A letter written to Ann Coulters MOM!

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
:cuckoo:
To: Nell M. Coulter

New Canaan, Conn.
Dear Mrs. Coulter,

Congratulations on your daughter's success. I'm sure you are proud of Ann's latest work, "Godless: The Church of Liberalism." It's already the top seller on Amazon.com and is obviously provocative, given the hundreds of reviews that are flowing in.

I haven't read it yet, so I wouldn't dream of commenting on the actual book. But, there is one thing that really disturbs me and that's her diatribe against four New Jersey women whom she dubs "The Witches of East Brunswick" whose husbands died in the 9-11 terrorist attacks.

Here's the money quote that has even made Tucker Carlson and Bill O'Reilly squeamish:

"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis. I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much."

The widows — Kristen Breitweiser, Lorie Van Auken, Mindy Kleinberg and Patty Casazza — came to Capitol Hill often in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks. They came seeking answers to how al-Qaida was able to hijack four commercial jets and topple the World Trade Center towers where their husbands worked.

They acted out of grief, just as others have.

Candy Lightner of California founded Mothers Against Drunk Driving and lobbied for stiffer DWI penalties after a drunk driver killed her daughter in 1980.

Maureen and Richard Kanka of New Jersey, pushed for a sex offender registry after a child molester abducted and killed their daughter, Megan, in 1994. Now we have Megan's Law.

And John Walsh of Florida lobbied Congress for a missing children's bill after his son was abducted and murdered in 1981. Walsh now hosts "America's Most Wanted" on Fox Television, which profiles unsolved crimes.

Through my work, I met the New Jersey widows — and other 9-11 family victims — often over the last five years because Sen. Joe Lieberman, D-Conn., and Rep. Christopher Shays, R-4, took up their cause.

Shays, in particular, has continued to fight for additional reforms that the 9-11 Commission recommended. He is driven largely by the memory of 87 constituents who died in the attacks. Those 87 individuals were your neighbors, too.

Anyway, the widows came to Washington and pushed for an independent commission and then lobbied for the commission's recommendations to be implemented. They never sought celebrity and I never saw them enjoying the deaths of those they held dearest.

Ann is quite the partisan, so I assume what offends your daughter most was that they endorsed Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry for president in 2004.

From what I could see, they were not all Democrats to start but were driven to Kerry's camp largely out of frustration. They did not believe President Bush and House Republican leaders would actually act on the 9-11 Commission report.

Ironically, the day your daughter's book was released the former 9-11 Commission leaders — Thomas Kean and Lee Hamilton — appeared before Shays' subcommittee to talk about what has happened in the last two years since their report was released.

Here's how Kean summed it up: "We are still not safe — a little safer, but still not safe."

A neighbor of yours was also at the hearing to urge Congress to adopt the rest of the 9-11 Commission reforms.

Like the "Jersey Girls," Mary Fetchet has been there from the beginning. Her 24-year-old son, Bradley, died in the second tower.

Mary is a remarkable woman. She used to work at Bridges in Milford as a social worker but quit after Sept. 11, 2001 and founded Voices of September 11 to provide advocacy and support to all those impacted by the terrorist attack. They are still at work out of an office in New Canaan.

Unlike the "Jersey Girls," Mary has remained non-partisan and continues to travel to Washington to lobby for a safer America. She doesn't do it for fame or money. She does it in memory of her son and the hope that no other mother should suffer a similar fate.

Mary lives over on Sunset Hill Road. It's maybe a six-minute drive from your place. You really should encourage your daughter to meet her. The experience might thaw her frozen heart.

Sincerely,

Peter Urban

Connecticut Post

http://www.connpost.com/search//ci_3924863

Jillian said:
OK...what do you think is :cuckoo: in that letter?

Good grief...
They have to go after a persons MOM, because they don't like what her daughter wrote...

Of course we know that's how the libs operate... mikey moore and sheehan went after Barbara Bush to show how big and bad.......... and STUPID they are.

jillian said:
OK...what do you think is :cuckoo: in that letter?
What? This….

I haven't read it yet, so I wouldn't dream of commenting on the actual book. But, there is one thing that really disturbs me….
Oh yeah I go around writing letters to peoples' parents ALL the time, without even knowing why BTW.

Obvious anti- Coulter, ain’t it? Wait, maybe the writer is just :cuckoo:

Mr. P said:
What? This….

Oh yeah I go around writing letters to peoples' parents ALL the time, without even knowing why BTW.

Obvious anti- Coulter, ain’t it? Wait, maybe the writer is just :cuckoo:

:thup:

This is an editorial...most editorials have to be anti-something.

In this case, anti-9/11 widow bashing.

Funny, a cartoonist made a rather criticial portrayal of the 9/11 widows. Sean Hannidy spoke in their defense and criticized the cartoonist for the jab. Now Ann Coulter goes after the widows and it is the trendy thing to do.

Stephanie said:
Good grief...
They have to go after a persons MOM, because they don't like what her daughter wrote...

Of course we know that's how the libs operate... mikey moore and sheehan went after Barbara Bush to show how big and bad.......... and STUPID they are.

Well, while I might think writing to her mother is a little goofy, I think what's nuts is attacking the widows.

I'd be far more offended by the mean-spritied thing, Annie Coulter.

