A Lesson In Political Science

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. For several years now, the more astute among us have tried to teach maturity to Democrat voters......not always a success.
That pertains to the fact that Leftism, totalitarianism, as embedded in government schooling, infantilizes voters, turning out tons of Democrat voters who simply follow the orders of the party and their media allies.

2. In Dick Morris's new book, "The Return," he makes the same point, and how he overcame the indoctrination.
"In our polling, John and I found that half the voters who didn’t like Trump disliked his “temperament and personality,” but agreed with his “programs and positions.”
....the Frank Perdue Theory. Perdue was a regular fixture on television in the northeast in the ’80s and ’90s, as he hawked his chickens under the slogan, “It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken.” The slogan stuck with me. Could we apply it to Trump?

3. Trump is Trump. Like it or lump it. He’ll never change, and I came to realize that his manner could not be divorced from his successful outcomes. Change one, and you would forfeit the other. So we looked to Frank Perdue for guidance. If he could persuade America that it took a tough man to make a tender chicken, perhaps we could make the point that it took one to make a good president.

4. We urged the Trump campaign to say, in effect, “It’s OK to support Trump, even if you don’t like his style, because of the great record he has amassed.” And further, “It takes a Donald Trump to change Washington.” Sometimes we related the Frank Perdue strategy to voters’ dislike of the “swamp” in Washington by saying, “This is what Washington has come to . . . it takes a Donald Trump to get things done.”

5. If voters have grown up to the extent of actually considering the mess Democrats made of governing, Trump will be a shoe-in if he runs.

Last edited:
This.....
1662823693618.png

....or this:

1662823609495.png

1. For several years now, the more astute among us have tried to teach maturity to Democrat voters......not always a success.
That pertains to the fact that Leftism, totalitarianism, as embedded in government schooling, infantilizes voters, turning out tons of Democrat voters who simply follow the orders of the party and their media allies.

2. In Dick Morris's new book, "The Return," he makes the same point, and how he overcame the indoctrination.
"In our polling, John and I found that half the voters who didn’t like Trump disliked his “temperament and personality,” but agreed with his “programs and positions.”
....the Frank Perdue Theory. Perdue was a regular fix- ture on television in the northeast in the ’80s and ’90s, as he hawked his chickens under the slogan, “It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken.” The slogan stuck with me. Could we apply it to Trump?

3. Trump is Trump. Like it or lump it. He’ll never change, and I came to realize that his manner could not be divorced from his successful outcomes. Change one, and you would forfeit the other. So we looked to Frank Perdue for guidance. If he could persuade America that it took a tough man to make a tender chicken, perhaps we could make the point that it took one to make a good president.

4. We urged the Trump campaign to say, in effect, “It’s OK to support Trump, even if you don’t like his style, because of the great record he has amassed.” And further, “It takes a Donald Trump to change Washington.” Sometimes we related the Frank Perdue strategy to voters’ dislike of the “swamp” in Washington by saying, “This is what Washington has come to . . . it takes a Donald Trump to get things done.”

5. If voters have grown up to the extent of actually considering the mess Democrats made of governing, Trump will be a shoe-in if he runs.
All your apologies for Trump are accepted.

6. And what came to pass is exactly as Dick Morris predicted:

“I’ve got it!” the screed began. “Biden is so weak, so senile, the crazies on the Left will take over.

No police. No cars. No free speech. Crime runs rampant. Open borders. Terrorists and druggies food in. All drugs legalized. Huge taxes. Everything is determined by affirmative action.

No standards for doctors or professionals. Anybody gets in. Mass government medicine. Not enough doctors. Medicare swamped. Political correctness reigns. Climate change deniers guilty of a crime. Locked up. Criminals go free. Anti-Semitism. Anti-Israel.

Biden is like vonHindenburg was in Weimar [Germany]. Incapable of controlling Hitler. Biden is incapable of controlling AOC or Pelosi. So weak that he becomes Pelosi’s puppet, and she, in turn, is run by the likes of AOC.” “Everyone knows the Left is nuts, and Biden is weak, so put them together: No coal. No oil. No fracking. Permissive schools. Anything goes. Washington Monument and Jefferson Memorial renamed. They had slaves. Reparations.”

“And Biden can’t deny it without pissing off his base. His convention becomes a brawl as progressives try to get their platform.”

“Trump is safe and sane by comparison.”
Dick Morris, "The Return"

Last edited:
If the GOP voters have grown up they'll nominate a conservative without the baggage that Trump carries. Liz Cheney is such a conservative and her principled stance against Trump is in stark contrast to Trump himself. Then they may have a chance in 2024.

As a Dem I'm overjoyed that GOP primary voters show no such maturity because Trump is the one candidate that Biden could beat.

....the Frank Perdue Theory. Perdue was a regular fixture on television in the northeast in the ’80s and ’90s, as he hawked his chickens under the slogan, “It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken.” The slogan stuck with me. Could we apply it to Trump?

