A Couple of thoughts about relationships...

-=d=- said:
Hmm....maybe if you stopped bringing home strippers?

That was her idea. :D

Seriously, I don't really mind so much. I just find other things to do, like go to school. She doesn't seem to care for it when I try to help, so I leave her alone to do what she does so it can be done the way she wants it. I just don't get how, when she's home, there always seems to be something to do. There has been times when just me and Trei would be at home and I always had time to spend with him. I'd wait til he went to bed to do the dishes or just put them off until the next day. Same with laundry, I'd start it whenever I could and get around to finishing it whenever I could. My wife's just not very good with time management, and she's hard-headed and refuses to listen to me. :)

"She quickly replied with the adage "Don't put off for tomorrow what can be done today!"

I have often wondered why people apply this philosophy to inanimate objects at the expense of the ones that love them and then wonder why the ones that love them aren't there when they are done.

-Cp said:
Right, but I think it's possible some spouses are too emotional for any one human to possibly keep up with.. :D

Again, that is the exception. There are reasonable levels of attention/interaction which aren't asking too much. What you, and your lovely wife via Msgr, are trying to do is find minute, specific situations to justify how either of you act the majority of the time. Of course there are specific instances where things have to be done around the house, or at work. Of course there are times when either spouse is too tired from whatever. Here's the watered-down, cliff-notes version of my original piece, thanks to Joz:

"Cultivate & nurture, the relationship and appreciate your mate. The dishes will still be there, tomorrow. Your spouse may not."

Read my original post. Pause and contemplate, then apply as it may fit. Don't waste time trying to 'sharp-shoot' my thoughts, because it is pointless. I am not in the business of trying to convince people I am 'right'. I AM in the business of hopefully providing a perspective on things which cause others to benefit.

-Cp said:
I am completely convinced that men enjoy sex WAY more then women...

If that's true in your marriage, you aren't doing your job. I can't enjoy sex unless the woman I with is having a good time. ;)

BillyBadAss said:
That was her idea. :D

Seriously, I don't really mind so much. I just find other things to do, like go to school. She doesn't seem to care for it when I try to help, so I leave her alone to do what she does so it can be done the way she wants it. I just don't get how, when she's home, there always seems to be something to do. There has been times when just me and Trei would be at home and I always had time to spend with him. I'd wait til he went to bed to do the dishes or just put them off until the next day. Same with laundry, I'd start it whenever I could and get around to finishing it whenever I could. My wife's just not very good with time management, and she's hard-headed and refuses to listen to me. :)

I'll pray for her...and you (and Trei too!). Frankly, I thought mary was a lost cause awhile back. Today, I'm more in love with her than I ever thought Possible. She's taken major steps to reciprocate those feelings in ways I understand. It's difficult for her, but she is trying; it means a lot to me.

Course, it could be all just cuz of my awesome b3dr00m ski||z.

:D

manu1959 said:
"She quickly replied with the adage "Don't put off for tomorrow what can be done today!"

I have often wondered why people apply this philosophy to inanimate objects at the expense of the ones that love them and then wonder why the ones that love them aren't there when they are done.

That, my friend, is awesome. And exactly to the point. Well-put. If I could rep you again, I would.

-=d=- said:
If that's true in your marriage, you aren't doing your job. I can't enjoy sex unless the woman I with is having a good time. ;)

D, don't you think if women enjoyed sex as much this whole housework issue wouldn't exist? Denial ain't just a river in egypt.

rtwngAvngr said:
D, don't you think if women enjoyed sex as much this whole housework issue wouldn't exist? Denial ain't just a river in egypt.

I dunno. I enjoy racing my car - a LOT; my enjoyment doesn't dictate how frequently I go racing.

-=d=- said:

That observation is simply based on the premise that men desire sex way more often then women..

Which could be because women know they have a chance of getting pregnant and go thru birthing pains - meanwhile the guy just skids by..

lol

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
-Cp said:
That observation is simply based on the premise that men desire sex way more often then women..

Which could be because women know they have a chance of getting pregnant and go thru birthing pains - meanwhile the guy just skids by..

lol

I had sympathy pains when mary was birthin' our kids. :) She's the one that got all the drugs, too!

-=d=- said:

So you're able to enjoy sex alone because the woman in your mind is screaming her head off? :D

LOL

-=d=- said:
I dunno. I enjoy racing my car - a LOT; my enjoyment doesn't dictate how frequently I go racing.

Racing isn't something you can do with zero preparation and be done in twenty minutes or so. Apples and oranges.

-=d=- said:
Frankly, I thought mary was a lost cause awhile back. Today, I'm more in love with her than I ever thought Possible. She's taken major steps to reciprocate those feelings in ways I understand. It's difficult for her, but she is trying; it means a lot to me.

So, are you going to travel the country giving seminars about relationships now? I mean, you couldn't even get Nicky and Mary to make out in front of us, how good could you possibly be? :p:

rtwngAvngr said:
Racing isn't something you can do with zero preparation and be done in twenty minutes or so. Apples and oranges.

No...Apples to Apples.

Racing is done by driving to the track and putting on a helmet. 20 minutes later, the session is done.

Sex is done by driving to the store, buying flowers, driving to the restuarant, getting take-out, driving to the video store and picking up a chick-flick, driving home, doing the dishes, while she puts the kids to bed, walking upstairs to the bedroom, putting on the clown suit, and then being done in 20 minutes.

The point stands - not everything we enjoy is something we desire on a daily basis.

BillyBadAss said:
So, are you going to travel the country giving seminars about relationships now? I mean, you couldn't even get Nicky and Mary to make out in front of us, how good could you possibly be? :p:

In front of 'us' no...in front of 'me'.... ?? ;)

:D

Forum List

Back