for breakfast you wouldn't think I snapped my fingers and an omelet appeared would you? Or is it more reasonable to assume I scrambled some eggs.

Atheists, read from top to bottom. Christians, read it from bottom to top.
View attachment 80508
And Jews read right to left, because we know in non linear existance, the beginning can (and is) at the end.
But your idol god and his preachers explained that to you right?
LINEAR THINKERS DON'T quite see
"how things are" and "how they could and should be".

That doesn't make sense. God creates this wonderful universe with all the rules it functions by, gives us this powerful brain to figure out just how this universe functions via a methodology called science, and then He just changes the rules from time to time?

I'm a scientist and an atheist. If you want me to consider God and His miracles to exist, it's up to you to demonstrate their existence. Until you can show me the supernatural I just can't take it into account.

I'm not saying God can't exist or doesn't exist (indeed, it's entirely possible, however unlikely), I'm just saying I need evidence.

That doesn't make sense. God creates this wonderful universe with all the rules it functions by, gives us this powerful brain to figure out just how this universe functions via a methodology called science, and then He just changes the rules from time to time?

I'm a scientist and an atheist. If you want me to consider God and His miracles to exist, it's up to you to demonstrate their existence. Until you can show me the supernatural I just can't take it into account.

I'm not saying God can't exist or doesn't exist (indeed, it's entirely possible, however unlikely), I'm just saying I need evidence.
“An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign; and a sign will not be given it, except the sign of Jonah.” And He left them, and went away.

If you want me to take God into account, just show me God. Not vague signs, not open-ended prophecies, not some natural phenomenon, but show me evidence of the Supernatural.

If you want me to take God into account, just show me God. Not vague signs, not open-ended prophecies, not some natural phenomenon, but show me evidence of the Supernatural.
But He answered and said to them, "An evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and yet no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah the prophet;

Forum List

Back