A Dark Day In U.S. History

At the time, Birth of a Nation was looked at as a masterpiece. I remember lists of greatest American films that came out in the 60s having Birth of a Nation in the top ten. It didn't become politically incorrect until the 70s

The Birth of a Nation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), founded in 1909, protested premieres of the film in numerous cities. It also conducted a public education campaign, publishing articles protesting the film's fabrications and inaccuracies, organizing petitions against it, and conducting education on the facts of the war and Reconstruction.[13]

"When the film was shown, riots broke out in Boston, Philadelphia and other major cities. The cities of Chicago; Denver; Kansas City, Missouri; Minneapolis; Pittsburgh; and St. Louis, Missouri refused to allow the film to open. The film's inflammatory character was a catalyst for gangs of whites to attack blacks. In Lafayette, Indiana, after seeing the movie, a white man murdered a black teenager.

"Historians believe the quote attributed to Wilson originated with Dixon, who was relentless in publicizing the film. It has been repeated so often in print that it has taken on a separate life. Dixon went so far as to promote the film as "Federally endorsed". After controversy over the film had grown, Wilson wrote that he disapproved of the "unfortunate production."
Right wing myths die hard.
Very hard.

Why do people see the movie "Birth of a Nation" as inflammatory ?

It was basically a factual documentary of American life during that time period. :cool:

Quran is basically a factual documentary of racism in islime.

"Historically, The Birth of a Nation was the first blockbuster. It is considered important by film historians as one of the first feature length American films (most previous films had been less than one hour long), and it changed the industry's standard in a way still influential today It was enormously popular, breaking box office records."

D. W. Griffith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That does not support your claim, and wiki-fucking-pedia is not a legitimate source for anything. Try again or shut the fuck up.

"make you"? What are you, fucking 9 years old? If you have any, your shame and humiliation should "make you" shut up, you fucking moron.

"make you"? What are you, fucking 9 years old? If you have any, your shame and humiliation should "make you" shut up, you fucking moron.

You poor baby; I will try to be easy on you since you are having a melt down.

Need a tissue my child? :D

Yeah, the rubber and glue technique is not working for ya, champ. Better go back to the playground for more advice.

Depression around this time of the year is epidemic.

Maybe you should call one of the Mental Health Hotlines and tell them your problems.

Who knows; it could be me that answers the phone.

I promise to try and help you. :cool:

Yeah, help from the likes of you. Just what nobody ever needs. You really should try shutting the fuck up like I told you earier.

As much as it pains me - Sunni Man and Samson are right.

KKK membership in this time period measured in the many millions.

It was the 2ncd iteration of the Klan (there were 3) : This second Klan was built up more as a fraternal organization, and primarily to sell Life Insurance. (No kidding)

Forum List

Back