A date that will live in infamy: Remembering the attack on Pearl Harbor

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
Well, not today, today is the 6th of December. But tomorrow is Sunday, December 7th, and it is exactly 73 years tomorrow on December 7th, 1941 that the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. That attack got the United States involved in World War II. It crippled our navy and sent Americans reeling; as such it was date that would live in infamy. The day after the attack, President Roosevelt saw through the shock and dismay, and called for Congress to declare war on Japan. The resolution passed nearly unanimously, and three days later Japan did likewise.

For four years the United States fought against Japan, Germany, Italy, and the Axis powers. It along with her allies won the war; but over 400,000 American soldiers died during that time period, along with 12,000 civilians in the Merchant Marine fleet and the Civil Air Patrol. It goes without saying, our freedom would be nonexistent without their sacrifices. For as long as America is America, she owes her past, present, and future to those who lost their lives in the line of duty. Not only them, but those here at home who made sure those soldiers were out there with the best arms and equipment on the front line, as well.

Never forget.

Thanks.....my Uncle Ed was on the U.S.S. West Virginia......I never forget this day. He survived, but never could or did talk about it.

Honestly I don't give a damn about Pearl Harbor and you people's indoctrinated bullshit sense of "patriotism".

Honestly I don't give a damn about Pearl Harbor and you people's indoctrinated bullshit sense of "patriotism".

why be patriotic about America? Well without America there would be no civilization on earth. Earth would be divided between the heirs of Hitler Stalin Mao Tojo and ISIS. Imagine the ignorance required not to be patriotic about America.

Without America there would be no civilization on earth. Earth would be divided between the heirs of Hitler Stalin Mao Tojo and ISIS. Imagine the ignorance required not to be patriotic about America.

Spoken like a fully indoctrinated Mundane.

And you called me ignorant.

Without America there would be no civilization on earth. Earth would be divided between the heirs of Hitler Stalin Mao Tojo and ISIS. Imagine the ignorance required not to be patriotic about America.

Spoken like a fully indoctrinated Mundane.

And you called me ignorant.​

100% ignorant!! Better to be indoctrinated by Hitler Stalin Mao Tojo and ISIS?

See why we say liberalism is based in pure ignorance?[/QUOTE]

I am not a liberal. I don't care at all about "liberalism".

Personally I respect both Stalin and Hitler faaaar more than I respect any American president, with the exception of maybe Washington.​

Last edited:

Personally I respect both Stalin and Hitler faaaar more than I respect any American president, with the exception of perhaps Washington.​

good, its nice to know you are a totally stupid and typical liberal. Can you explain why you respect HItler more than
Reagan. Will patiently await your answer. Thanks.

Forum List

Back