A inch or two of snow they said.....5+ inches later......Weather people are totally worthless!

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I woke-up to 3" with a few flurries....Cleaned it up, and I'll be damned if we didn't get another 2.5" or so.

I swear, I don't know why I bother to even look at the weather forecast.....They are fuckin' worthless.

I know, grumble, grumble, gripe, gripe.

(Puts on boots to move the rest.)

Well, they do get sunrise and sundown times right.

"It will be light today followed by darkness toward evening." -Polish weather report.

"Eet will be chili today but hot tamale." -Mexican weather report.

We were supposed to get a little bit of freezing rain on Friday

What we got is a disaster area. Telephone poles have been snapped in two, there probably won't be any electricity for at least another week in many areas and tree limbs are down everywhere.

I woke-up to 3" with a few flurries....Cleaned it up, and I'll be damned if we didn't get another 2.5" or so.

I swear, I don't know why I bother to even look at the weather forecast.....They are fuckin' worthless.

Besides government ... the Meteorology role is one of the only jobs that continues to pay a great salary; regardless, if they are more than 50% incorrect

Climate change is messing with their models.

1705694467024.png

Well, done again.....At least it's a bit above freezing and the remnant of snow on my driveways is melting.

The wind is up to around 20 mph so snow is blowing everywhere.....Add to that it's supposed to get down to about 15 degrees tonight.....Brrrrr.

But was the weather girl hot?

Come on. Give them a break. They do the best they can with the information they have.

It has been suggested that if you put 10 meteorologists in a room and nine predict no precipitation and one predicts rain, you have a 10% chance for rain. :)

But the fact is, our planet pretty well runs itself and our puny species even though we are the most advanced intellectually and we have the most ability to choose what we will do about what we observe, see, know, feel, etc., we understand very little of all there is to know about Planet Earth. We can make educated predictions according to historical probability, we can visually track hurricanes and tornados and super storms, but for the most part we don't really usually know exactly what the weather is going to do and/or how much it's going to do it.

And I suspect very strongly the same is true about the climate overall. That is why I keep an open mind but have a healthy skepticism that all the government mandates, requirements, bans, policies to control or change the climate are likely all an exercise in futility. I think they are unlikely to accomplish anything but restrict our liberties, choices, options, opportunities.

Last edited:
No, they are all thicc and either black or "not from around here foreigners". Sadly our so-called "local weather" comes out of DC.

Usually the weather girl's ass is covering up the county I live in while she bitches about no snow in DC.

Sounds like the meteorologists in your area have really screwed up priorities. Since its not a science the least they can do is make it an art.

Good thing forecasts in all other areas of business are much better. We would all get fired with inaccuracies like the weather dolts.
You're kidding right? How often are the economists wrong in their predictions? I would guess well over 50% of the time. Predicting human behavior with any degree of exactness is often a fool's errand as is trying to predict weather or climate with there being so much that we don't know at least yet.

Forum List

Back