A Good Definition of Treason

a few quick points.... what Al Gore said on the campaign trail in 2000 and what is the reality of US-Israeli relations don't necessarily coincide. He said, that Bush the First TRIED to bully Israel.... I can tell you that he was not successful because he never put any teeth behind it nor has any American president.

I said "Islamic extremism could give a hit less aobut infidels living in north america... not even on their radar screen" and you give me Salman Rushdie, a danish cartoonist, and the POPE? Can you say "geographically challenged"??

There is no "difference in tactics, demanded by the realities of the theater"...there is a LACK of tactics to play hardball with a weak kneed "ally" who allows Saudi money to flow into his country funding pakistani madrassas that preach death to America. Why are you so afraid to just admit that?

I never said the Saudi Royals were aware of the 9/11 plot. I said that Saudi Arabia funds extreme wahabbist madrassas throughout the region... it is from those madrassas that the hijackers and generations coming after them learned and are learning to hate us.

The 9/11 Commission and the Senate Intelligence Committee say that there was NO operational relationship between Saddam and Osama...but, what the hell.... let's rely on the WEEKLY STANDARD??????? ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!

[1]a few quick points.... what Al Gore said on the campaign trail in 2000 and what is the reality of US-Israeli relations don't necessarily coincide. He said, that Bush the First TRIED to bully Israel.... I can tell you that he was not successful because he never put any teeth behind it nor has any American president.

[2]I said "Islamic extremism could give a hit less aobut infidels living in north america... not even on their radar screen" and you give me Salman Rushdie, a danish cartoonist, and the POPE? Can you say "geographically challenged"??

…..

[3]The 9/11 Commission and the Senate Intelligence Committee say that there was NO operational relationship between Saddam and Osama...but, what the hell.... let's rely on the WEEKLY STANDARD??????? ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!

1. So did Al Gore lie, or was he just stupid? I thought he had gravitas.
2. I gave you three obvious examples. Are they not all within US interests?
3. Shoot the messenger. The Weekly Standard article summarizes a “top secret U.S. government memorandum obtained”. Sorry if I don’t have the security clearance to link to the report.:rolleyes:

Maybe I'm mischaracterising what you are saying here? From what I get, you are hoping that politics trumps success?

I do not think that success - militarily, as Bush envisions it - is possible in Iraq. I think his idea of sweeping in, being welcomed as liberators, booting out Saddam, holding elections, write a constitution and voila! up would spring this peaceful multicultural Jeffersonian democracy on the banks of the Euphrates right along with all the statues of Dubya himself in all the town squares throughout Iraq and the region was a FREAKIN' UNTETHERED -FROM -REALITY FLIGHT OF FANTASY that has cost us a trillion dollars and 25K dead and wounded young americans. I think that some republicans are realizing that America is realizing that Iraq is not ever going to work out the way we had planned.... that Iraq, like it or not, is in the midst of a bloody bloody civil war.

I love how some folks like to make light of the carnage in Iraq.... it's only a handful here and there... just a few malcontents setting off a few bombs in cars or strapped to their pathetic bodies.....

Iraq is a country of 28 million people. A short while ago, there were 1000 Iraqi civilians killed in a single week. That is a bloody bloody civil war. period. If America had seen ten thousand civilians killed in sectarian violence in one week - be that rich versus poor, or white versus people of color, or conservative versus liberal, or north versus south - we would not flinch in calling such carnage a civil war. Whose side should America be on in an Iraqi civil war?

I do not think that success - militarily, as Bush envisions it - is possible in Iraq. I think his idea of sweeping in, being welcomed as liberators, booting out Saddam, holding elections, write a constitution and voila! up would spring this peaceful multicultural Jeffersonian democracy on the banks of the Euphrates right along with all the statues of Dubya himself in all the town squares throughout Iraq ......

I must have missed that press conference. Could you provide a link to the transcript?