Kinda pathetic that the letter's author felt so intimidated by Ann that he couldn't write the letter to her directly. I was raised that when you have a problem with someone, you take the problem to that person for resolution.

Frankly, I'm not a fan of Ann Coulter's works any more than I am of Al Gore's. But I think that writing to Ann's mother is the act of a juvenile coward - someone so wrought with partisan fervor to act, but too afraid to actually confront the person they have a problem with.

1549 said:
This is an editorial...most editorials have to be anti-something.

In this case, anti-9/11 widow bashing.

Funny, a cartoonist made a rather criticial portrayal of the 9/11 widows. Sean Hannidy spoke in their defense and criticized the cartoonist for the jab. Now Ann Coulter goes after the widows and it is the trendy thing to do.

But Ann wasnt bashing 9/11 widows in general. She was bashing four specific ones who have been using the death of their loved one to act as an unimpeachable authority in the political process.

Quite honestly it's more sick that people use the death of their loved ones for personal politics then that people object to it. My question is why is the left just personally attacks Ann rather than addressing the valid point she made? Why is it perfectly all right to have people use the death of people they love for their political agenda, but wrong to be disgusted by that?

But Ann wasnt bashing 9/11 widows in general. She was bashing four specific ones who have been using the death of their loved one to act as an unimpeachable authority in the political process.

Quite honestly it's more sick that people use the death of their loved ones for personal politics then that people object to it. My question is why is the left just personally attacks Ann rather than addressing the valid point she made? Why is it perfectly all right to have people use the death of people they love for their political agenda, but wrong to be disgusted by that?

Well, I lost a loved one to cancer. My family now donates to cancer charities and if asked to, I would go in front of the President and demand more money for cancer research. Am I using my loved one's death for political gain? It has nothing to do with politics, I just hate the fucking disease.

These women have not demanded more welfare or cleaner fuel...they asked for a commission to investigate their husbands deaths' and have since worked to apply the commission's recommendations. Have you ever thought that maybe they are not looking for fame or glory...perhaps they are a little bit pissed that 19 guys were able to hijack airplanes and crash them into buildings? Maybe even more pissed that not all of the recommended measures are being taken to prevent this from happening again.

I already lost my loved one to cancer, the reason I want to see a cure is so that it does not happen to another family member, or somebody else's family member. I am sure that is how these women feel about the terror attacks, they lost their husbands, now they don't want to see a few thousand others grieve because of inadequate security.

I love how that letter COMPLETELY ignores the entire story Ann Coulter tells about the Jersey girls and the whole "bi-partisan" 9/11 Commission.
Coulter's whole point was that liberals use victims of tragedy to spearhead their own political agenda so no one can attack it. Coulter shows that the whole point of the 9/11 commission was to cover up the mistakes made by Clinton while he was in office. Then these Jersey Girls attack Condi, demanding an answer as to why she failed to heed the warnings and prevent 9/11 from happening.

The only intelligence that was given to Condi were general blanket statements about Al Qaeda wanting to attack the US, that some terrorist was trying to buy explosives, and some other useless crap. But somehow Condi was supposed to read all these statements and a light bulb was supposed to go off in her head that 19 terrorists were going to highjack 4 commercial airliners and use them as missiles on the morning of 9-11-01.

On the Bi-paritsan commission according to Coulter-
Richard Ben-Veniste:tesified in defense of perjury and obstuction of Justice during Clinton's impeachment.
Jamie Gorelick, clinton's Deputy attorney general and architect of the policies that prevented the FBI from unraveling the 9/11 plot.

During the "investigation", Clintons former national security advisor, Sandy Berger, was caught stuffing Clinton-era documents into his pants and socks out of the National Archives. He pleaded guilty and paid 50,000 dollars. But this doesn't seem to concern liberals.

The only relevant thing that was found out was that the FBI didn't know about Mohamed Atta being in the US when the intel agencies did know. Now one would think this would be something to find out how and why this could happen. Whelp as it turns out the big gap that was put in between intelligence agencies and law enforcement was put there by a Clinton appointee (Gorelick, who the Dems put on the commission, no...no conflict of interest here people... move along...). Her guildlines that were put into place ensured that that law enforcement should only know when there is enough evidence to prosecute. It never dawned on her it might be better to use Intel to prevent attacks then wait till they happen and have enough evidence to convict a terrorist. Democractic co-chairman Lee Hamiltion denied any knowledge saying "The 9/11 commission did not learn of any U.S. government knowledge prior to 9/11 of surveillance of Mohamed Atta or his cell. Had we learned it it obviously would've been a major focus of our investigation." But after the media found out he changed his story and said he had been told about "Able Danger", but didn't mention it in the report because it was not "historically significant". Hmmm.
This finding was not included in the 9/11 report. So here we have the Jersey Girls standing with the very party whose idiotic policies help 9/11 happen. But hey, they're grieving widows attacking Bush, and that's all that matters to the media and the liberal base.

I could care less what the "recommendations" are from this whole fucking farce called the 9/11 commission. Its only purpose was to clear Clinton of any wrongdoing, and they did it.

Donate? I doubt it, the 1.6 million given to families of 9/11 wasn't enough for them, so they cried and got more.

Forum List

Back