A Crack Appears in the SJW Tech Matrix

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
A female program manager and others at Microsoft are saying some things that many consider not permissible in 2019.

Microsoft staff are openly questioning the value of diversity

Some Microsoft employees are openly questioning whether diversity is important, in a lengthy discussion on an internal online messaging board meant for communicating with CEO Satya Nadella.

Two posts on the board criticizing Microsoft diversity initiatives as “discriminatory hiring” and suggesting that women are less suited for engineering roles have elicited more than 800 comments, both affirming and criticizing the viewpoints, multiple Microsoft employees have told Quartz. The posts were written by a female Microsoft program manager. Quartz reached out to her directly for comment, and isn’t making her name public at this point, pending her response.

“Does Microsoft have any plans to end the current policy that financially incentivizes discriminatory hiring practices? To be clear, I am referring to the fact that senior leadership is awarded more money if they discriminate against Asians and white men,” read the original post by the Microsoft program manager on Yammer, a corporate messaging platform owned by Microsoft. The employee commented consistently throughout the thread, making similar arguments. Quartz reviewed lengthy sections of the internal discussion provided by Microsoft employees.

Story continues...

So what exactly are the negative repercussions of hiring from a more diverse candidate pool? Other than hurt feelings?

Diversity is always a positive thing. Choosing the best from the widest possible pool of candidates is an undeniable formula for success.

However, choosing candidates solely based on diversity goals isn't the aim of diversity.

So the assumption is that all of the white males and Asians are better qualified than every black person hired?

And Asians are included in the protected class identified by the CIvil Rights Act of 1964. Or are you speaking of the Asians from India who are H-1B visa holders and fill many of our tech jobs?

Last edited:
So the assumption is that all of the white males and asians are better qualified than every black person hired?

That doesn't even deserve a response. You know that's not what people are saying. Are you trying to look like an Affirmative Action participant here?

So the assumption is that all of the white males and asians are better qualified than every black person hired?

That doesn't even deserve a response. You know that's not what people are saying. Are you trying to look like an Affirmative Action participant here?
Well considering you clowned my comment the moment it posted to the server apparently it did.

As much as you might need to believe otherwise, Affirmation Action doesn't produce quality candidates and workers, it only provides the opportunity to compete, so my credentials, experience and successes in my profession are all my own, not Affirmative Action given.

I've worked in the tech industry as a software developer for more than 30 years and in Microsoft land on and off for close to two decades so I am quite interested in what the complaint is other than some black people are making strides in this field, catching up and becoming more affluent. We all know that some people don't want anyone catching up to them. Then they can no longer be "special".

Forum List

Back