More assinine blather from you!

6. And what came to pass is exactly as Dick Morris predicted:

“I’ve got it!” the screed began. “Biden is so weak, so senile, the crazies on the Left will take over.

No police. No cars. No free speech. Crime runs rampant. Open borders. Terrorists and druggies food in. All drugs legalized. Huge taxes. Everything is determined by affirmative action.

No standards for doctors or professionals. Anybody gets in. Mass government medicine. Not enough doctors. Medicare swamped. Political correctness reigns. Climate change deniers guilty of a crime. Locked up. Criminals go free. Anti-Semitism. Anti-Israel.

Biden is like vonHindenburg was in Weimar [Germany]. Incapable of controlling Hitler. Biden is incapable of controlling AOC or Pelosi. So weak that he becomes Pelosi’s puppet, and she, in turn, is run by the likes of AOC.” “Everyone knows the Left is nuts, and Biden is weak, so put them together: No coal. No oil. No fracking. Permissive schools. Anything goes. Washington Monument and Jefferson Memorial renamed. They had slaves. Reparations.”

“And Biden can’t deny it without pissing off his base. His convention becomes a brawl as progressives try to get their platform.”

“Trump is safe and sane by comparison.”
Dick Morris, "The Return"
And the Right leaves fiction behind and jumps headlong into fantasy. Wrong genre guys. :thankusmile:

And the Right leaves fiction behind and jumps headlong into fantasy. Wrong genre guys. :thankusmile:
a. Who did a better job with the economy, Trump or the Democrats?

b. Who was better containing the southern border, Trump or the Democrats?

c. Who contained inflation better, Trump or the Democrats?

d. When was there more peace in the world, under Trump or under the Democrat?

e. When did we have better gas prices, under Trump or under the Democrats?

f. Where did we get the truth about Russian Collusion, from Trump or from the Democrats?

g. Who provided the Taliban with over $30 billion in weapons, Trump or the Democrats?

h. Who, contrary to the Constitution, allowed courts and attorneys general to alter the menthods of elections, Trump or the Democrats?

i. Who is in favor of censorship of views they don't like, Trump or the Democrats???

j. Who insistes on nuclear-arming the world's worst state sponsor of terrorism, Trump or the Democrats?

My recent post elsewhere:

I cannot understand how any American can ignore the principle of presumption of innocence until proved guilty. You don't know that he did or didn't do any crime. I don't know if he did or didn't do any crime. All we know is what people who want him destroyed have told us. He has been under intense investigation since he and Melania came down the escalator and so far his enemies have turned up bupkiss.

Trump is hated by some because they just don't like the way he looks, the way he speaks, the way he expresses or conducts himself personally. He at times can be petty, petulant, cringeworthy and at times he can be magnificent.

Trump is hated by some out of pure jealousy because he went against the conventional wisdom and/or methods and accomplished so many good things that they were too timid to do, or too incompetent to do, or unwilling to do or said couldn't be done. Or that the truly evil didn't want done.

Trump is hated by some because he showed up their party and its platform as the counterproductive and/or unAmerican concept that it is.

Trump is hated by some because he expects them to uphold their agreements and responsibilities and not take advantage of America and Americans.

So (the figurative) you hate him and/or want him gone why?

My recent post elsewhere:

I cannot understand how any American can ignore the principle of presumption of innocence until proved guilty. You don't know that he did or didn't do any crime. I don't know if he did or didn't do any crime. All we know is what people who want him destroyed have told us. He has been under intense investigation since he and Melania came down the escalator and so far his enemies have turned up bupkiss.

Trump is hated by some because they just don't like the way he looks, the way he speaks, the way he expresses or conducts himself personally. He at times can be petty, petulant, cringeworthy and at times he can be magnificent.

Trump is hated by some out of pure jealousy because he went against the conventional wisdom and/or methods and accomplished so many good things that they were too timid to do, or too incompetent to do, or unwilling to do or said couldn't be done. Or that the truly evil didn't want done.

Trump is hated by some because he showed up their party and its platform as the counterproductive and/or unAmerican concept that it is.

Trump is hated by some because he expects them to uphold their agreements and responsibilities and not take advantage of America and Americans.

So (the figurative) you hate him and/or want him gone why?

I believe there is a pecuniary element to the hatred: he restricts their sinecures.

Here's the reason the establishment of both parties is anti-Trump: he is a threat to their wealth.

"Trump Attack on Regulation
Starts To Win Admiration
Both At Home and Abroad"
Trump Attack on Regulation Starts To Win Admiration Both At Home and Abroad - The New York Sun

Most important to the tyrants...er, Congressmen....is that by producing regulations that stymie businesses....said businesses have to bribe....er, lobby....the Representative to put in loopholes.

Ending regulation is an existential danger to their sinecures: they go to Washington to do good, and end up doing well.

Every notice how many Congressmen leave government far richer than when they went in?

Forum List

Back