I do not think that success - militarily, as Bush envisions it - is possible in Iraq. I think his idea of sweeping in, being welcomed as liberators, booting out Saddam, holding elections, write a constitution and voila! up would spring this peaceful multicultural Jeffersonian democracy on the banks of the Euphrates right along with all the statues of Dubya himself in all the town squares throughout Iraq and the region was a FREAKIN' UNTETHERED -FROM -REALITY FLIGHT OF FANTASY that has cost us a trillion dollars and 25K dead and wounded young americans. I think that some republicans are realizing that America is realizing that Iraq is not ever going to work out the way we had planned.... that Iraq, like it or not, is in the midst of a bloody bloody civil war.
Um, you had my agreement previously on it being handled disastrously. But heh, you have an agenda and ignore the thesis altogether that the idea was right. FTR, no flowers.
I love how some folks like to make light of the carnage in Iraq.... it's only a handful here and there... just a few malcontents setting off a few bombs in cars or strapped to their pathetic bodies.....

Iraq is a country of 28 million people. A short while ago, there were 1000 Iraqi civilians killed in a single week. That is a bloody bloody civil war. period. If America had seen ten thousand civilians killed in sectarian violence in one week - be that rich versus poor, or white versus people of color, or conservative versus liberal, or north versus south - we would not flinch in calling such carnage a civil war. Whose side should America be on in an Iraqi civil war?
When were 10k killed in one week? You are grasping. Why?

1. So did Al Gore lie, or was he just stupid? I thought he had gravitas.
2. I gave you three obvious examples. Are they not all within US interests?
3. Shoot the messenger. The Weekly Standard article summarizes a “top secret U.S. government memorandum obtained”. Sorry if I don’t have the security clearance to link to the report.:rolleyes:

1. You really do have a problem with the finer points of english comprehension, don't you? Your quote read, "Vice President Al Gore suggested Tuesday that George W. Bush's father led an administration that TRIED ''to bully Israel,'' " I said that Bush the first was not successful. Got it?
2. Salman Rushdie and the danish cartoonist and the Pope are NOT within the north american continent. I said that islamic extremists could give a shit about the freedoms we enjoy where we live.
3. And watch me "summarize a top secret document" that claims that the freakin' moon is made of green cheese! Are you suggesting that the Senate Intelligence Committee - chaired by a republican - and the 9/11 Commission - also co-chaired by a republican does not have access to the same level of top secret documents that the freakin' Weekly Standard has????

When were 10k killed in one week? You are grasping. Why?

no.... I ask you to do a little basic extrapolation. 1000 innnocent civilians die in a country of 28 million. If America, with our population of 300 million, suffered similar per capita casualties, that would equate to OVER ten thousand. If WE lost 10K civilians in one week to a sectarian conflict in America, we would certainly be referring to is as a "civil war" n'est ce pas?

no.... I ask you to do a little basic extrapolation. 1000 innnocent civilians die in a country of 28 million. If America, with our population of 300 million, suffered similar per capita casualties, that would equate to OVER ten thousand. If WE lost 10K civilians in one week to a sectarian conflict in America, we would certainly be referring to is as a "civil war" n'est ce pas?

Not necessarily. If the casualties were not from another sector of our country, it would NOT be a civil war. In Iraq however, you are mixing the religious with political. It's a bloodbath, I agree. Isn't that what the surge is hoping to address? I heard that they are already looking at a plan B, to be implemented if this doesn't turn it around quick enough.

1. You really do have a problem with the finer points of english comprehension, don't you? Your quote read, "Vice President Al Gore suggested Tuesday that George W. Bush's father led an administration that TRIED ''to bully Israel,'' " I said that Bush the first was not successful. Got it?
2. Salman Rushdie and the danish cartoonist and the Pope are NOT within the north american continent. I said that islamic extremists could give a s[...] about the freedoms we enjoy where we live.
3. And watch me "summarize a top secret document" that claims that the freakin' moon is made of green cheese! Are you suggesting that the Senate Intelligence Committee - chaired by a republican - and the 9/11 Commission - also co-chaired by a republican does not have access to the same level of top secret documents that the freakin' Weekly Standard has????
1. That was Al Gore’s opinion. The fact is that the US put pressure on Israel then, and has many times, and you claim that they never have. I documented an example to support my opinion.
2. Again, are these examples not within the interests of the US? Do you really think that the Islamists only wish to conquer Europe, and leave us Americans alone? I could find other examples specific to the US but so far your inability to argue thoughtfully and civilly doesn’t justify that.
3. Again, shoot the messenger, and again, I could link to more examples but…

You are trying to equate American culture (few babies, high level of nurture) with that of Iraq (lots of babies, ...). The technique is ineffective.

Forum List

Back