A majority of the world desires wickedness

I'm not Catholic nor religious but former Pope John Paul II said, "humans are intrinsically evil."

I do not however disagree with that statement.

The planet was doing pretty good IMO 'til humans came along and fvcked everything to Hell

Since humans created the existence of the concept "evil", by definition it is human. It is also, by definition, utterly relative.
`
Did we? We have had belief in a supernatural since the dawn of humankind. In history, religion, ethics, philosophy, and psychology "good and evil" is a very common dichotomy, begot from the belief in a supernatural concept. We didn't create the concepts out of nothing. That being the case, humans gave it a name. While the definitions of the two get obfuscated quite frequently, it would appear that good and evil, in themselves, exist outside our human condition.
The concept of "evil", as with all dualism, is a consequence of our dividing up the singularity of existence into what appears to us as constituent parts.

I disagree.

I think a majority want to be happy and good. They just get deceived into thinking those things come by doing wicked things or that what they do isn’t wicked

Forum List

Back